JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've hade a few Pelican rifle cases over the years and never liked the foam. To fit a gun in it you have to cut the foam, but then it really only works with that gun. If you take out the middle layer, the gun is loose. Where can I get the egg carton type foam, in black or gray? I think if I replace the top and center foam with some soft egg carton type, it will hold just about any rifle pretty well. The only big pieces of foam I have found are at craft/fabric stores and are white or blue.

Normal open cell foam (solid not pic n pluc) will usually compress into the case and around the gun enough to get the lid closed and secure the weapon. You may have to muscle the lid closed however. So standard open cell foam for the body of the case and the egg crate version for the lid. This is usually the generic foam set the comes with Pelican cases and then you can upgrade to pic n pluc or closed cell foam if you wish. Not everyone sells all three versions though.

And yes, that's the problem with cutting the foam...it's only good for the original gun it was cut for. I've actually bought a couple sets of foam for the same case. A set of closed cell foam for a particular weapon and then a set of solid open cell foam so the case can also be used for general transport. Pelicans are kinda expensive to have allocated to just a single weapon.

Both of these places sell a variety of different kind of foam sets. The both used to have all three types but it's been awhile since I've bought anything from them. Remember that you don't want to store guns in open cell foam for any length of time. Open cell foam can retain moisture which leads to rust. If you gotta store the gun in the case I will usually take all the foam out and set it on top and then store the gun in a BoreStore or similar.

Gun cases for safety, shipping & carrying, hard gun cases: GunCruzer

Gun Cases for Pistols, Shotguns & Rifles | Case Club

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews