JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wish they were a lot closer. I've never shot clays or birds or any game, but I would try my luck at the manual control pigeons they have around there.

RVtech really brought up some interesting points in post #20. I can see how drones could be used to locate elk or deer and relay the GPS location back to the operator. I can also imagine that a guy spending hours tracking game would be totally PO'd if some jackwagon with a drone spooked the game and blew his tracking effort.

I've read that some law enforcement agencies are investing in drones and it's not unlikely that there could be valid uses such as search and rescue. Will be interesting to see how the law unfolds on this one when it comes to someone shooting down and destroying a very expensive piece of equipment, especially with regard to who owns it or for what purpose it's being used.

With luck, PA will outlaw these shoots, like every other state. Hard to believe any self respecting sportsman would support them.

I don't have a problem if the shoots are about 5 miles away from a residential zone. My problem where I live is some guy rented his huge field out to a hunting guide, then the hunting guide put quail feeders all over it. Across the road from this field is the elementary school my kids go to, and a residential zone. The first weekend of the season you could hear the birdshot pinging off signs and houses. The rules state that you can't point your gun towards a residence, and I sit out there with a camera and proved they were and got it shut down after two weeks of the bs. These shoots were only supposed to be in the weekends but we had idiots going out over there during school hours and the police wouldn't enforce the written laws, so I had to get a game warden involved. He was hesitant too, but then I filmed one of the idiots shooting at an electric transfer facility and when I got the electric company involved ($$$) it got shut down pretty quick.

With luck, PA will outlaw these shoots, like every other state. Hard to believe any self respecting sportsman would support them.

sir-on-behalf-of-the-internets-i-must-regretfully-inform-you-to-gtfo-and-take-your-fail-with-you.jpg

I find nothing sporting about baiting an area to ensure they are there. It takes what little sport (tracking) there was out of it. Inside of city limits should be a big NO. You can go hang yourself if you disagree. When I saw and heard bird shot pelting off buildings and cars I had to tell my kids to not go outside to play (hey it could randomly hit them in the eye). The second amendment does not give you the right to piss all over everyone else's rights. They can go hunting all they want, as long as their bullets and pellets aren't littering the community, breaking glass, and chipping paint.

I find nothing sporting about baiting an area to ensure they are there. It takes what little sport (tracking) there was out of it. Inside of city limits should be a big NO. You can go hang yourself if you disagree. When I saw and heard bird shot pelting off buildings and cars I had to tell my kids to not go outside to play (hey it could randomly hit them in the eye). The second amendment does not give you the right to piss all over everyone else's rights. They can go hunting all they want, as long as their bullets and pellets aren't littering the community, breaking glass, and chipping paint.

I call BS on that. How can you physically see birdshot flying off cars and buildings? Did you physically inspect them all? First of all Ft Worth has a law against discharging (at random and not for self defense) firearms as with most any other city or developed area.

Well they were. Apparently there is a "special" season. However the proper safeguards were not being followed. Firstly it was supposed to be on the weekends only from sun up to sun down. There were only supposed to be X amount of people, and they weren't allowed to be facing any dwelling units while shooting. They violated the heck out of it.

Sec. 229.003. REGULATION OF DISCHARGE OF WEAPON BY CERTAIN MUNICIPALITIES. (a) This section applies only to a municipality located wholly or partly in a county:
(1) with a population of 450,000 or more;
(2) in which all or part of a municipality with a population of one million or more is located; and
(3) that is located adjacent to a county with a population of two million or more.
(b) Notwithstanding Section 229.002, a municipality may not apply a regulation relating to the discharge of firearms or other weapons in the extraterritorial jurisdiction of the municipality or in an area annexed by the municipality after September 1, 1981, if the firearm or other weapon is:
(1) a shotgun, air rifle or pistol, BB gun, or bow and arrow discharged:
(A) on a tract of land of 10 acres or more and:
(i) more than 1,000 feet from:
(a) the property line of a public tract of land, generally accessible by the public, that is routinely used for organized sporting or recreational activities or that has permanent recreational facilities or equipment; and
(b) the property line of a school, hospital, or commercial day-care facility;
(ii) more than 600 feet from:
(a) the property line of a residential subdivision; and
(b) the property line of a multifamily residential complex; and
(iii) more than 150 feet from a residence or occupied building located on another property; and
(B) in a manner not reasonably expected to cause a projectile to cross the boundary of the tract;
(2) a center fire or rim fire rifle or pistol of any caliber discharged:
(A) on a tract of land of 50 acres or more and:
(i) more than 1,000 feet from:
(a) the property line of a public tract of land, generally accessible by the public, that is routinely used for organized sporting or recreational activities or that has permanent recreational facilities or equipment; and
(b) the property line of a school, hospital, or commercial day-care facility;
(ii) more than 600 feet from:
(a) the property line of a residential subdivision; and
(b) the property line of a multifamily residential complex; and
(iii) more than 300 feet from a residence or occupied building located on another property; and
(B) in a manner not reasonably expected to cause a projectile to cross the boundary of the tract; or
(3) discharged at a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, in a manner not reasonably expected to cause a projectile to cross the boundary of a tract of land.
SECTION 2. This Act takes effect immediately if it receives a vote of two-thirds of all the members elected to each house, as provided by Section 39, Article III, Texas Constitution. If this Act does not receive the vote necessary for immediate effect, this Act takes effect September 1, 2009.

