JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I never understand why you guys get your panties in a bundle over a business running THEIR business how they want! Who cares it is a private business and they have the RIGHT to do what they want. You don't want your rights infringed don't infringe on theirs! You don't like it DON'T go there.

I kinda' agree with Nick above. It's a private business and they would prefer not to have weapons on the premises. Have any of you considered that their insurance policy might possibly prohibit weapons?

I don't see getting all worked up about it or writing a crappy review. Keep in concealed or go somewhere else to shop. Not really that big of a deal.

I am all for people running their business anyway they choose just as I am all for people going bankrupt for posting signs like that.

Not in the city it ain't. Lawful, yes. Acceptable, not really.

BTW: And just who told you open carry or even just any carry, was "not really acceptable" The Bradys? Cease fire maybe... Oh ye, The Oregonian! That bastion of freedom, honesty and civil rights.. Puke. The Oregonian was liberal fire starter back when I peddled the Oregon Journal back in the 50's. Since 1970 I have been asked to leave 3 establishments..yep, 3 in 43 years...and unless the weather demands a coat, I ALWAYS OC.

The problem here is that so many of our cohorts live and grew up in places where in a lot of cases, liberal men and women coddling their children would react with shock in just seeing a gun. Now those people are grown up and that brainwashing has led them to believe that "a little" infringement is OK, y'know, to keep the children safe. That is where the Left's movement of control works. Get them young(like, still developing brain stem young). Never mention being left to die for simply denying yourself a God-given right. Even worse, never mention forcing others to be left to die, because YOU don't like guns. Pretend that The Constitution is meant for the masses, when it is written to be meant for the individual. Then, pretend that The Constitution is outdated and irrelevant(except for the part you make up about The Constitution being there to protect abortion, foodstamps and everyone non-white. 'Cuz that's why it was written, yeah?) Meanwhile, support a terrorist organization that is fighting a tyrannical government under the guise of "fighting a tyrannical government"(irony?), never mentioning the terrorists occupying the other side unless forced to by your critics. Thro in a few BS lines about Lincoln being a "Progressive Liberal"(try not to laugh while delivering the line. It shouldn't be too hard. You already convinced them that it wasn't Democrats that stopped kids from going to school and hanged them from a tree). Pretend that a war with Iraq, citing 500,000 dead Kurds(GASSED, in case you hadn't heard. Hard to do that without the WMD's that the inept UN allowed to be funneled into Syria for two years while running UN inspector's around.) and an insatiable urge for his neighbor's blood, is "illegal" though it has the approval of Congress AND The Senate, while pushing The King's ability to avenge the death of a 1,500 people because of "WMD's" that were used by the terrorists we are helping.

Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, tell your critics that all the spying, attempted disarmament, removal of rights, using the IRS as a weapon, murdering Border Patrol Agent's and everything else COULD NEVER POSSIBLY HAPPEN. Then, when it ALL happens, tell them it's no big deal(even though a couple years ago it was absurd to even suggest. But hey, meet The New Boss!).

Somehow this is all made possible by simply saying to the sheep that bit the bait, "You are so much smarter than your conservative counterparts", "Your compassion for people is amazing". Waiting to be killed by street thugs isn't "compassionate", it's "complacent" and "retarded". When it all falls down because King O finally threw our last chance don the toilet simply to distract from all the atrocities HE has committed, remember who got him there. Remember who apologized for him. Remember who LIED for him. It was your neighbor's. When it is time and I'm afraid the time is near, examples need to be made so that this may not happen again. The modern day Benedict Arnold's will not win, nor will they shout "We won! We won!" when the few Patriots reclaim the hull of tis burnt out ship.

The Left tries to say we are the aggressor's. Leave my inalienable rights alone. When someone makes aggressive moves at the thing that guarantees you shelter, food and security, remember that is the reason those provisions to keep arms are in place. Remember who supported this. If The S ever did H The F, I hope to knock over a voting outpost. Knowing exactly who forced us to chains and cannibalism will be very important if we are to have another 150 years of decency before complacency tries to wipe us out again.

If you think what I typed is crazy, turn on Chris Matthews and wait for him to tell you how smart you are for supporting Herr Fuhrer. This is how we get to a place where an American business thinks that this is right, first of all, secondly that it is legal.

I recently went to a sporting store that sells lots of firearms and reloading supplies, and noticed after I left that there was a sign on the front that says no loaded firearms allowed. Which confused me. Blackbird in Medford.

I just skimmed, but I don't think I saw any mention of the Ace Hardware chain.... I think I've seen one of these placards on every single Ace Hardware store I've ever gone into. Seems to be a franchise thing, not an individual owner thing. But I have no first hand knowledge.

---

I think it's retarded, but since Ace is the only hardware store for about 50 miles in every direction out here, if I need a cotter pin or a saw blade or a key made, I'm going to Ace. I've walked right past that sign with enough firepower to take the building down plenty of times. The sentiments of the Board do not necessarily represent the personal feelings of the people trying to earn a living.

I just skimmed, but I don't think I saw any mention of the Ace Hardware chain.... I think I've seen one of these placards on every single Ace Hardware store I've ever gone into. Seems to be a franchise thing, not an individual owner thing. But I have no first hand knowledge.

---

I think it's retarded, but since Ace is the only hardware store for about 50 miles in every direction out here, if I need a cotter pin or a saw blade or a key made, I'm going to Ace. I've walked right past that sign with enough firepower to take the building down plenty of times. The sentiments of the Board do not necessarily represent the personal feelings of the people trying to earn a living.

We have an ACE hardware here in Tonasket, never noticed a sign, never been challenged. But then I don't look for signs, they are meaningless in WA.

I wonder when/if anyone will file a federal civil rights suit against companies doing this. They are denying people the right to shop there for exercising their constitutional rights. It could be seen the same way as saying they deny entry to various religious groups, or anyone who speaks against democrats, republicans, whites, blacks, the disabled, or any religious group.

This could get interesting. Post that no Christians, or Muslims are allowed in the store, because we know anything religious is bound to cause problems..(sarcasm). Then wait and see how long until someone files a civil suit over that.

Denying someone entry because of their chosen religion, or because of which constitutional right they choose to exercise (first or second amendment) could get expensive.

The nearest hardware store to me is Kirchners Hardware in Chiloquin. They are a Do It Best outlet. They also have no intention of treading on anybody's liberties. I will continue to give them my money and they will continue to appreciate good, honest, armed Americans. It's a relationship that allows everyone to prosper. It's a sham they don't operate like that in occupied areas.

I think I've seen one of these placards on every single Ace Hardware store I've ever gone into.
Looks like you missed the ACE in LaPine. No sign on their door. They have a small sporting good section and they have a continual rifle raffle for various local charities with the rifle hanging over the checkout counter. Still haven't won one yet!

Before all your collective heads explode in indignation did you ever stop to consider the signs are up as a CYA in case anything untoward does happen in the store involving a weapon? Seriously, guys, the world is not out to get you or ruin your life.

I wonder when/if anyone will file a federal civil rights suit against companies doing this. They are denying people the right to shop there for exercising their constitutional rights. It could be seen the same way as saying they deny entry to various religious groups, or anyone who speaks against democrats, republicans, whites, blacks, the disabled, or any religious group.

This could get interesting. Post that no Christians, or Muslims are allowed in the store, because we know anything religious is bound to cause problems..(sarcasm). Then wait and see how long until someone files a civil suit over that.

Denying someone entry because of their chosen religion, or because of which constitutional right they choose to exercise (first or second amendment) could get expensive.

Your constitutional rights mean nothing on private property. You're a guest on private property, and need to abide by the rules of the host. There's certainly nothing wrong with boycotting a company for refusing you access with guns, there's also nothing wrong with refusing people with guns. I can kick you off my property for exercising your first amendment right to swear a blue streak, I can also kick you off for exercising your second amendment right to carry a pistol.

Before all your collective heads explode in indignation did you ever stop to consider the signs are up as a CYA in case anything untoward does happen in the store involving a weapon? Seriously, guys, the world is not out to get you or ruin your life.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get me.

You mean like any of the "police shoots unarmed civilian" stories recently?
Are these signs gonna keep the police out of the store as well?

If your constitutional rights don't apply on private property then (for arguments sake) I should be able to exclude anyone I want including Blacks, Hispanics, Orientals, Catholics, Jews, Indians, and Gays. If I put a sign up at a business I owned stating that I was not going to allow the above mentioned people on my property I would be shut down so fast it would make your head spin. The trouble is the laws are selectively enforced and your constitutional rights are also selectively enforced. You have to enforce all or else you don't really have any rights at all. All the amendments to the Constitution and the Constitution itself have equal right and validity, If you are an elected official and you start a run around it to avoid a certain portion of it you are committing treason because you have sworn to uphold the constitution of the US no matter what.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top