JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
My question is how has nobody stepped up and put a stay on the measure if all gun sales end Dec 8th? Isn't restricting all sales until a "system" in place a direct infringement on the right to bear arms by stopping all sales. Seems like lawsuits need to be files against the legislature and OSP.

I thought there was a 180-day period of time (grace period) built into the measure that allows shops to sell their current inventory etc? At least that's what I understood after reading it (the entire measure with fine print)

My question is how has nobody stepped up and put a stay on the measure if all gun sales end Dec 8th? Isn't restricting all sales until a "system" in place a direct infringement on the right to bear arms by stopping all sales. Seems like lawsuits need to be files against the legislature and OSP.
Threads like this are moving rapidly, so it's hard for people to find relevant information without reading every page. Multiple 2A groups are in the process of evaluating when they can file injunctions, lawsuits, or take other legal action on our behalf. OFF is pretty good at issuing alerts as new information becomes available. You can sign up for alerts on the OFF web site. There could very well be other groups providing updates but not sure if any are sending email updates or provide push notifications. If anyone knows, feel free to throw it out there.

Glad to contribute bucks to whoever moves forward with a law suit. I think the State is alert of impending legal challenges, and now learning that their are faults to the ballot measure process because it was not legally vetted through the legislator. So, just guessing a bunch of people will end up with mud in their face.

It may be that the callous psychopathic politicians will want to intentionally challenge this in court and hence, let this mover forward.

Just got off the phone with someone knowledgeable in this area. Some of the issues include standing and jurisdiction, and whether it's best to go federal or state. Other issues include the effect of the SCOTUS decision to remand the California 10 round magazine limit back down to be re-evaluated in lieu of the Bruen decision. Some feel that a negative ruling on 114 may have a effect on 9th circuit decisions made by St. Benitez. There are other questions about which portion of 114 to attack. Perhaps the 10 round limit is the best way, or it may be the constitutional question of means testing to exercise a right. There are other avenues as well, and my point is that these decisions are being discussed against a legal background, sometimes with the main question being what's actually winnable. Fagan's decision to move the effective date to Dec 8th really screwed things up. There's a HUGE difference in 3 weeks vs 7 weeks to prepare documents and arguments. I feel comfortable that competent people from multiple groups are working on our behalf.

It seems to me like the publicly accessible database that would have everyone's private info, would be a good place to start. Plus it seems like it would be an easy win, since you know, it would violate standing privacy laws, both state and federal.
Let the 9th curcit finish their ruling before challenging the mag ban. No sense in wasting precious time and resources on it if we already know that they are going to most likely rule in our favor.
After that, target how this is going to be paid for. They can't just decide to raise taxes to pay for this. They already knew that the budget they presented was a failure and they wanted to push the rest of the cost on counties and the state. This would require voter approved tax increase or levy which would have to pass in every county. They also planned to push the costs on the shops and buyers as well by adding a sales tax.
This is just a start but you get the idea, there's a lot to choose from but let's start with the major problem ones first.

It seems to me like the publicly accessible database that would have everyone's private info, would be a good place to start. Plus it seems like it would be an easy win, since you know, it would violate standing privacy laws, both state and federal.
This could in theory be an excellent case for the ACLU to take.. if they weren't so anti-2A :rolleyes: but yes, it violates the 4th, 5th, 1st, and indirectly the 2nd by way of violating the 1986 FOPA ban on registry... (although I am not sure if that is strictly a Federal ban on a Federal registry of gun owners? And thus States in theory could go right ahead? )

Let the 9th curcit finish their ruling before challenging the mag ban. No sense in wasting precious time and resources on it if we already know that they are going to most likely rule in our favor.
Only if the 9th Circuit doesn't do some more legal, mental gymnastics on how the mag ban fits the "text, history, and tradition" test :rolleyes:

After that, target how this is going to be paid for. They can't just decide to raise taxes to pay for this. They already knew that the budget they presented was a failure and they wanted to push the rest of the cost on counties and the state. This would require voter approved tax increase or levy which would have to pass in every county. They also planned to push the costs on the shops and buyers as well by adding a sales tax.
This is just a start but you get the idea, there's a lot to choose from but let's start with the major problem ones first.
Indeed; that's going to be a very tough pill for the Legislature to swallow, the fact that a clear half of the State will vote against tax increases and new taxes in their Counties. And with the loss of their Supermajorities in both Senate and House in Oregon, the anti2A party is gonna have a hard slog to pass things.

FYI

FICS__Backlog_Request_-_Daily_Average_2018-2022.png

Event is sponsored by The River Church in Salem
There will be several speakers there to discuss measure114 but this is not specifically a 2A rally.
Link to their web site

Let Freedom March- Oregon Capitol
Nov. 19th, 2022
November 19, 2022
12:00 - 4:00pm

Join us on November 19th, 2022 to stand for our freedom in Salem, Oregon! There is power in numbers; together, we have more influence! We're taking the church to the streets, and this time we are back where we began- Oregon's State Capitol. Join us as we rally for freedom.

Let Freedom March Event is from 12-noon until 4 pm @ the State Capitol in Salem, OR, where we will gather to rally for our liberties! We will march together between 2-3 pm to show there is power in numbers when we put aside our differences!

This is open to all people, all churches, and all freedom-loving groups. If you would like more information or to partner with us for this rally! Email [email protected], visit our website at www.therivernw.com or call 503-385-8721 for more information.

There will be Vendors and Food Booths at this event.

Let us know you are coming; there's power in numbers!

Screenshot 2022-11-17 135004.jpg

How do you get there with that? He has a CHL and he's not at the back of the line.
Because there was a separate queue for CHL holders that was being used, not just the main queue.
Even during Covid the longest wait time for CHL holders was around 1-2days.
Average wait long wait time now is 6 days.
To make the point, there was a higher demand for firearms during Covid than there is now and still took less time.

Because there was a separate queue for CHL holders that was being used, not just the main queue.
Even during Covid the longest wait time for CHL holders was around 1-2days.
Average wait long wait time now is 6 days.
To make the point, there was a higher demand for firearms during Covid than there is now and still took less time.
I thought you said there was only one que. Now I'm confused.

I thought you said there was only one que. Now I'm confused.
There use to be 2 different queues, one for CHL holders and one for non-CHL holders. Now there is only one queue being used which is the non-CHL holder queue. The only thing they did to hide this is that they are putting CHL holders further ahead in the massive growing queue.

There use to be 2 different queues, one for CHL holders and one for non-CHL holders. Now there is only one queue being used which is the non-CHL holder queue. The only thing they did to hide this is that they are putting CHL holders further ahead in the massive growing queue.
How do they know where to put the CHL users is there's only one line?

How do they know where to put the CHL users is there's only one line?
Unless you're lucky enough to get instant you get placed with the rest of the CHL that are waiting.
What doesn't get mentioned is that for every CHL placed in the queue, it pushes back non-CHL who are waiting.
Current speed of approvals seems to be about 600 a day.

It's Pretty simple.
Do Not Comply with Illegal orders or laws that are repugnant to the Constitution of the United States.

One cannot simply have rights turned into a privilege. by Fee or Writ.
Or they would not be rights, but rather privileges given and taken away at whim.

In other word's
Stop being coward's looking for a legal remedy in a corrupt system.
And live as Free men do..

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top