JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Be diligent with your hand hygiene all...

Flu type A is around in abundance now. The vaccine works, but only partial coverage (as is common annually).

We've seen about 16% positive flu A cases, along with a few rare flu B's among the patients tested.

Be diligent with your hand hygiene all...

Flu type A is around in abundance now. The vaccine works, but only partial coverage (as is common annually).

We've seen about 16% positive flu A cases, along with a few rare flu B's among the patients tested.
I just heard on the news that here in snohomish and King counties we have already had 13 (I think?) flu fatalities this winter. Crazy.

I just heard on the news that here in snohomish and King counties we have already had 13 (I think?) flu fatalities this winter. Crazy.

Probably higher, just not confirmed yet. It always hits the older & immunocompromised folks the hardest.

Folks who have had the vaccine can allways get it, but it's usually a milder case, unless it's a Novel/Variant strain that the vaccine does not cover.

I haven't seen data on Novel strains yet this year.

Don't think so, but I do believe he is one misguided philanthropist.
Look to companies like Roche and Nestle to fund a global pandemic.

Roche and Nestle behind a pandemic? Are you kidding? Who is going to buy anything from these asshat companies? No one will be left to buy anything. If such a pandemic ever hits the entire country will be over come and basically helpless in a few weeks and dead in 4 to 6 weeks as it effectively spreads through out the country. Who would distribute these drugs? dead truckers? Who would administer them, dead healthcare workers?

Think about your own city and what would happen if even 20% of the population became sick. How many people can the local health care system take care of in your town?

Local hospitals are over come when if a multi vehicle accident happens and they are going to be expected to care for hundreds or even many thousands of people at once? uh... NO!

Back to the message I quoted, Roche and Nestle responsible for this?

No, if it were done purposely, it would more likely be China or any other country that hated the USA and had the technology to culture and genetically modify the FLU virus.

All you need is a sick chicken to start with then you begin to modify that virus until it mutates into a H5N1 variant that can spread to humans and your off and running, then you just need to infect a human and send that human to USA and we are f**ked.

A kid with a decent lab and collage level bio tech education could probably cook this up and release it upon the world, or you could just do it totally low tech, get thousands of chickens divide them into groups and keep them infected with bird FLU until it mutates into a version people can catch, pretty much simple as that.

That is exactly what is going on in poor sections of China right now but simply because the poor of china don't really have any clue how to isolate their livestock from such infections as bird FLU. At any time there are literally hundreds of thousands of chickens in china that are infected with bird flu, it is constantly mutating and re infecting chickens every day.

Eventually it will mutate into H5N1, a version of bird flu that can infect humans and spread like normal FLU then it will jump from china to most other countries in a few days.

So Roche and Nestle? no, very few people will be left to even distribute such drugs to the population.

Only people who are going to survive are you strong and/or prepared people. Just went through having the FLU for the last few weeks myself. Thankfully it was not an extremely virulent version and I was fine. Biggest problem I have is I just can't seem to shake the cough, it is hanging on like Richard Nixon under impeachment proceedings.

~

If you've ever heard of Lyme disease you know it's spreading across the USA more and more daily. I have had 3 ticks on me and the last one left the bullseye rash. There's no cure and doctors will loose their job for even diagnosing it. They will all say it doesn't exist. Watch those dam ticks as well.

God will only allow so much stupidity before he hits the reset button.

If you've ever heard of Lyme disease you know it's spreading across the USA more and more daily. I have had 3 ticks on me and the last one left the bullseye rash. There's no cure and doctors will loose their job for even diagnosing it. They will all say it doesn't exist. Watch those dam ticks as well.

God will only allow so much stupidity before he hits the reset button.
I hope you went directly on the abx.
Doesn't exist. Right. A friend's mom developed the genetic test to screen for it, my brother and two friends were infected, and the recovery is nasty.

The doc on here had stated that fish antibiotics ain't the answer

There is a very good and VERY basic reason that no antibiotic will help with the flu; the flu is a virus and antibiotics only help with bacterial infections, not viral infections.

Now there may be follow on bacterial infections afterwards - I usually get bronchitis after the flu, and it seems that antibiotics help that, but not the flu itself.

If a person wants to protect themselves from the flu, get the flu shot before flu season starts. It isn't 100%, but even 30-50% effectiveness (it may not protect against the strain of flu you are exposed to) is better than nothing. For the first time in decades I got a flu shot last year and I don't think it was a coincidence that for the first time in decades I did not get sick when everybody else did last winter well into the spring this year - not even a cold, not even the sniffles.

This year I also got the pneumococcal shot and I will get the flu shot when it comes out. Also going to get the shingles shot when they get it back in stock, and a DPT booster. They recommend the pneumococcal for young kids and seniors over 65 and people with heart or lung conditions.

That reminds me, I had chickenpox as a kid.... gotta get that shingles vac, myself!

Yes, my brother got shingles - very painful.

I setup an appt with Walgreens and then went in and they said they were out of it - would call me back when they get it in.

With my heart condition and tendency towards bronchitis, I am not being so lax about such things anymore - I can't afford to get sick again. When I get sick with the flu/cold, I am down for a week, then for a month or more I have bronchitis. During that time I am as weak as a child. If SHTF during that time I would not survive. The older I get the more vulnerable I am. Just now scheduled a Td shot - can't remember when I last had a tetanus shot - maybe '96? Next month I will get the flu shot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top