JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Good for you I say and standing up for what you believe in. (boy that sounds condescending but it really isn't meant to be, honest)

What about a follow up letter to the company explaining why they lost your business to show them that there are real consequences for posting a stupid policy like this?

I'm a firm believer in voting with my feet but with this kind of crap I try to beat my point into their heads to make sure they miss me.

Just a thought.

Brian

Undoubtedly all the legal concealed carry folks who have gone into that store over the years and started old-west style shootouts in the fastener isle was the reason for the sign. Either that or the lawyers and insurance companies threatened them if they didn't post the sign. I've heard a number of business that have been 'threatened' by their insurance companies that they must post these signs. I would make sure to point out to the owner that they are losing your business. Make sure he knows there are consequences to posting a sign like this.

That is sad because I have always liked parkrose. Concealed means Concealed or not I will not support a businesses that has no respect for the most basic of civil rights.

And here is the e-mail I sent:

When I entered your Parkrose store I was greeted by a sign that read "No firearms or weapons allowed in this building".

Do you believe that this sign will make anyone safer?

Do you believe that a criminal intent on robbery or violence will turn around when he sees the sign?

The only people who are likely to be affected by the sign are law abiding concealed carry permit holders.

All you have achieved is to alienate a customer.

After nearly 20 years of doing business with you as a commercial / industrial account, it is time for us to part ways.

I emailed and politely told them their sign has ZERO effect on anyone who might carry/use a gun illegally in their store. But as a CHL holder, the sign completely alienates me (and my money). I urged them to reconsider and take it down, or post something more like you see at Fisherman's (basically, if you carry concealed keep it that way).

In the past, I was encouraged to bring in the firearm that I was working on.
I don't know how many times I carried in a rifle barrel or pistol frame, so that I could fish through the Brownell's gun screw kits that they keep behind the counter.
I know that the Sandy Blvd store went through an extensive face lift recently. Maybe being yuppified ruined it for good.

All I can say is that concealed means concealed

And tells the ANTI's absolutely NOTHING. You conceal and still patronize the store y ou are just bending over and letting have a clean shot at your behind.

It is that attitude that has us where we are now. Average store keep only listens to the anti's because they are all that stands up to be counted.

Next step: Post them as UNFRIENDLY in Friend or foe link: Friend or Foe - Pro and Anti Gun Business Database

Good for you I say and standing up for what you believe in. (boy that sounds condescending but it really isn't meant to be, honest)

What about a follow up letter to the company explaining why they lost your business to show them that there are real consequences for posting a stupid policy like this?

I'm a firm believer in voting with my feet but with this kind of crap I try to beat my point into their heads to make sure they miss me.

Just a thought.

Brian

I didn't find your comment condescending at all

You did personally TELL THEM why they are loosing your business..No? That is the only way they can get the message, their decision to sell out to bloomers and co will cost them business.

Not personally, not yet, I saw this sign at 5:10 pm today and it won't do any good to tell the person working the counter. The proper way to handle this is to send an e-mail (see above) and if I am not contacted by owner(s) within two days, a follow up letter on letterhead to the owners.

A phone call could work just as well, as long as you get to the right person and can keep your cool. Writing is just my preference.

It does not help the cause to be rude or belligerent, it only reinforces the prejudiced stereotype of the angry gun toting redneck.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads