JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I fully support him. There is NOTHING wrong with fringe living, especially if there is no victim, there is no crime.

Feelings arent a means to make a law, so his OCing granted to him by the constitution is an awesome way of spitting in the eye of traditional norms.

I dig it. Im happy someone (or a couple of people) pulled over to give him a ride.. Im not sure Id pick up an armed hitch hiker.. Not because my fear of firearms.. But the mental and drug issues that travel with most hitch hikers..

I still think this is awesome. He followed the law and made it there by not following traditional norms, I respect that.

I dig it. Im happy someone (or a couple of people) pulled over to give him a ride.. Im not sure Id pick up an armed hitch hiker.. Not because my fear of firearms.. But the mental and drug issues that travel with most hitch hikers..

There is a difference when picking somebody who is smiling and overall is in a good mood and not one from drugs. I've picked up some really nice guys (no gals unless I'm with another person namely my wife) so I can see how they would do that. He really appeared to be in a general good mood. Probably helped he had a backpack and not a rucksack or two, his girlfriend, two dogs and dressed in old military fatigues.

It also made a difference with his tone and politeness of asking the people prior to if they object etc. That shows some common courtesy, which goes a long way today.

Though I've been told no a few times. I always ask prior to getting to somebody "Am I supposed to pick them up?" often I'm told no, but when I am told yes I do. I retract the story about women. Once I felt compelled to pick a girl up. On the coast, about 8:30 at night. While my spiritual leanings differ from some on this board I truly believe I was in that moment there to save her life from an abduction. She couldn't have been over 19. Her house was up near the motel I was staying at in Warrenton (well Astoria).

IMO emotions are probably the driving force behind most decisions and laws, with logic being used as a backfill to make them seem to make sense.

Scaring the sheeple with OC does nothing positive to help gun ownership, and to believe otherwise is, IMO, delusional and counterproductive.

When non-gun people see somebody who is not a police officer or Federal special agent (etc.) walking around with a gun, they think "nutcase" and it makes them afraid. How is this gonna help make them more accepting of gun ownership, when they are thinking nutcase and feeling afraid? To state the obvious, it does not.

I don't have any mixed feelings about this at all. Not only is it offputting to the non-gun people, it is provocatively negative to the anti-gun people, and is otherwise tactically unsound because it tells the bad guys who to shoot or rob first.

Putting the open carry aside, society has changed. I hitched hiked in Hawaii when I was young, 40 years ago, and people were friendly and gave me a ride. When I got a car, I paid it forward and picked up others. I even got a few dates from girls I picked up, consensual of course. Things were different back then and people were more care free and trusting. I don't pick up hitch hikers any more. It is sad that our society has digressed to where it has. :(

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads