Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Parkrose Hardware just lost my business

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Liberty97045, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Liberty97045

Liberty97045 Oregon City Well-Known Member

After being a commercial industrial customer of this company for nearly 20 years, Parkrose Hardware just blew it with this. AAF1641E-3DA7-4F58-B633-1DE30460FDF6-628-0000003950070078_zpsac12b48f.jpg

2. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

I am sure that will deter all armed robbers.

Brutus out

bcdon, Riot, Father of four and 16 others like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

And they sell box cutters, hammers and screwdrivers. Probably a nail gun in there somewhere!........ :rolleyes:

4. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

They have a presence on Yahoo! and you can write a review there about how they discriminate

5. ThePhonMan

ThePhonMan Spokanistan Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Good for you I say and standing up for what you believe in. (boy that sounds condescending but it really isn’t meant to be, honest)

What about a follow up letter to the company explaining why they lost your business to show them that there are real consequences for posting a stupid policy like this?

I’m a firm believer in voting with my feet but with this kind of crap I try to beat my point into their heads to make sure they miss me.

Just a thought.

Brian

6. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Undoubtedly all the legal concealed carry folks who have gone into that store over the years and started old-west style shootouts in the fastener isle was the reason for the sign. Either that or the lawyers and insurance companies threatened them if they didn't post the sign. I've heard a number of business that have been 'threatened' by their insurance companies that they must post these signs. I would make sure to point out to the owner that they are losing your business. Make sure he knows there are consequences to posting a sign like this.

7. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Hmm.
    One of my grandsons (actually a step grandson) works there. I'll have to ask him about it.

8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Sent them an email. Maybe if they get several thousand emails they will reconsider their policy? :rolleyes:

9. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

All I can say is that concealed means concealed

10. Liberty97045

Yes, I intend to write a letter to the owner in the morning. It will be civil, but direct.

11. Papercidal

Papercidal Vancouver ,Wa Active Member

That is sad because I have always liked parkrose. Concealed means Concealed or not I will not support a businesses that has no respect for the most basic of civil rights.

12. Liberty97045

And here is the e-mail I sent:

When I entered your Parkrose store I was greeted by a sign that read "No firearms or weapons allowed in this building".

Do you believe that this sign will make anyone safer?

Do you believe that a criminal intent on robbery or violence will turn around when he sees the sign?

The only people who are likely to be affected by the sign are law abiding concealed carry permit holders.

All you have achieved is to alienate a customer.

After nearly 20 years of doing business with you as a commercial / industrial account, it is time for us to part ways.

Bacchus, xtratoy, Flopsweat and 47 others like this.
  13. Liberty97045

I encourage everyone to do just that!

rocky3 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

I emailed and politely told them their sign has ZERO effect on anyone who might carry/use a gun illegally in their store. But as a CHL holder, the sign completely alienates me (and my money). I urged them to reconsider and take it down, or post something more like you see at Fisherman's (basically, if you carry concealed keep it that way).

15. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

You did personally TELL THEM why they are loosing your business..No? That is the only way they can get the message, their decision to sell out to bloomers and co will cost them business.

16. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

In the past, I was encouraged to bring in the firearm that I was working on.
    I don't know how many times I carried in a rifle barrel or pistol frame, so that I could fish through the Brownell's gun screw kits that they keep behind the counter.
    I know that the Sandy Blvd store went through an extensive face lift recently. Maybe being yuppified ruined it for good.

17. hermannr

And tells the ANTI's absolutely NOTHING. You conceal and still patronize the store y ou are just bending over and letting have a clean shot at your behind.

It is that attitude that has us where we are now. Average store keep only listens to the anti's because they are all that stands up to be counted.

Next step: Post them as UNFRIENDLY in Friend or foe link: Friend or Foe - Pro and Anti Gun Business Database

18. Liberty97045

I didn't find your comment condescending at all

19. hermannr

oh yes: Make sure they know how much you have spent at their establishment over those last 20 years. $$$$$$$ get attention.

20. Liberty97045

Not personally, not yet, I saw this sign at 5:10 pm today and it won't do any good to tell the person working the counter. The proper way to handle this is to send an e-mail (see above) and if I am not contacted by owner(s) within two days, a follow up letter on letterhead to the owners.

A phone call could work just as well, as long as you get to the right person and can keep your cool. Writing is just my preference.

It does not help the cause to be rude or belligerent, it only reinforces the prejudiced stereotype of the angry gun toting redneck.

rocky3, 2ndtimer, Dan1477 and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.