JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well my first though to all this is "So What?!"
If any group is holding a expose and they are anti whatever then you must know that whatever they present will more than likely be slanted to help their cause or viewpoint.

Maybe those who are in Oregon's Militias could have a "open house" or event to showcase themselves and what they are all about.
Something that shows positive side of a militia.
Maybe try to take away the media stereotype of scary racist guys with lots of scary guns who hate anything that isn't them.

Please note that I am not saying that any or all militias are made up of that popular stereotype.
But that it is a popular stereotype in many places in the U.S.
Andy

My weapon of choice! The "RPG" body armor is also effective.

PS--All this talk of militias piques my interest. What a recruiting tool just talking about it. Can I join your militia? Please, please...

PPS--I stand with @OutlawHoss so knock that anti-Semitic crap off. Not welcome here.

PPPS--Looks like the offending post was deleted, or modified.

Last Edited:
Its odd, they could be spending time in Portland, Gresham..etc fixing the daily murderous gang problems.. But instead they are going after groups of American Patriots who dont do anything to harm another person.. Guess they really have their priorities in order :confused:

Yes, he's a real turd by all accounts. That doesn't mean anyone who shares a common ancestry with such an tool is also a tool. By that logic, every single one of us is a Dr. Evil.

Welcome to the 21st century. o_O
You are now officially ignored.

Bigotry is part of the problem, let's be clear; it is not a part of the solution. Not only does it demonstrate the lack of intelligence/awareness of the bigot, it smears those associated with them. It is not, despite the militia/patriot stereotypes, a part of any pro gun organization I support or people I know who are ardent defenders of our civil/natural rights, the 2nd amendment being fundamental to said defense.
There is a great deal of respect and affinity between many Native Nations and the Jewish people, most prominent among them are the Choctaw (my people) who have not only been very charitable (the Choctaw raised $700 for the Irish people during the potato famine, which was a lot of money in 1850 for us; it's the first recorded act of international support for their plight) but fundamental in the fight for freedom, as evidenced in the Choctaw Nation being a refuge and conduit to freedom for 'runaway slaves' long before the Civil War.
That's why I stand in solidarity for my Jewish brethren, and say b.s. to these dumb myths about them being part of some odd conspiracy, one that has been disproved time and time again.
We who fight tyranny need to find our common ground, or the tyrants win.

Last Edited:
Please note that I am not saying that any or all militias are made up of that popular stereotype.
But that it is a popular stereotype in many places in the U.S.
Andy

Well, but the key thing here is that if this stereotype is also being extended to AR owners in general, it then becomes an issue for all owners of such guns. And also perhaps a reason to argue for them being banned: in order to disarm militias.

Well, but the key thing here is that if this stereotype is also being extended to AR owners in general, it then becomes an issue for all owners of such guns. And also perhaps a reason to argue for them being banned: in order to disarm militias.

All which plays into my do something to break the stereotype image.
Have a event where you show that Militias , or whatever type of firearm you care to name , is not threatening or out to harm anyone.
Just a thought , I really don't know what to do about that issue.
Andy

Do militias really exist in Oregon?
Most likely not in the formal sense of the word. If you are thinking large groups of organized people training regularly then no. If you are thinking of an occasional idealistic group loosely coming together to 'poke the bear' over something and calling themselves 'militia' well then maybe. If I recall correctly in about the mid-90s a group in Central Oregon called themselves a 'militia' and took the license plates off their vehicles and replaced them with cardboard cutouts with the word 'MILITIA' on them. Something about licensing vehicles being 'unconstitutional' was the rant but nevertheless it soon ended when local LE began to cite them for not displaying a license plate and it eventually went away. Heck I remember at the ripe old age of about 17 i was hanging around with some 'older guys' (like late 20s early 30s!) who were protesting everything as 'unconstitutional' - anyone remember the 'Freeman' movement from the 70's?

Last Edited:
Yeah..... I so want to run around the woods every weekend with a bunch under-sexed, overweight, undisciplined, egotistical, dumb-arses with no muzzle/trigger control who give themselves rediculous military ranks.... Colonel.... Sgt. Major.... Captain.... :rolleyes:

Yeah..... I so want to run around the woods every weekend with a bunch under-sexed, overweight, undisciplined, egotistical, dumb-arses with no muzzle/trigger control who give themselves rediculous military ranks.... Colonel.... Sgt. Major.... Captain.... :rolleyes:

Awesome man! Glad to have you aboard. See you next weekend out there.

Sincerely,
Major General under-sexed, overweight militia guy

Generalissimo works for me, or Emperor of the Known Universe.

PS-- Who you calling out for poor or "No Trigger Control"? Take that back!

Last Edited:
Any talk I've heard in this forum on joining/starting militias was focused on providing and assisting emergency services and communications in their local areas I'm sure none of this will be mentioned. IMO true civilian militias will form when and if needed and will most likely work with and under local or state government unless everything goes completely gunnysack.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top