JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am OR Born, WA MIL Res right now and I travel to OR often to visit Mom an Sis.
Reciprocity: I know why WA does not honor OR’s CCW Permit; Because OR does not honor WA's CCW Permit! CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??? OK I get it why not CA. BUT com’mon we’re neighbors for cryin out loud! Does anybody have an Xplination for it:huh:

No one in Oregon besides the state legislation can extend reciprocity to another state. The Oregon Legislation has not done it yet, and the last time it was up there was a lot of add on measures that made the bill not likely to pass (and it didn't)

I knew it was BIG LAW that made the decisions. DID not know about the "Felony free + hartbeat = CCW, Hmmm I guess I just took the training thing for granted. AD Army. I will inquire about the Two State thing. As much as I travel down there and actually own property I should be GTG.
Thanks
Aqua

OR has a training requirement.

WA you have to be felony free and a heartbeat.

SF-

I am WA and I went to Fisherman's for my so called training because I could not find my DD214 at the moment. The instructor told he shot himself while practicing holstering and the class was a joke. I consider it equal to WA regs. At least it was only $35 dollars and a little over an hour.

When I took my CCP class the instructor said that you can take your Oregon permit to Washington, pay the fee, and get a Washington permit. Realize this is't exactly reciprocity but i sounds like a way to get it done.

I am OR Born, WA MIL Res right now and I travel to OR often to visit Mom an Sis.
Reciprocity: I know why WA does not honor OR’s CCW Permit; Because OR does not honor WA's CCW Permit! CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??? OK I get it why not CA. BUT com’mon we’re neighbors for cryin out loud! Does anybody have an Xplination for it:huh:

Money$$$$$$$$$$ :D

When I took my CCP class the instructor said that you can take your Oregon permit to Washington, pay the fee, and get a Washington permit. Realize this is't exactly reciprocity but i sounds like a way to get it done.

can't you just go to WA and get it anyway (assuming you don't have any felonies)? as long as you can provide ID i don't see why not.

I have permits for both OR and WA... OR is particular as it requires that an applicant have minimal training using pistols (not such a bad idea, actually) before it will allow you to get a "CHL"... my DDForm214 lists my pistol training and is what I use in Oregon to satisfy that requirement. They will also accept any other DD(A)Form*** you may currently have in your 201 file, ie. from your most recent trip the the pistol qualification range, or your IET or AIT documents that reflects a training block on pistols (if you haven't been discharged and have a DDForm214 yet)... just go the your unit's S1 and ask the clerk to see your 201 file and get a photo copy.

For WA state, a non-resident "CPL" is easy-peezy... like Silver Fox said... not a felon, no "psycho" internment, no restraining orders, a valid OR I.D. ....and a pulse. It was something like $50 and it is good for 5-yrs.

Hope that helps!! :s0155:

Ja have my WA. I will have to get the OR one. Should be a breeze Just tryin to save a lil$. AND thought it was silly that nieghbor states don't have an agreement.

This whole reciprocity thing stinks. I have permits for Washington, Oregon, Utah and have applied for Nevada just to keep me legal while working. Paper work is on it's way to apply for Florida as well but that one is just because I can. I think this gives me reciprocity for 35 states, at the moment, which could change at any minute. Since Colorado does not accept Washington, does not accept any non-resident permits and does not issue non-resident permits, I classify them in the same group with California and Clark County, NV.

Nevada voters [Clark County sissys] spoke out and determined that reciprocity required a shooting qualification. Neither Utah nor Florida require live fire shooting to issue a license so both were dropped this past 1 July 2010.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top