JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We have keep watching these politicians.

Oregon Senate panel introduces gun-control bill
Associated Press 22 hours ago

SALEM, Ore. (AP) -- An Oregon Senate committee has introduced a bill that would require background checks when guns are sold or transferred to someone who isn't a relative.

Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee approved the move in a party-line vote on Friday. Their decision will allow the measure to be considered when the legislative session begins next month.

The committee approved a background-check bill last year but it died when there wasn't enough support in the full Senate.

Democratic Sen. Floyd Prozanski of Eugene says the measure would make it harder for criminals to get access to guns.

Republican Sen. Jeff Kruse of Roseburg says it's being pushed for political reasons by Democrats who think they can use a gun-control vote against Republicans in the 2014 election.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

How is this bill going to make it harder for criminals to get guns? With all the gun laws on the books that we are told will prevent criminals from getting access to guns, how is it this is the one that's going to make the difference? There's a reason their called criminals. Maybe we need a bill to control criminals.

I've heard it said many times that 90% of liberals support the 2A. If true, I wonder why they can't keep these guys under control.

How about a compaign to show all the laws liberals do not enforce. If obammy is doing it so are the liberals in the states. I wonder how the public would feel about these politicans letting criminals back on the streets. There must be some stats somewhere that would support this position and we blast the public with this info and demonize the politicans that one more law will not make a difference. Thoughts??

I've heard it said many times that 90% of liberals support the 2A. If true, I wonder why they can't keep these guys under control.

They may support the 2A as long as they do not have to attack or demonize progressive leadership. Does that sound like any other group we go to war over? Thought so.

They may support the 2A as long as they do not have to attack or demonize progressive leadership. Does that sound like any other group we go to war over? Thought so.

Clearly you have the whole situation under control and don't need the help of pro A2 liberals.

How is this bill going to make it harder for criminals to get guns? With all the gun laws on the books that we are told will prevent criminals from getting access to guns, how is it this is the one that's going to make the difference? There's a reason their called criminals. Maybe we need a bill to control criminals.

That's the point...they start with this, then when they go "we didn't do enough!" Then they register everything...when that doesn't stop crime they go "we still need to do more!" Then comes the "turn it in or else!"

This is just a step-ladder for more. I know it, they know it- but the public thinks it's to "save the children!"

I'd love to hear Prozanski explain how his bill would make a difference. Based on what he's said, it won't. Because of these type of proposals, he's solidly in gungrabber territory.

It's dumb, but the Republican Rep did a terrible job of defending it. No logic or points beyond political commentary. Yes, it's political, you're politicians. Make useful, informative point instead of stating the obvious.

My other comment here is that, as conservatives on this forum have stated about Republicans, liberals do not equate to Democrats.

As the author said in Comrade J" 'These People were referred to as Sheet eaters' due to their ability to swallow anything no matter howobviously against their own best interests.

We have keep watching these politicians.

Oregon Senate panel introduces gun-control bill
Associated Press 22 hours ago

SALEM, Ore. (AP) -- An Oregon Senate committee has introduced a bill that would require background checks when guns are sold or transferred to someone who isn't a relative.

Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee approved the move in a party-line vote on Friday. Their decision will allow the measure to be considered when the legislative session begins next month.

The committee approved a background-check bill last year but it died when there wasn't enough support in the full Senate.

Democratic Sen. Floyd Prozanski of Eugene says the measure would make it harder for criminals to get access to guns.

Republican Sen. Jeff Kruse of Roseburg says it's being pushed for political reasons by Democrats who think they can use a gun-control vote against Republicans in the 2014 election.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

It always helps to provide a bill number and a link

Get involved with your representatives, call them, be cordial and ask real questions to get the facts. I was told that most liberals do not contact them, only the opposition normally get fed up and call. Lets make a difference!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top