JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
White sunglasses backwards hat Travis Pastrana wannabes is what that is.
Soon many people don't know how to drive FWD with loss of traction, as it's non-intuitive. Looks like that sucker did the same.
Utah used to stop salting at Brigham City to the North. Getting up tp Twin Falls in on off blizzard conditions!
Yeah, been in a few from SLC to Pokey. Not fun, though not terrifying like the Three Sisters can be on the 80 in WY.

Try Colorado!
We live up near Divide, (that's 8600 feet up) but the Ranch is at 9400, snow is always gonna come, usually in feet, sometimes, all at once! We're all pretty self sufficient up there, everyone knows what to do, so it's never an issue! The main roads get plowed folks put chains on, and we all go about our lives like it's a normal 8 months out of the year deal, including the 300 days of sun shine we also get! It's when the flat landers come up the passes that we have troubles, even from Colorado Springs ( it snows a lot there too) or Denver, they all wanna go skiing over on the west side, Breckenridge, Vale, or Steam Boat, or ultra high end, Aspen, but they all come up the pass and through Divide and make a mess of it! I was just down there before Christmas dealing with sever wind damage ( winds got up over 100 MPH at our ranch) and we already had several inches of snowfall, made the highways kinda dicey, but there were no flatlanders, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been!
That snow you're talking about is real cold. Big difference driving in that compared to the Willamette Valley stuff we get here. Take an ice cube out of the freezer and put your wet finger on it. VS An ice cube that's started to melt/wet surface.
I got my first car at 18, 1973 from some dear family friends. I had to buy it. $400.00 for a cherry 1963 Rambler Ambassador, V-8 motor with POSI and 69,000 on the odometer. Me and three buddies would stack our innertubes to the top, chain it up and go up into the canyon to go tubing. Pushing foot+ deep powdery snow with the front bumper.

That snow you're talking about is real cold. Big difference driving in that compared to the Willamette Valley stuff we get here. Take an ice cube out of the freezer and put your wet finger on it. VS An ice cube that's started to melt/wet surface.
I got my first car at 18, 1973 from some dear family friends. I had to buy it. $400.00 for a cherry 1963 Rambler Ambassador, V-8 motor with POSI and 69,000 on the odometer. Me and three buddies would stack our innertubes to the top, chain it up and go up into the canyon to go tubing. Pushing foot+ deep powdery snow with the front bumper.
exactly and oh wait there is more! it rained before it snowed so we have a sheet of ice under 3in of snow lol.

Same thing here. My neighbors shoveled a little this afternoon, got down to the ice and couldn't make much headway against it. There's a bunch of sand there now. :)
Yep and the whole east coast laughs when we get 1in of freezing rain. Yes most people drive like bubblegum In it as most are not used to it but honestly when is the last time you seen a 200 vehicle pile up in oregon do to snow.

All comments aside, I may have a "small one" but in all true honesty, it has nothing to do with what I drive!!! Ok, back on topic, LOL.

Know_Your_Limitations.png
And, the limitations of his equipment vehicle.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I must disagree with the original post's premise….
…. People CAN drive in the snow, but many seem mentally incapable of doing it successfully.

Those people don't "lose" control of their vehicle ….
…. They "abdicate" it!
:s0092:

One can also observe their idiocy in heavy fog, torrential rain, congested roads, etc…

Last Edited:
Watching people and their actions can tell the big picture. Upon watching you can tell most people have no clue how to drive in winter conditions.
It amazes me their stupidity really shines upon them.

Are you talking pre 70s? I had a 73 power wagon with a 440 it was a pretty sweet truck but not anything like the earlier generations.
I have two, a 1942 Half Cab, and a Restomod 46, both are as hard core and tough as they come! The 42 is cooler to drive and a lot more handy as a working truck, and it's rare only 880 were ever built!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top