JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have similar experience?

Today I was meeting another forum member to trade some ammo.

We met up in a Parking lot, stood around talking for 5-10 minutes. When it appears that the local busy bodies decided that I was dealing meth and called the police...

A short time after, we were visited by the Milwaukie Police.

Nothing came of it and he left after a minute or two.

Anyone else attract unwanted attention when doing a deal in public?

Perfectly reasonable reaction, you darn kids smoking that gunpowder, you'd think they'd step in and nip that in the bud by inventing smokeless powder...er, wait.

Seriously though, that's always been a concern of mine with parking lot meets (especially being a long haired skinny guy), not that there's a real problem with law enforcement showing up but it can be quite inconvenient.

I was in Wisconsin last year, and arranged to meet a guy from ar15.com for a CZ52. We were both licensed C&R. We met at a park and ride just off the highway, I am looking at the CZ, he shows me his Krink which is in the trunk also, pay the guy, and head back to put the gun in the car, look down the road and here come 4 squad cars. 2 were local PD and 2 were Highway Patrol.

I have a nice conversation with one of officers, my friend is in the back of the patrol car for officer safety and the other guy (seller) ended up arrested for concealed carry, WI does not allow it.

Show the officer my ID, FFL license, his signed FFL license, and the CZ and he says thanks much have a good day.

Funny thing is when I had pulled into the lot there were 2 other guys in the plot dressed in Blaze Orange putting rifles into their trucks, they probably didnt get a second look.

It does seem a little obvious when theres a meeting in a vacant parking lot. Vehicles pulling up along side eachother, trunks popping open, packages changing hands. I'd probably look at that scene too with curiosity.
Maybe the most obvious would be the the most un-noticed. Meet in a busltling parking lot where trunks and packages are constantly moving.

You can remove a pair of jeans from a store flipping them in the air in front of the cashier...but try to get them out in duffel bag...you're busted.
(I heard about something like that happening to someone else:s0087:

I think someone has already mentioned a Fred Meyer lot or similar. Pick a corner and trade away.

Anyway my :s0159:

My problem is that everyone wants to meet in small towns which i have no problem with. But when u r 6' 1", Bald, 290 lbs and have darker skin than everyone else in the town, Cops always show up!

I had the cops called on me a few months ago, I was in Walmart before the ammo rationing, bought about $200 worth of ammo and a 5 lb bag of potting soil for the house plants. Apparently a lady thought I might be planning to kill someone and bury them with the potting soil.......:s0112:

Whenever I buy ammo in a non-gun-store setting I will bring a cart to the gun counter and ask them to bag it in paper, or at least double bag it in small enough lots they don't tear through the cheap bags. At WalMart, anyway, one pays at the gun counter where the purchase is bagged to get it out the front door no questions. Then its off through the car park with "bags" in the buggy....... nothing to rouse suspicion. BiMart, one has to bring the purchase to the front to pay, where they double bag it in heavy paper. Once in the car park, same situation, Never had anyone look askance, ever.

Funny that lady suspected you were on about killing someone then to bury them with potting soil. If you HAD that plan afoot, seems you'd only need a handful of ammunition but a bit more than a cartful of the soil....... shows how illogical the gun-owner-is-evil syndrome can be. Lady hasn't got a clue about reality.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top