P80 build firing pin assembly issues

OldTengu

Reactions
About 5% of the time, my firing pin assembly is coming free of the spacer sleeve and channel liner (I may have the terminology wrong), but I’m still seeing positive firing response and great (albeit stiff) extraction. After running some snap caps I pulled the slide off and saw this:
2CF87E64-181B-4418-AE51-E8601B493BE2.jpeg
I don’t know what’s causing it, but I know I don’t like it. Advice?

Reactions
I'm not really following you. Your firing pin is staying in the fully cocked position?

What slide parts kit did you use?

OP
OldTengu

OldTengu

Reactions
I'm not really following you. Your firing pin is staying in the fully cocked position?

What slide parts kit did you use?
I guess that’s it, although I have to admit having never seen any of my Glocks do that, so it’s unfamiliar.
I used an OEM slide parts kit. I have a Grey Ghost kit on the way to replace it.

arrowshooter

Reactions
I'm going to say that either your channel liner is bunged up, or your firing pin spring cups are not right. Either way, I don't see the gun firing like that. Can you push it back in?

OP
OldTengu

OldTengu

Reactions
I'm going to say that either your channel liner is bunged up, or your firing pin spring cups are not right. Either way, I don't see the gun firing like that. Can you push it back in?
Yup. If I push down on the spacer sleeve (the small black line at the bottom of the channel, in pic) using a punch, it snaps right into place.

OP
OldTengu

OldTengu

Reactions
Gonna have to eat some crow here...
Not only did this slide not have a channel liner pre installed, but I didn’t put one in. Swore up and down it had one preinstalled. My wife pulled it apart and checked. I’m not as smart as I think I am.

OP
OldTengu

OldTengu

Reactions
Dang dude, she just pulled the pants all the way up. Time to relinquish the tools LOLOL. Glad you found it.;)
You’re telling me.
she has the day off and wanted to shoot it. I told her something was wrong with it and what to look at. She pulled it apart and found the issue was what I had insisted it wasn’t.
Worse things than having a wife that can fix your guns.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    My Go To For FTF Transfers and The only FFL I ship to.
    I use a Cut Above for Everything firearm related. I'm in there for something at least weekly. The team is great and the prices are great. You...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    They make transfers very easy
    My preferred place for transfers. The staff has always been very friendly. Even with the background checks sometimes taking forever, they are...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    1.00 star(s)
    met a member to sell a gun
    worst experience I have ever had treated as tho i was stealing from them have you ever met someone and with that initial moment you know there's...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome store
    been shopping here for years now, so has my grandfather. they provide excellent services
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Vendor
    I have not been to the shop yet but have purchased from him online, and all I can say is PERFECT! You could not ask for a nicer, more helpful guy...
Top Bottom