JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
A possible tactic is to have carve-outs as they did with Measure 91 in 2014 that legalized marijuana. Several counties opted out of having dispensaries. It would be a way for the people that wanted this to have it, while the rest of us law abiding citizens go about our lives without the government sniffing our shorts like the neighbors dog. Have no idea if this is a valid way to proceed, but it could result in additional complications for traffic court Floyd and his ilk.

MidwayUSA is already not shipping magazines over 10 rounds to Oregon.
There seems to be conflicting information regarding this. On their website I see no statement or restrictions on Oregon customers. Do you have a link or statement you could provide here confirming that this is the case?

Not implying you are making stuff up, I just want to know for sure; if it is true, I'll be sure to stop buying from them. I've given them a lot of business over the years, it would be a shame if they are already pulling the plug on Oregon customers!

There seems to be conflicting information regarding this. On their website I see no statement or restrictions on Oregon customers. Do you have a link or statement you could provide here confirming that this is the case?

Not implying you are making stuff up, I just want to know for sure; if it is true, I'll be sure to stop buying from them. I've given them a lot of business over the years, it would be a shame if they are already pulling the plug on Oregon customers!
Go to their website and try to check out with magazines over 10 rounds...

Just completed checkout (@ Midway) like a minute ago for 5 Pmags (that I didn't really need or want)... so not sure what's up.

Last Edited:
Ok now it's letting me place the order. Last night I got a message at checkout saying they weren't shipping over ten rounds to OR.
Hopefully they don't keep flip flopping. I know they prematurely pulled the plug on pistol braces a while back, so they are already walking a thin line with my willingness to support them.

OFF (Kevin) had ads on radio, signs and was involved in debates. They are the only one that fought before the vote as far as I know.

OFF and FPC are now going to attack in court as soon as it is certified and victims are identified.
In September, the Powder River Sportsmen's Club in Baker City spent $4000 to purchase and ship 650 M114 yard signs plus banners to allies in central and western OR.
I found the allies by cold calling strangers and networking, and I shipped the signs.
In Oct, I launched a non-profit, solicited donations for signs, and shipped another 750 signs to even more friends and allies.

All of the signs had "stop114.com" blasted across them. We did that because OFF was the obvious statewide opposition leader. I got Kevin's permission; he welcomed the support.

SAF has been the national leader in litigation against unconstitutional gun laws for decades.
You can join them for $20. You should do it.
I've been talking to SAF. They plan to immediately file suit, but only against the M114 magazine limit. They do not plan to sue against the permit requirement.

Illinois has had a permit requirement for decades.
Gun permits are obviously unconstitutional.
I'm no expert on gun permit litigation, but I'm not aware of any suit that has come close to gaining cert to overturn permit requirements.

I may be wrong, but I think litigation attacks are limited by available funds and by the need to win suits rather than lose them.
IOW, successful pro-2A litigators like to limit their actions to those they know they can win.

My ideas moving forward:

1 - Find out who has a successful strategy for suing against the M114 permit requirement, and help support that effort. Or, start that effort.

2 - Start the process for a ballot measure to repeal all of M114 plus universal background checks.
My version of that measure would leave in place background check requirements for dealer and gun show transfers. Only.
Because dealers are present at those transfers.
All other BGC requirements get repealed.

3 - Start attacks against LEVO now. Point out their errors and their weak logic. Blame them for the 114 mess, but also attack their next measure: assault weapon ban.

M114 was a sleeper. Almost sneaky. Most people didn't know it was on the ballot.

It passed 51% to 49%, with 64% voter turnout.

Over the next 6 months, M114 is going to get a lot of bad press.
IMO, a ballot measure to overturn M114 and UBC's will be very winnable.
It will require 115,000 signatures to get it on the ballot.

This thread has a lot of complaints about ballot measures.
The way I see it, the smart move is to use a ballot measure and predictable political trends to repeal 114.

In September, the Powder River Sportsmen's Club in Baker City spent $4000 to purchase and ship 650 M114 yard signs plus banners to allies in central and western OR.
I found the allies by cold calling strangers and networking, and I shipped the signs.
In Oct, I launched a non-profit, solicited donations for signs, and shipped another 750 signs to even more friends and allies.

All of the signs had "stop114.com" blasted across them. We did that because OFF was the obvious statewide opposition leader. I got Kevin's permission; he welcomed the support.

