JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
And tells the ANTI's absolutely NOTHING. You conceal and still patronize the store y ou are just bending over and letting have a clean shot at your behind.

It is that attitude that has us where we are now. Average store keep only listens to the anti's because they are all that stands up to be counted.

Next step: Post them as UNFRIENDLY in Friend or foe link: Friend or Foe - Pro and Anti Gun Business Database

Yes. Also make some no guns, no money cards. This one specifically says you have a license/permit to conceal. <broken link removed>

Yes. Also make some no guns, no money cards. This one specifically says you have a license/permit to conceal. <broken link removed>

I would never stand on my CPL or CHL. I told BigR stores Bye because they will allow the 450K CPL holders here in WA to enter their stores (which have gun sections) but not unlicensed OC, Nope, that is Anti, and until they change their policy I will not go back.

BigR in WA is owned by CSWWinc in Montana (of all places). Curt "W" yes one of the "W"s in the company name...told me it was a "business decision" I told him, I do not care, my "business decision" was not to patronize his business until the policy changed. (And I have spent $$$$$ in his store, and told him so.)

There are far more people that do not have a CPL but own a gun anyway, then those that do. OC is the way you tell the supporters you appreciate their business policy,.Criminal Carry (or if you would like to call it concealed carry you can..While not everyone that conceals is a criminal, every criminal conceals.

I would never stand on my CPL or CHL. I told BigR stores Bye because they will allow the 450K CPL holders here in WA to enter their stores (which have gun sections) but not unlicensed OC, Nope, that is Anti, and until they change their policy I will not go back.

BigR in WA is owned by CSWWinc in Montana (of all places). Curt "W" yes one of the "W"s in the company name...told me it was a "business decision" I told him, I do not care, my "business decision" was not to patronize his business until the policy changed. (And I have spent $$$$$ in his store, and told him so.)

There are far more people that do not have a CPL but own a gun anyway, then those that do. OC is the way you tell the supporters you appreciate their business policy,.Criminal Carry (or if you would like to call it concealed carry you can..While not everyone that conceals is a criminal, every criminal conceals.

Most of what I found was specifically for another state like Kansas and Missouri. Thought I'd mention the conceal license part though. Easy enough to print one side or edit it.

Not personally, not yet, I saw this sign at 5:10 pm today and it won't do any good to tell the person working the counter. The proper way to handle this is to send an e-mail (see above) and if I am not contacted by owner(s) within two days, a follow up letter on letterhead to the owners.

A phone call could work just as well, as long as you get to the right person and can keep your cool. Writing is just my preference.

It does not help the cause to be rude or belligerent, it only reinforces the prejudiced stereotype of the angry gun toting redneck.

You should do what Tom Gresham at GunTalk does: fax/email them copies of purchases from their competition and tell them you really wanted to do business with them but can't because of their policy of discriminating against gun owners. Tell them you are encouraging all your buddies to do likewise and that you'll return when the sign comes down.

Showing them how much they are losing is the way to kick them in the balls and make them do the right thing.

Last Edited:
if a bunch of people started into the store oc'ing and were asked to leave (which you should do without question) they would really SEE the business they are pushing out the door.

I have an ex-employee that works at the Portland store. He is very pro 2A. I bet he would never say a thing to anyone.

You would think a hardware store of all places wouldn't post a sign like that - just stupid. I'll tell my ex-employee about this thread and maybe he'll show it to management and let them know they are losing business over it.

Keep the google reviews coming.

For comparison, Home Depot Corporate Policy allows open carry by customers. Some Beaverton stores have asked open carry folks to leave - this is not corporate policy (as of 1/2013), and is likely a misunderstanding by local managers.

"The Home Depot does not prohibit anyone who is legally permitted to carry firearms from entering our stores, provided the firearms are carried in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations."

Hey Dan: Glad you reached out. Thanks for checking. Our policy is that customers who are legally permitted to carry firearms are allowed to do so when entering our stores, provided the firearms are carried in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. That's been our policy for several years. It appeared that there may have been some misunderstanding on the policy, which led to a Facebook post by the customer. However, we clarified the policy with the customer after he posted, and we've also clarified it with the store.

Stephen Holmes
Senior Manager
Corporate Communications
The Home Depot
O: 770-384-5075

I never understand why you guys get your panties in a bundle over a business running THEIR business how they want! Who cares it is a private business and they have the RIGHT to do what they want. You don't want your rights infringed don't infringe on theirs! You don't like it DON'T go there.

I kinda' agree with Nick above. It's a private business and they would prefer not to have weapons on the premises. Have any of you considered that their insurance policy might possibly prohibit weapons?

I don't see getting all worked up about it or writing a crappy review. Keep in concealed or go somewhere else to shop. Not really that big of a deal.

I'll tell you both why I disagree with you.
If something were to come up & I needed my gun to ensure my life continues
The owner, by posting this sign has now guaranteed my safety in his store, at all
times & under any condition. But I don't believe The owner has the actual ability to safeguard
my life and my wallet under threat of robbery from someone who disregarded the fancy sign.
The owner has just turned my country into a dictatorship with me now not having the rights that The Bill of Rights promised me. That is a problem for me and many others.

So pro-firearms people should just be quiet and slip away quietly into the night when a business turns against them? Good way to keep losing ground. Respect the business owner's decision - absolutely - but letting them know why you will no longer do business with them seems like an appropriate thing to do, along with spreading the word that 'x' business is anti 2nd Amendment. I appreciate learning who is pro, and who is anti, in this area since it really does affect where I spend my cash.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads