JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The title of the article say Gates says we ain't ready not it's coming.
If it does it does,what can one person do? How much antibiotics can you have on hand? Which one will actually work?
And of course my tin hat makes me ask....Will the gubment actually care and give out the proper cure?
Will they be the ones who "accidentally" start it?
Just another one of those 'if you can't control it don't worry about it' things

Funny you ask about the Gov't starting it...that's part of the novel trilogy I wrote, Brushfire Plague!

You can get antibiotics for fish that work for people...anti-flu medicine will likely be good to have on hand...and having the ability for no human interaction (isolation) for 2-3 months are all good things to be prepared for.

Funny you ask about the Gov't starting it...that's part of the novel trilogy I wrote, Brushfire Plague!

You can get antibiotics for fish that work for people...anti-flu medicine will likely be good to have on hand...and having the ability for no human interaction (isolation) for 2-3 months are all good things to be prepared for.
The doc on here had stated that fish antibiotics ain't the answer
Plus with all the international travel nowadays it would be impossible to stop

Yep, just like all the invasive species brought to America and released into the habitat with no care of what the consequences are.
Look what diseases have been brought in from our southern borders recently, if that doesn't make you concerned what does?

This is a scenario, among many, that our household has discussed, planned for and, as best possible, prepared for. It is, frankly, a difficult one to be really ready for. Since we live off the beaten path, are fairly self-sufficient (water, power, food, etc.), and have a lots of supplies socked away, our plan is to hole up and avoid contact as much possible. However I am under no illusion that is an guarantee. In reading and watching documentaries about the 1918 Influenza, I'm even less optimistic about such an eventuality. At the end of the day, like every other major disaster scenario, one can choose to be unprepared, or one can work each and every day towards self-sufficiency and preparedness for all eventualities. I choose the latter.

Last Edited:
A pandemic would more likely be viral, not bacterial. You could pop antibiotics like m&m's and they wouldn't do bubkis (aside from kill you)...

Unless of course the next pandemic is a "super bug" bacterial infection which resists all antibiotics. These are already a thing by the way, and have already reached the mainland US. Although in that case yeah, same end, no anti-bio's to save us. Scary...

The superbug that doctors have been dreading just reached the U.S.

Hell, all I can say is eat healthy, backstraps and taters and onions. Drink lots of clean water and have a lodge cast iron skillet on hand for the cooking. If that's not enough, we are already at the foot steps of a higher hand anyway.
My opinion only!

When the pandemic hits, if it ever does the preppers who can hole up and NOT have to interact will have a greater chance to make it and survive.

Large populations will die off quickly, the disease could keep going, get worse or morph into a less lethal version but if there is significantly less people out there, and you are holed up at home, your chances of surviving go up short term. Who ever you are, you can up your chances if you have some knowledge on what to do and how to care for family members. Dehydration will weaken and thus kill most people.

I did a lot of research a few yrs ago on the bird flu, It is survivable but would be hell to go through. It become survivable by having a few things on hand and knowing how to care for loved ones or who ever gets it.

Liquid nourishment and fluids are the keys, keep pumping them into the patient no matter what, with that, you have a chance, without, your just going to dehydrate and expire after a short time. Having some one to take care of the sick person, and who has the right knowledge increases survival rates significantly under all circumstances. The bird flu puts you down, you can not take care of yourself, you can't really do anything and if some one is not there to force liquids into you constantly every hr or two, its over in a few days. Know what a bed pan is and how to use it? You better because the sick person is not going to be getting up, too weak. Pump fluids in one end and they come right out the other end for oh, say, 3 to 5 days. No fun, figure what this would be like of say 30 to 50% of the people in any town were going through this, with more getting sick every day.

A month or two after this hits and really gets going, the population will be reduced significantly. This will be what starts to reduce further infection rates but it will go on and on untill the virus mutates and become less lethal and maybe it won't ever become less lethal and the only ones left are those who have got it and survived and are now immune. Will that keep you alive long term? if you did get it and survive it?

The preppers will be the only ones who have food at this point as there will no longer be any one left to resupply supermarkets etc. Have a 6 mo or longer supply of food available? At least with a pandemic like this, there will be fewer roving gangs looking to take your food supply. See a gang of foragers heading your way start acting sick as hell, coughing and weezing and reaching out tho them begging for help, they will likely turn and run like hell unless they are all survivors and are immune and starving.... Then they will BBQ your liver if they catch you and you left the AR and all the ammo at home.

A pandemic is almost a statistical certainty at some point in the future, as is a maga earthquake and other huge disasters that could tax man kinds abilities and survival. When the time comes you are ether ready and equipped to survive or your not. Prepping is not enough, you will need the proper knowledge if it is a pandemic. It will suck to watch people you love die because you did not bother to spend a few bucks and gain the needed knowledge to care for your family and they for you.

Concerning the bird flu, I recommend the 3 books in my included photo. I did a lot of research a few yrs ago and ended up with these 3 books. Between them there is enough info so you have a much better chance.

20170101_224423 (Copy).jpg

Robert

Unless of course the next pandemic is a "super bug" bacterial infection which resists all antibiotics. These are already a thing by the way, and have already reached the mainland US. Although in that case yeah, same end, no anti-bio's to save us. Scary...

The superbug that doctors have been dreading just reached the U.S.

Extremely unlikely that a pandemic would be bacterial, yet still possible.

-A catastrophic failure of US healthcare would occur (IMO), if multiple outbreaks of a deadly virus occurred here. The resultant economic toll would also steamroll.

Like if a hemorrhagic fever (Ebola) hit in several states at around the same time. Say, as a simple example, 20000 Americans succumbed to it in 4 states-within a few weeks.

America as we know it would be done, even if the epidemic stopped at that death toll, which although catastrophic, is quite small statistically speaking.

Most US hospitals these days have extremely limited stock on hand of anything consumeable. Say a week, to a month of most goods under "normal" conditions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top