P80 build firing pin assembly issues

OldTengu

Reactions
About 5% of the time, my firing pin assembly is coming free of the spacer sleeve and channel liner (I may have the terminology wrong), but I’m still seeing positive firing response and great (albeit stiff) extraction. After running some snap caps I pulled the slide off and saw this:
2CF87E64-181B-4418-AE51-E8601B493BE2.jpeg
I don’t know what’s causing it, but I know I don’t like it. Advice?

Reactions
I'm not really following you. Your firing pin is staying in the fully cocked position?

What slide parts kit did you use?

OP
OldTengu

OldTengu

Reactions
I'm not really following you. Your firing pin is staying in the fully cocked position?

What slide parts kit did you use?
I guess that’s it, although I have to admit having never seen any of my Glocks do that, so it’s unfamiliar.
I used an OEM slide parts kit. I have a Grey Ghost kit on the way to replace it.

arrowshooter

Reactions
I'm going to say that either your channel liner is bunged up, or your firing pin spring cups are not right. Either way, I don't see the gun firing like that. Can you push it back in?

OP
OldTengu

OldTengu

Reactions
I'm going to say that either your channel liner is bunged up, or your firing pin spring cups are not right. Either way, I don't see the gun firing like that. Can you push it back in?
Yup. If I push down on the spacer sleeve (the small black line at the bottom of the channel, in pic) using a punch, it snaps right into place.

OP
OldTengu

OldTengu

Reactions
Dang dude, she just pulled the pants all the way up. Time to relinquish the tools LOLOL. Glad you found it.;)
You’re telling me.
she has the day off and wanted to shoot it. I told her something was wrong with it and what to look at. She pulled it apart and found the issue was what I had insisted it wasn’t.
Worse things than having a wife that can fix your guns.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic Customer Service!
    Recently, they helped my lady transfer a pistol to a family member in CA. Most FFLs would have told us to pound sand when we mentioned where we...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    One of the best!
    I have bought from online and in person. Great store, he had things I did not know were needed. I try and recommend Highline Firearms to people I...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    The only gunsmith I'll use
    Tim has done a few projects for me and the result is always the same. Amazing. End of story. From complete refinish to custom machining, Tim is...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
Top Bottom