JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for a Pelican type rifle case that will hold three scoped AR 15 uppers and a lower. looking for a case to look at.
Thanks
For any help
Skidder

I picked up a Pelican 1750 case (maybe a 1720) and I'd bet it's big enough. They are crazy expensive but I watched Craigslist for a while and got an almost new one for $100. They are extremely well built (and heavy). I also looked at an off brand that cabelas carries and almost went that route.

A 1720 or equivalent (Boyt Tactical, etc.) will fit all that plus a few boxes of ammo.
The 1750 is heavy and unruly, but what you need for a 52" Rifle.
Flying with the 1750 was a PITA, especially keeping under 50 lbs. Sold mine.

A 1720 or equivalent (Boyt Tactical, etc.) will fit all that plus a few boxes of ammo.
The 1750 is heavy and unruly, but what you need for a 52" Rifle.
Flying with the 1750 was a PITA, especially keeping under 50 lbs. Sold mine.

I'm not sure a 42" case (1720) will fit a scope AR plus two additional scoped uppers without stacking them. I'm certain a 1750 would do it though.

OP, lay out your hardware on the corner of a table how you would pack it , if you can keep it all well within 13.5" x 42" then I stand corrected and a 1720 will work.

I'm not sure a 42" case (1720) will fit a scope AR plus two additional scoped uppers without stacking them. I'm certain a 1750 would do it though.

OP, lay out your hardware on the corner of a table how you would pack it , if you can keep it all well within 13.5" x 42" then I stand corrected and a 1720 will work.
So, I was all confused. The one that was too big/heavy was the 1770.

The 1720 is too small to carry 3AR uppers and a lower. It's really a single scoped rifle case, can be used creatively as a scoped rifle + non-scoped rifle. The 1750 is the one I described above.
I found out because I loaded up a bunch of firearms on Saturday and pulled out the 1750.

Look at Sea Horse cases on Amazon. Beat the hell out of mine and it's still water proof. Just last week I crammed a 11.5 and 10.5 AR pistol, the later folded with a LAW folder, a 16" A2 stocked carbine, 18" 500 and a 18" mk3 Enfield in it. Granted they were all rubbin' but it works.

You can find used ones on line for cheap.
But you will have to replace the foam inside.
For what you want.
The foam alone can be exspesive lol.
I got a few Pistol boxes at the high school here when they had a yard sale .
Lol ten bucks each I bought all three they had.
There is two in this picture.
You just have to really shop around . 2769.jpeg

RTIC Product Comment: last fall I caught the sale on 43" cases, very similar to Pelican, which I regard as the 'retail market standard' currently.

I'm very pleased with their quality/build/real value which at that time was on sale for something under $100.

I compared directly with my buddy's actual Pelican rifle cases that cost him nearly 3x as much. There were a few small differences; his foam was denser & marginally 'better quality'. A little different yet similar enough to label 'near clone'.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top