I call BS on that. How can you physically see birdshot flying off cars and buildings? Did you physically inspect them all? First of all Ft Worth has a law against discharging (at random and not for self defense) firearms as with most any other city or developed area.

When it hits a stop sign and goes to the ground or bounces off your car and you see it hit the driveway it is very easy to see. At first I though some kids were shooting bb guns, but then I heard the guns going off and realized it wasn't bb's from a bb gun, but some pellets from shot gun shells.

Once again, I am not against hunting, but this tract of land they were on was right across the road from a school, and they were clearly in violation of the 1000 ft rule for schools and the Ft. Worth Police Department refused to take action.

I don't know if I speak for any other members here, but suggesting someone "go hang" themselves for disagreeing with your opinion is not the kind of thing we need around here. Many families have been affected by suicide, and that's not an appropriate comment, period. If that's the attitude you have, please find a Texas forum to troll and leave us be.

I don't know if I speak for any other members here, but suggesting someone "go hang" themselves for disagreeing with your opinion is not the kind of thing we need around here. Many families have been affected by suicide, and that's not an appropriate comment, period. If that's the attitude you have, please find a Texas forum to troll and leave us be.

I certainly do find my previous comments may have been insensitive in the situation you discuss. I do sincerely apologize. I guess I have no right to challenge a call of BS on me. I just find you Northwestern people more fun. I am not "trolling" by the by. What your "friend with benefits" Flyingswords was doing to begin with is more of trolling and did not contribute one iota to the damned topic, just like your comment really didn't. I once again apologize for not choosing my words more carefully, but you need to find out what your definition of troll is.

In Internet slang, a troll (play /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

Suggesting someone go hang themselves seems like an inflammatory message in an online community with the intent of provoking the readers into an emotional response that would disrupt the on-topic discussion. Granted I got that definition off Wikipedia, which I doubt is the best source of term definition. Please be more careful in your choice of words, otherwise, the accusation of troll is quite appropriate.

Yeah I'm sure his story is more than a little exaggerated.

It wouldn't surprise me If this was agricultural land (a farm) and if they built up a residential area nearby then all of the urbanites that move to the country get uppity when they hear the hunters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm sure his story is more than a little exaggerated.

It wouldn't surprise me If this was agricultural land (a farm) and if they built up a residential area nearby then all of the urbanites that move to the country get uppity when they hear the hunters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Firstly, I used to live in the middle of no-where in a town with a population of less than 200. Gun fire doesn't bother me. What does bother me is that I have lived in my community for three years and this is the first time they have hunted near it, and within 1000 feet of a school (against the law). You see, when the laws on the books, no matter how stupid they are, are not being enforced, then you eventually have a collapse of the system. The problem here is that there is a bunch of "urbanites" that have no business firing a gun that some hunting guide service basically set up a "fish in a barrel" scenario for.

In Internet slang, a troll (play /&#712;tro&#650;l/, /&#712;tr&#594;l/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."<br><br>Suggesting someone go hang themselves seems like an inflammatory message in an online community with the intent of provoking the readers into an emotional response that would disrupt the on-topic discussion. Granted I got that definition off Wikipedia, which I doubt is the best source of term definition. Please be more careful in your choice of words, otherwise, the accusation of troll is quite appropriate.
I think I might be wasting my time here MountainBear, but could you tell me how FlyingSwords comments to begin with were "on topic". I guess I need to apologize again for not reading the "Please do not feed the Trolls" sign. You forget this thing called chronological order. FlyingSwords was off topic first.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top