Southwest Firearms Forum
Low Price Guns
Sporting Systems
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Gun Deals
Defensive Arts
J&B Firearm Sales
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Replacement foam for rifle cases???

shibbershabber

Reactions
Ive got a couple of Plano All-Weather cases and need to get some new foam in there.

Ive seen only a couple online... but listed just a basic solid foam, no removable pcs like what it comes with, but wanted $36+tax for it.

Anyone know of a better replacement option?

I dont care if its cut or not, solid is fine...

Any local options for it? Even a 4' slab of it would do and I could cut it to fit...

Just cant bring myself to pay half the cost of a new case for a piece of foam:(

Reactions
Just an idea. I'm a huge fan of soft cases inside my hard cases. Much more versatile. YMMV.
Another vote for soft cases. I have a couple of Pelican 1740 cases (Interior: 41" × 12.9" × 12.1") that I use with soft cases. Biggest issue I have with them is needing help lifting them into the truck when I overload them. :oops:

Camelfilter

Reactions
  • Law Around Here
  • Three Bags of Trash
  • Woke Up Like This
Cabelas used to sell just the foam for some cases, and I “think” it was precut squares to be able to pic.

Dunno if they still do or not...

Reactions
Much cheaper than online. Cost me about 60-80 bucks to line a guitar case for my rifle. But it was high quality closed foam.

kmk1012

Reactions
  • Autobiographer
  • Woke Up Like This
I bought a three pack on amazon for my daughter’s pelican 1720 for dirt cheap. Traced gun on foam with sharpie and cut with electric knife. Turned out very professional. I’ve still got two extra pieces if you are ever in the Salem area and need one.

Reactions
HHBauer in Vancouver WA are the best around. Custom replacement foam and can do water jet cut out of your guns in any foam. Ask for BOB he's the man!

800-301-2212 PH

360-253-1505 FAX

Reactions
I found my replacement foam at Fred Meyer. 4” thick and enough for two of my cases. The only thing I didn’t care for was the foam is purple. The cost was
$24.00 for a large piece.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Pistol April 4th
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Rifle April 5th
Cerberus Training Group
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - April 25-26th
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    This is the closest gun close to my house and they have always been super nice. I have bought two guns off them and sold one of mine to them.
    • storminnorm44
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Went in to pick up some parts for an AR style 10/22 and to start my journey into building an AR by picking up a lower. Staff was super helpful and...
    • Hueco
  • Tri-County Gun Club
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been a member for 6 years, been shooting there (as a guest) for three years before that. I found the Ladies League and was hooked. It's the...
    • PacwestDefense
  • Barkley's Buy-Sell-Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    I have been patronizing this pawn shop for a few years now. Very happy with the deals I find, both firearm and other. Prices for transfers are...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Sharp Shooting Indoor Range & Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    So far I have bought 2 new Sig p938 pistols and a marlin golden 39A from sharp shooting.the staff is very helpfull, nice shooting range,lots of...
    • Xrperry

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online