JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I got a call on Thursday from the Multnomah County assistant attorney, and he say's that we don't need to waste time with a court date because I still have one felony and not two, and under ors 166.291(1) (g) Has never been convicted of a felony or found guilty, except for insanity under ORS 161.295, of a felony; so they will not issue me a CHL. Then I tell him that if he looks at 166.291(1) (A) The person has been convicted only once of violating ORS 475.864 (3) and has not completed a court-supervised drug diversion program under ORS 135.907; and (2) A person who has been granted relief under ORS 166.274 or 166.293 or 18 U.S.C. 925(c) or has had the person's record expunged under the laws of this state or equivalent laws of other jurisdictions is not subject to the disabilities in subsection (1)(g) to (L) of this section. He takes a couple seconds and says you are correct, but let me speak with my colleagues and I will get back to you. Well he called me back Friday, and say's he is drafting a letter to the court to dismiss the case and will call the sheriff's office and tell them to issue my CHL! So after all the research and doing their jobs for them I will get my license.

Right on! Good job!

Rights restored wait six months and buy a gun. If you get the gun no problems the CHL no problem, unless the felony on record is another but then you gould not have had your gun rights restored.

I sent you a PM, I am looking to get my rights restored too. I had a non-violent felony conviction, it was a rather dumb thing that only got me probation and no jail time, but it was still a felony conviction according to the judge and my lawyer at the time. I have not attempted to buy a gun since then (over 10 years ago), or anything else that would require a background check, but I have kind of blindly been relying in what they "told" me. If you have any more details about how you went about getting your rights restored I would appreciate hearing about it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top