JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We were out having a good time around Silver Creek Falls playing in the snow until we came upon an idiot that couldn't make an icy turn in an AWD Subaru so we had nowhere to go but the ditch. Why do these people even drive when there's snow??

20211226_131646.jpg 20211226_131624.jpg 20211226_131419.jpg

Every time it snows here I dread going out. Not because of me, it's all the other idiots. I had to swerve out of my lane (twice to go around some Subaru that pulled out in front of me and once to miss a jeep that lost it coming up slight grade) 3 times today on a 20min trip. People want to get there coffee or just be morons. Spent 22yrs in the snow belt of northern Wisconsin and I believe anyone who wants to go out in the snow should spend a winter there!

What do you expect? It rains here all the time and people don't know how to drive in the rain. So when it snows, fahgettaboudit.

I had to swerve out of my lane (twice to go around some Subaru that pulled out in front of me and once to miss a jeep that lost it coming up slight grade) 3 times today on a 20min trip.

Dante hates people in Subarus with a false sense of going anywhere they want.
It's all those PBS viewers who fall for those Subaru commercials. They think they're so much smarter than everyone else. :rolleyes:

I've not yet had the misfortune of meeting idiots on the roads today... so far. Then again, my parents live like 6 blocks away :rolleyes: did have to go to Dallas today, but stuck to Hwy 99W and Ellendale Road and Rickreall road, not a problem for the most part.. the problems are the side roads and the parking lots. We'll see about tomorrow.

But it's a Subby... that means go anywhere... without any training, right?
Reminded me when I was a kid. Worked for an old lady who should not have been driving any more but still did. She would fill her car with her friends who no longer drove and they were a wreck going somewhere to happen. I was with her one day when she drove through a red. Guy in a truck did an amazing job of missing her. when everyone got stopped he ran over, saw how old she was and just asked if she was OK. Another driver comes over congratulating the driver of the truck on his skill of missing her and everyone else. She on the way home was saying she was a safe driver because she had never been in an accident. She just caused them everywhere she went :s0140:

So...... Subaru driver is still on the road and you are not......?? Yeah somebody should teach that suby driver.
He's on the road but in my lane. I would have been able to make the corner no problem but slid into the ditch because I had to stop for him. I was able to drive out of the ditch on my own so yes He needs to learn how to drive! You're a genius.

We were out having a good time around Silver Creek Falls playing in the snow until we came upon an idiot that couldn't make an icy turn in an AWD Subaru so we had nowhere to go but the ditch. Why do these people even drive when there's snow??

View attachment 1095584 View attachment 1095585 View attachment 1095586
Better get used to it because of all of these locusts who have moved to these areas and have never driven in the snow. We are in Eastern Washington and the number of slide offs and people getting stuck this last week with plates from californistan was unbelievable. We only got an accumulation of between 3-4 inches. I hope it makes them move back there. They are already trying to change things over here, and not for the better.

Every time it snows here I dread going out. Not because of me, it's all the other idiots. I had to swerve out of my lane (twice to go around some Subaru that pulled out in front of me and once to miss a jeep that lost it coming up slight grade) 3 times today on a 20min trip. People want to get there coffee or just be morons. Spent 22yrs in the snow belt of northern Wisconsin and I believe anyone who wants to go out in the snow should spend a winter there!
Or just not move here in the first place.

Tool 4 1/2 hours total round trip to go from Salem to the PDX airport and back! I-5 was a skating rink the whole way not plowed, sanded or treated in any way! Counted at least 20 big 4X4 trucks WAY off the road buried up to their axles, they were weaving in and out of traffic doing at least 65 while the rest of us were going 45! It never ceases to amaze me, the tiny pecker crowd of truck owners who think they got four wheel drive, so they can defy physics, yea, that 7000 pound Cummins diesel sure carries a lot of momentum after you lock up the ABS brakes trying to pass the "Idiot" going a safe speed!
I drove the SRT-8 Durango, 550 HP Hemi and AWD, didn't slip once! No fancy schmancy snow tires, chains, or studs, just thousands of miles experience driving in the slick and nasty, and never once balled one up or ever went off the road!

my 7000 lb Dodge diesel 4x4 is an absolute pig in the slick stuff, I know it and it stays in the shop during these times. we drive the Yukon with the fresh studs when we need to go out, and that isn't often. I can't count the number of times I have gotten the horn blast and the finger from little peckered a-holes in big 4x4's as they go around me only to come on them a short way up the road in the ditch or worse, they always get the horn blast and finger as I go by.

snowman.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top