SAF has been the national leader in litigation against unconstitutional gun laws for decades.
You can join them for $20. You should do it.
I've been talking to SAF. They plan to immediately file suit, but only against the M114 magazine limit. They do not plan to sue against the permit requirement.

Illinois has had a permit requirement for decades.
Gun permits are obviously unconstitutional.
I'm no expert on gun permit litigation, but I'm not aware of any suit that has come close to gaining cert to overturn permit requirements.

I may be wrong, but I think litigation attacks are limited by available funds and by the need to win suits rather than lose them.
IOW, successful pro-2A litigators like to limit their actions to those they know they can win.

My ideas moving forward:

1 - Find out who has a successful strategy for suing against the M114 permit requirement, and help support that effort. Or, start that effort.

2 - Start the process for a ballot measure to repeal all of M114 plus universal background checks.
My version of that measure would leave in place background check requirements for dealer and gun show transfers. Only.
Because dealers are present at those transfers.
All other BGC requirements get repealed.

3 - Start attacks against LEVO now. Point out their errors and their weak logic. Blame them for the 114 mess, but also attack their next measure: assault weapon ban.

M114 was a sleeper. Almost sneaky. Most people didn't know it was on the ballot.

It passed 51% to 49%, with 64% voter turnout.

Over the next 6 months, M114 is going to get a lot of bad press.
IMO, a ballot measure to overturn M114 and UBC's will be very winnable.
It will require 115,000 signatures to get it on the ballot.

This thread has a lot of complaints about ballot measures.
The way I see it, the smart move is to use a ballot measure and predictable political trends to repeal 114.
Is the searchable database an angle of attack? If they tie an item to an owner that become a public registry. I think that 1986 national law may forbid that. But of course just a public list endangers people.

Is the searchable database an angle of attack? If they tie an item to an owner that become a public registry. I think that 1986 national law may forbid that. But of course just a public list endangers people.
Given the registry is publicly available and accessible I don't see how it wouldn't be dangerous and plus it violates the standing privacy laws. It can lead to a lot of discrimination lawsuits as well.

The problem is that the pot has been heating up for a long, long time. We were already at a boiling point when this crap hit the fan.
Yep. IP17 and 18. They were the test run and desensitization strategy written by the same communist a-wipes that wrote 114. They started the "conversation" and told us exactly what they wanted to accomplish with those IPs. 114 is just phase 2. These people are tenacious Marxists masquerading as preachers and rabbis. They will not stop at 114.

This is much more dangerous than the frog in the boiling pot scenario. It's actually more like boiling distilled water... Back in high school science class our teacher did an experiment boiling distilled water compared to boiling tap water. Both cups were brought to boil on the same burner. The tap water bubbled and boiled as one would expect. The distilled water was not bubbling and showed no visible signs that it was boiling. Due to the purity of the distilled water there were no trace chemicals or contaminants that would allow bubbles to form and let off steam. With gloves and a pair of tongs he dropped spoons into both cups. The boiling tap water did nothing. Yet as soon as the spoon broke the surface tension of the boiling distilled water, the entire contents of the cup exploded. It's a long analogy but IMO applies to where we are today. There is a lot of boiling distilled water and too many fools running around with spoons.

My question is how has nobody stepped up and put a stay on the measure if all gun sales end Dec 8th? Isn't restricting all sales until a "system" in place a direct infringement on the right to bear arms by stopping all sales. Seems like lawsuits need to be files against the legislature and OSP.

Amidst all the news stories and what I hear from the community I have to ask....

How were a group of Fake religious people and race grifters able to put in such a half-bubblegum piece of writing with no legal definitions and the like and the state was just like "Yep looks good" ?

It boggles my mind. Too many stupid people in this state, that goes for some in the gun community too who weren't and aren't paying attention to the blatant attacks on our rights and everyday lives. Unfortunately the Liberals and the media and all the race grifters with no real life-skills have made everything political.

My question is how has nobody stepped up and put a stay on the measure if all gun sales end Dec 8th? Isn't restricting all sales until a "system" in place a direct infringement on the right to bear arms by stopping all sales. Seems like lawsuits need to be files against the legislature and OSP.
Generally because the measure is not yet in effect - no 'case or controversy' if no one can (yet) be prosecuted.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads