JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
And I'm gonna tell you right now, if I asked to cop to leave my establishment and he refused, I'd be pressing charges for criminal trespass. You know why you feel like you're so powerless? Because you make yourself powerless. You're not powerless. Yea, the deck is stacked against you. Thank our forefathers for that- those we hold in such high esteem... the "greatest generation." Those who let people like FDR turn freedom into a mockery and fully consented to the demilitarization of the population and subsequent militarization of civilian police agencies... Thanks, Grampa!

But we're NOT powerless. The law provides lots of small avenues for fighting small injustices, and larger ones for bigger ones. You see a cop break a traffic law that you know he's not exempt from? Go write him a citizen's traffic citation. They exist, and they work. Don't just sit there behind your computer whining, whining, whining, all the damn time whining about how oppressed you are. Freaking turns my stomach.

and how many undeserved tickets and bs charges will I have to go through before him and buds get tired of their little game.and he ends up with a don't get caught again talk.

here is a news blurb on just the subject and the pd response yea it did wonders.

Citizen tickets cop - YouTube

Um... you're using this to support the argument that my suggestion is wrong/bad/ineffective/what?

Did you notice that news clip was CNN? National attention, that got.

I remember that incident, and it popped into my mind as I wrote that post. Officer Stensgaard was found guilty and fined, and right after this, Portland PB officers started using a LOT more discretion in where they parked. I was finishing my degree and spending a lot of time with PBB officers at the time, and even remember one officer saying to me something along the lines of, "I used to park right there in that red zone and run in real quick (outside a Starbucks in SE, I think it was on SE Hawthorn), but these motherbubblegumers will write you 'citizen traffic tickets' for that bubblegum now. Gonna have to find a spot around back."

Was a shining example of those "small avenues" I spoke of.

Um... you're using this to support the argument that my suggestion is wrong/bad/ineffective/what?

Did you notice that news clip was CNN? National attention, that got.

I remember that incident, and it popped into my mind as I wrote that post. Officer Stensgaard was found guilty and fined, and right after this, Portland PB officers started using a LOT more discretion in where they parked. I was finishing my degree and spending a lot of time with PBB officers at the time, and even remember one officer saying to me something along the lines of, "I used to park right there in that red zone and run in real quick (outside a Starbucks in SE, I think it was on SE Hawthorn), but these motherbubblegumers will write you 'citizen traffic tickets' for that bubblegum now. Gonna have to find a spot around back."

Was a shining example of those "small avenues" I spoke of.

don't take this the wrong way but that was on a video and your words are just in type. that was a rep. for the P D you are a name on a gun forum with a direct contradiction from what was on the video. My trust is not great for the PD but it is higher than words on the internet.

don't take this the wrong way but that was on a video and your words are just in type. that was a rep. for the P D you are a name on a gun forum with a direct contradiction from what was on the video. My trust is not great for the PD but it is higher than words on the internet.

How does anything in the video contradict anything I said?

There are sheep in wolves clothing everywhere. Its hard for people to understand. I think the younger the generation is the farther the point of losing rights or even having knowledge of them becomes. They forget where such rights began the removal process and are will to accept that its for their own good.
Sad very sad when people do not realize how much they have lost already.
People forget when government owned land was open to use by all, now the government regulates your access and even charges you to use it. If not the giv especial privileged rights to those with deep pockets.
When I was a kid there was no CHL, there was no fishing licenses and there was no fees at camping spots. They have gone from none to a few dollars to 100's. Camp grounds are now 20+ a night are bubbleguming kidding me?
And for you nimrods who forget a CHL was not required in Oregon to Conceal until only about 20 years ago. And now some want to bend over and give more. Ignorance is what they want, and ignorance is what will help us lose rights. Senators in Colorado are feeling the pain from opposing and taking rights. Yet some do not care if shop owners take yours away a bite at a time. and giving any place business tells law makers people are tolerant. I am not. You put no gun access in Oregon, you won't see one bubbleguming penny of my money. Infact I will pay more just to avoid your shops and businesses ! Mess with my rights, then I will mess with your income fair is fair. And losing personal access rights in the long run will hurt all of us. Sheep in wolves clothing are worse then the Liberal gun grabbers, because the sheep have no idea who is coming for dinner and they love mutten !

We need people like you to be Our representatives, be on the Portland city and Multnomah county councils.

Google it... Officer Stensgaard WAS cited, he DID appear in court, and WAS convicted and fined. You don't have to take my word for it. I think he was given a parking fine of like $38 or something. The judge obviously went very easy on him, but he was convicted. And you can believe it or not, but police DO pay attention to this stuff, and they DON'T like putting themselves in situations where they can be liable or beholden to the public. You need to go on a ride-along, dude. Get at least SOME kind of perspective.

here is a news blurb on just the subject and the pd response yea it did wonders.

Citizen tickets cop - YouTube

Asst. Chief Brain Martinek is one of the big problems with the us vrs them mentality. The cops do not need to look for a legal place to park? What total bull crap! How long would it take for the cop to walk from a legal parking space to the door of a business apposed to parking in a no parking area? Like what 20 seconds? People like Martinek clearly does not understand his and the officers job. They are not above the law and get to pick and choose which laws to follow.

I have never been to this store before but after reading all this bi$ching and crying they have a new customer! Think I will stop in today and leave my gun at home!

Wow! That is all you have to say? What a stupid post!! Why don't you turn you gun in to local LE and go join moveon.org!!!! Clearly you have no appreciation for what gun owners struggle with on a daily basis!! Fool!

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR