JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
About 5% of the time, my firing pin assembly is coming free of the spacer sleeve and channel liner (I may have the terminology wrong), but I'm still seeing positive firing response and great (albeit stiff) extraction. After running some snap caps I pulled the slide off and saw this:
2CF87E64-181B-4418-AE51-E8601B493BE2.jpeg
I don't know what's causing it, but I know I don't like it. Advice?

I'm not really following you. Your firing pin is staying in the fully cocked position?

What slide parts kit did you use?
I guess that's it, although I have to admit having never seen any of my Glocks do that, so it's unfamiliar.
I used an OEM slide parts kit. I have a Grey Ghost kit on the way to replace it.

I'm going to say that either your channel liner is bunged up, or your firing pin spring cups are not right. Either way, I don't see the gun firing like that. Can you push it back in?

I'm going to say that either your channel liner is bunged up, or your firing pin spring cups are not right. Either way, I don't see the gun firing like that. Can you push it back in?
Yup. If I push down on the spacer sleeve (the small black line at the bottom of the channel, in pic) using a punch, it snaps right into place.

Gonna have to eat some crow here...
Not only did this slide not have a channel liner pre installed, but I didn't put one in. Swore up and down it had one preinstalled. My wife pulled it apart and checked. I'm not as smart as I think I am.

Dang dude, she just pulled the pants all the way up. Time to relinquish the tools LOLOL. Glad you found it.;)
You're telling me.
she has the day off and wanted to shoot it. I told her something was wrong with it and what to look at. She pulled it apart and found the issue was what I had insisted it wasn't.
Worse things than having a wife that can fix your guns.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top