JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Don't know how much longer we'll be able to do this. I really appreciate Powder Valley as a resource and how efficient they are. Prices are a bit lower than what you can buy locally and they nearly always have everything. Powder and primers can be bought and shipped together. Black powder, even.

I'll say this in a whisper. Here's another good thing for Wash. residents, no sales tax charged. Yet. It could be that they haven't met the threshold number of customers served in the state for it to kick in. For you lucky people in Ore., not a problem but I'm sure you have your share of taxes.

Shipping was pretty reasonable, hazmat charge was on half price. They require an adult signature upon delivery. Funny, it must be okay to buy powder as a felon but you must be 21.

You have to spend $100 on the primers to get the rebate i think?

You can upload the UPC's and your receipt online. You need to buy at least 2 bottles of powder.

I only buy 5lb jugs or 8lb jugs.

Rebates are for Speer bullets too. You need to spend $100 again.

Load up while things are cheap!!!!!!

Been using Powder Valley for awhile. Never had issues with them, and they get the order out the door pretty quick. They also do not require signature delivery like some places that ship hazmat.

I just got an order today of 500 Speer 150 gr .308 HPBT to load for the Garand with free shipping. I was using Powder Valley back in the dark days for pistol powder and primers. Ended up selling some of the powder/primers at cost to members to recoup some $$.

They also do not require signature delivery like some places that ship hazmat.

In my recent purchase from Powder Valley, they told me "adult signature required" several times. When the UPS man came, he didn't ask me if I was an adult but he required signature.

In my recent purchase from Powder Valley, they told me "adult signature required" several times. When the UPS man came, he didn't ask me if I was an adult but he required signature.

Interesting. In any case, their official policy is what I was going off, and that's here:

"FedEx requires a signature on all hazardous material packages and will not allow the packages to be redirected to an alternate address.

UPS may require a signature when delivering your package."

That has been consistent with my experience when not otherwise overridden by a shipper's preferences for a signature. Ie. FedEx requires it - UPS doesn't (or doesn't seem to, at least in my case). Powder Valley doesn't insist upon it though, I guess is the point, and defers to the shipping provider. Sorry if I caused confusion here.

UPS may require a signature when delivering your package."

It's curious that they make this statement in their shipping policy outline. Because UPS calls Adult Signature Service an additional service. Which the shipper specifies and pays an additional charge for. In this case, $4.50 extra which is on my invoice. I've ordered two previous times in the past couple of years and as I recall, all required adult signature upon delivery. The last two contained black powder; I wonder if this makes a difference to the shipper. There may be some underlying UPS policy, unknown to us, that causes Powder Valley to "request" the additional service. I'm not gonna call and find out because I'm not that curious.

The issue for me is I have to remain at home to receive the package. Or my wife. It ties up someone to wait for it. Because I don't want to have to drive miles to get it if I miss the delivery. You can call and request redelivery, but then you are tied down for another day. They give a day-long delivery window, cannot be nailed down to a time. In my area, typically the delivery such things in the afternoon. So it truly blows most of a day.

I don't have an issue with signing for my freight and I like to be home when I get powder and primer deliveries. I'd hate to have a porch pirate walk off with 50 lbs of powder and/or 50,000 primers.

It's curious that they make this statement in their shipping policy outline. Because UPS calls Adult Signature Service an additional service. Which the shipper specifies and pays an additional charge for. In this case, $4.50 extra which is on my invoice. I've ordered two previous times in the past couple of years and as I recall, all required adult signature upon delivery. The last two contained black powder; I wonder if this makes a difference to the shipper. There may be some underlying UPS policy, unknown to us, that causes Powder Valley to "request" the additional service. I'm not gonna call and find out because I'm not that curious.

The issue for me is I have to remain at home to receive the package. Or my wife. It ties up someone to wait for it. Because I don't want to have to drive miles to get it if I miss the delivery. You can call and request redelivery, but then you are tied down for another day. They give a day-long delivery window, cannot be nailed down to a time. In my area, typically the delivery such things in the afternoon. So it truly blows most of a day.

Thankfully we have always lived reasonably close to a UPS hub, and have just had stuff redirected to them for pickup that's sig required.

Pretty convenient doing it that way, and normally get "whatever" half a day earlier if picked up in the am.

Obviously not an option for folks whom do not have a hub within a reasonable distance. & I do not believe those UPS stores will deal with ORMD/Hazmat. + I wouldn't want to have our stuff shipped to one of them anyways...

I normally use Brownells for all powder and primers. They ship only via Fed Ex and of course require a signature.

No problem at my house. Somebody is always home.

I've always had to sign for FedEx, not always with UPS. And yeah, it SUCKS to have to drive out to the FedEx hub in Troutdale to pick up your order. Had to do that more than once!

I own my own biz so just have stuff sent to it. We have customers that have us ship to the local UPS store, Mailstore etc. I don't think the UPS stores charge for receiving and the mail stores have a small $2 etc fee as long as the package is picked up timely.

Porch pirates are forcing the signatures required in hi theft areas even for non-signature required shipments.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews