Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Oregon CCW class: How recently is it required?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Kain, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Kain

Kain Vancouver, WA Member

Well, like the topic says, I'm trying to figure out how recently you need to have taken a course in order to apply for an Oregon CCW. I took one ten years ago (that long, really?) and still have the certificate, and I'm wondering if it'll be recognized, or if I'll have to do another one.

I know there's a few easy options in Portland, but my work schedule is incredibly busy these days and I rarely have the time to attend, especially if it's not a single session like the one at Keith's.

Anyhow, anyone know if my certificate will be good? Crossing my fingers for a long shot!

Edit: The certificate I have is for the "NRA Basic Pistol Course"

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  2. PDXoriginal

PDXoriginal PNW Well-Known Member

The cert is still good.

3. Allfat

Allfat Marion County Active Member

I took my CHL course when I was in college, but didn't get my permit until ~3 years later. I called the sheriff and asked them if there was a time limit, and she said no, so I took in my old certificate and applied, and was approved. You should have no problems with yours.

4. Kain

Kain Vancouver, WA Member

Alright cool, thanks guys.

5. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I wish I would have known this. Took one 15 years ago and then took a new one. Oh well.