JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm surprised the AR group isn't being charged with trespassing, which they are clearly doing. They are voluntarily sending an object they own into the usable airspace above the land owned by another person. It's clearly trespassing, and they can be charged with a misdemeanor criminally and they can be sued in civil court. What's wrong with the DA?

I fully agree. They should be held accountable for there actions. It baffles me as to why they are not charged with some sort of trespassing, invasion of privacy, crime, and they obviously keep getting away with it. Didn't he say that was the 4th one shot down? I agree I would K.O.S there stupid camera drones if i was a member of that gun club. They have no right butting into the LEGAL hunting affairs on private property.

I fully agree. They should be held accountable for there actions. It baffles me as to why they are not charged with some sort of trespassing, invasion of privacy, crime, and they obviously keep getting away with it. Didn't he say that was the 4th one shot down? I agree I would K.O.S there stupid camera drones if i was a member of that gun club. They have no right butting into the LEGAL hunting affairs on private property.

That this amounts to illegal trespass is not conjecture on my part.

The landowner has exclusive control of the immediate reaches of the enveloping atmosphere, even though the airspace is a public highway. S/he owns at least as much above the ground as s/he can occupy or use in connection with the land. The right of an owner of lands extends downward and upward indefinitely.

Thus, flight of an aircraft over land is lawful, unless the flight is at such a low altitude as to interfere with the existing use to which the land is put by the owner, or unless the flight is conducted in a manner imminently dangerous to persons or property lawfully on the land.

A trespass violation of one's airspace hinges on what altitude the owner can make use of over the land. This is a shooting club. If the drone can be hit by shooting in its direction then it is obviously within the protected space over the shooting club. It is an object voluntarily sent into that airspace by its owner. The owner of the drone is trespassing.

Airplanes don't fly low enough to the ground to be downed with a shotgun. These people were spying, and there are laws about stalking and peeping. If you are in an area where you have a reasonable expectation of privacy then yes they did do something illegal.

What a bunch of idiots! Says it's the 4th drone that has been shot out of the sky, yet they still continue to put a new one in the sky.

Kinda like getting the clap from a hooker, complaining about it, and then going back 3 more times to do her! HELLO????....

We treated a combat engineer (317th Eng Bn, Camp Eschborn, FRG) four times in a two month period for that exact reason. He must have liked it, he kept going back...

I'm suprised no one has mentioned it yet but don't you have to clear anything that is flying in the air with the FFA? Anybody a pilot here that can comment on the current laws?

About 2 weeks ago on the news I seen the Portland police testing a drone but they said it was experimental as they haven't gotten the go ahead from the FFA yet.

I think the rights activist are correct, I mean they have a good cause and should be allowed to trespass and break privacy laws because they mean well right? Just like when they spiked trees so loggers could lose and arm and leg and when they trespassed
and sat in trees. Since it is all for a good cause right ?

Violating humans rights for animals makes sense to me :huh::huh::huh:

MMmmmm Pigeon burgers sound good about now :)

Start a face cut in a tree and protestors come down quick. Enough things get shot down without reprocussions for the shooters and the bunny (or is that now pigeon) huggers will get the idea.

Few questions: Do you need a special stamp for them (migratory fowl?) and how do you clean them?

I'm sure I could find a recipe somewhere....

no stamp is needed and to clean them all you need is a couple screwdrivers and pliers. they don't taste so good but the body parts can be sold on cl

I wonder if that group should have permit to operate and aircraft in city limits.
Many ordinances forbid model planes in the city because of the danger at parks.

Maybe you should download this PDF from the government in regards to communities against terrorism. http://info.publicintelligence.net/FBI-SuspiciousActivity/Hobby_Shops.pdf It has a number and all you can call about suspicious activity especially regarding remote controlled aircraft. I mean if it is private property, maybe they are terrorists practicing before the big plan, you know what I mean.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top