Pelican Type Rifle case advice

kmk1012

Reactions
I picked up a Pelican 1750 case (maybe a 1720) and I’d bet it’s big enough. They are crazy expensive but I watched Craigslist for a while and got an almost new one for $100. They are extremely well built (and heavy). I also looked at an off brand that cabelas carries and almost went that route.

titsonritz

Reactions
A 1720 or equivalent (Boyt Tactical, etc.) will fit all that plus a few boxes of ammo.
The 1750 is heavy and unruly, but what you need for a 52" Rifle.
Flying with the 1750 was a PITA, especially keeping under 50 lbs. Sold mine.
I'm not sure a 42" case (1720) will fit a scope AR plus two additional scoped uppers without stacking them. I'm certain a 1750 would do it though.

OP, lay out your hardware on the corner of a table how you would pack it , if you can keep it all well within 13.5" x 42" then I stand corrected and a 1720 will work.

Reactions
I'm not sure a 42" case (1720) will fit a scope AR plus two additional scoped uppers without stacking them. I'm certain a 1750 would do it though.

OP, lay out your hardware on the corner of a table how you would pack it , if you can keep it all well within 13.5" x 42" then I stand corrected and a 1720 will work.
So, I was all confused. The one that was too big/heavy was the 1770.

The 1720 is too small to carry 3AR uppers and a lower. It's really a single scoped rifle case, can be used creatively as a scoped rifle + non-scoped rifle. The 1750 is the one I described above.
I found out because I loaded up a bunch of firearms on Saturday and pulled out the 1750.

BrandonQuixote

Reactions
Look at Sea Horse cases on Amazon. Beat the hell out of mine and it's still water proof. Just last week I crammed a 11.5 and 10.5 AR pistol, the later folded with a LAW folder, a 16" A2 stocked carbine, 18" 500 and a 18" mk3 Enfield in it. Granted they were all rubbin' but it works.

EPS

Reactions
You can find used ones on line for cheap.
But you will have to replace the foam inside.
For what you want.
The foam alone can be exspesive lol.
I got a few Pistol boxes at the high school here when they had a yard sale .
Lol ten bucks each I bought all three they had.
There is two in this picture.
You just have to really shop around . 2769.jpeg

RTIC Product Comment: last fall I caught the sale on 43" cases, very similar to Pelican, which I regard as the 'retail market standard' currently.

I'm very pleased with their quality/build/real value which at that time was on sale for something under $100.

I compared directly with my buddy's actual Pelican rifle cases that cost him nearly 3x as much. There were a few small differences; his foam was denser & marginally 'better quality'. A little different yet similar enough to label 'near clone'.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Lead Farm Precision Rifle Match
The Lead Farm
34006 Gwinn Rd, Prosser, WA 99350, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom