JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The title says it all! Do you run a red dot on your Sig P365XL? Which one?

I run RMR's and DeltaPoints on my bigger self defense pistols. I just cant decide which way to go for my new XL.

Sig Romeo Zero: it fits perfect, about $200, has built in rear sight, all plastic. But MAC on YouTube had issues.

Shield RMSc: Over $400, metal and glass, unobtanium. SMSc is closer to $200, but all plastic.

Holosun 507k: almost $300, really wide almost useless rear sight, side drawer for battery, circle-dot reticle.

Swampfox Sentinel: All metal and glass, about $225 with wls15 code, no rear sight notch.

Anybody with any experience with any of these optics? On this pistol?

I just got My Sentinel today and so far I'm impressed with it as is everyone that I've seen post about it.Hope to tune it tomorrow.
A guy at Sig Talk got both the Sig Romeo 0 and the Sentinel and said the only thing the Sig has going for it over the Sentinel is the rear sight. The
Sig is all polymer also. Theres a 50+ page at AR15.com in the optics sub with Mike the Swampfox marketing director posting regularly. He made a
good point about the claims that polymer is superior, stronger etc. "Somebody should tell the guys at Aimpoint and Trijjicon that so they can switch". :D

I got the A model and the photocell adjusting to different light levels is FAST , like instant! I've played with it in different and changing light conditions
and its been just right. I've got mild astigmatism and get a small amount of the figure 8 effect with RD's but its noticeably less than with my Vortex Venom.
You'll need to get a taller front sight to cowitness, the only pistol that it'll cowitness out of the box is the SA Hellcat. The build is solid and its got a 50,000 rd
warranty, basically lifetime.

It comes with everything that you need for install except for Loctite. 3 sets of screws for different platforms. I used the longest which reading the manual
after I was done told me were the right ones.:rolleyes: I picked up an Energizer 2032 battery because it came with a Chinesium battery I'd never heard of.

Be careful removing the screws holding the XL's rear sight and plate on because on some of them some idiot at Sig used red Loctite on them. A few guys at Sig Talk stripped them out and ended up sending their slide back to have them removed. There wasn't any on mine in fact one of the screws was loose. They take a 2mm allen wrench.

eta a little long winded but I just came here to do a review on it but decided wth I'll just leave this here.

All kinds of stuff in the box.
IMG_20200615_165111.jpg
The photocell.
00000IMG_00000_BURST20200615224426132_COVER.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200615224455191_COVER.jpg

IMG_20200615_224807.jpg

Last Edited:
How much taller is the Sentinel than the Zero?

There's a short video of Swampfox Mike showing the speed of the brightness change and I'm sold on that feature. My RMR is so slow and my DPP has even been back to the factory for this issue and never even goes dark. It just stays bright all the time.

Just got a p365XL myself, following for science.

I'm leaning towards the holosun offering just because MAC had problems with the Sig, I've seen 2 Shield optics fail for buddies, and I have zero experience with swampfox optics. Would be cool to have someone put up a video of them torture testing all the optic options for microcompacts.

I listen to We Like Shooting, who is sponsored by SwampFox. I've heard several interviews with Mike and heard a lot of amazing things about their internal testing and quality protocols. I already trust them quite a bit, not to mention it is built of metal and glass. I just wish it had a rear sight.

The Holosun has very attractive features, but that rear sight is a joke!

In doing some more research:

407k has 6moa dot (my preferred reticle, actually)
507k has 2moa dot with circle around (and then user-changeable between 3 options with that reticle)

Both are, according to Holosun at SHOT Show 2020, waterPROOF.

The Sig 0 is 0.93 tall and the Sentinel is 0.94. The Sentinel is water proof also.
Full disclosure- After posting that I thought "hmm, wait a minute. I don't remember installing the water proofing seal last night." If I would have followed the directions in the manual I would have realized it then. So I looked at the 1st pic of all the crap that came in the box, nope don't see it there, checked the box and foam inserts, nope.So I opened a missing part claim at Swampfox telling them that I didn't receive the seal. Exactly an hour and a half later I got an email from them. I wonder if it was me that gave them that "Oh Sh*t moment" ? :eek:
At least they owned up to it and are making it right.

"Hello,
We're reaching out because of your recent order of the Sentinel. First, thank you very much for your order, however, we've got a bit of good and a bit of not so good news.
The good news is that you will receive your Sentinel very shortly, if you have not already received it. The not so good news is that in our rush to get the 2nd batch of pre-orders out the door, we neglected to add the waterproof plate that can be installed between the optic and the slide. We've got you covered though and will be sending you this plate ASAP. You will be receiving it by next week. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. FYI, this plate is not necessary for the proper function of the optic so you can assemble this to your slide now and take it shooting, and it is still highly water resistant. But the extra insurance is the plate itself, and we will get that to you soon.

If you have any other questions, comments, or concerns, please let me know.
Best regards,

Tyler Gohl
Swampfox Customer Support"

For the record, I just ordered a Holosun 407k. 5-7 week wait from OpticsPlanet. I'll give an update when it comes.

I chose it because of the single 6moa dot reticle (my only better-liked reticle is the 7.5moa triangle), the drawer access battery, and the metal construction. That shell looks to be very durable.

If the Sentinel had a rear sight notch I would have gone that direction, but I'm looking forward to getting this 407k shipped in late summer.

The rear sight thing cracks me up as it's unusable on the RomeoZ.
You either run it with the dot or point and shoot if it takes a dump.
It's not like my P229 with a Romeo1 and suppressor sights, that RD has a notch too, but it's to see through with the irons. With that I can use either or.

I'll be selling my RZ and picking up a Holosun with a green dot when those come out as green works better with my astigmatism.
If the Sentinel came with a green dot that would be contender too.

Happy Holosun 507 v2 user here,, but I'll be buggered if I can see anything approaching any kind of rear sight on it.
Feature wise, it's pretty hard to beat- That aside the circle/dot reticle is the sharpest Ive yet seen

Just got a p365XL myself, following for science.

I'm leaning towards the holosun offering just because MAC had problems with the Sig, I've seen 2 Shield optics fail for buddies, and I have zero experience with swampfox optics. Would be cool to have someone put up a video of them torture testing all the optic options for microcompacts.

Look up Sage Dynamics on youtube. He does quite a bit of reviews and testing of pistol mounted optics on his channel, including drop tests.

I wish I had read this. I ended up getting romeo 0 on mine and didn't know how to sight it in. So far so good. The swamp fox looks like a good option though. Paid 150 for the romeo 0 so I'm not complaining. Hoping to get the swamp fox if I mill my g19 slide!

I gotta admit im a little disappointed in the Romeo zero. I've owned it for 3 weeks and the clear plastic lens is scratching like crazy already and its making the dot glare. I know I know, it was only $190 but still, some gorilla glass woulda been nice. Otherwise no issues.

20200925_095055.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads