JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not going to like this, but due to their heavy slides, HiPoints are pretty easy to rack. Buy two and if one breaks, recycle it. Here's thread on "another forum" regarding a guy with cerebral palsy who only has one good arm.

Not that anyone will, but it would be cool if a company made a full size pistol in 380. Mass of the slide would make for a light recoil spring I'd imagine.

Beretta 84 is the closes that comes to mind as a full size pistol chambered in 380.

The Browning 1911-380 comes to mind as an alternate to S&W 380 EZ.

E3834047-9231-4BA1-BFB3-2C1AC273C6E1.jpeg 287A1072-80D9-43E6-BB73-1529AF91BA66.jpeg

Last Edited:
Most compact 380 are blowback guns, so the perceived recoil is higher than a locked-breech design. There are a few locked-breech 380, but not many. The S&W M&P 380 Shield EZ is a locked-breech design, and is quite pleasant to shoot. It's also physically larger in size for a 380 pistol.
Several years ago I shot I two Taurus Millennium pistols, one in 9mm and one in .380 on multiple occasions. They were about the same size, the 9 being slightly larger, but the .380 was easier to rack and lighter recoiling. I'm sure they were both blowback. To be fair, we were shooting ball ammo through them, not defensive ammo. I don't know for sure how they would compare. I suspect I'd get the same relative results but I have no direct evidence.

Not that anyone will, but it would be cool if a company made a full size pistol in 380. Mass of the slide would make for a light recoil spring I'd imagine.
The closest I can find to that is the Browning 1911-380, which is only a little bit smaller than a Glock 17. At only 18 oz., mind you, it doesn't fulfill the weight requirement. But it makes up for that somewhat by not being simple blowback-operated.

The Glock 25 is heavier and about the same size, but I don't think they sell them here. Plus it's simple blowback.

Imbel makes a full-size 1911 in .380 but, again, not for sale in the US. I'm sensing a trend!

It seems like this is the same kind of conversation as the one about why auto makers won't import the smaller-engined cars that are so popular in Europe: they've decided that the market just isn't profitable enough for that stuff here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top