JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
the Lupy 6.5-20x40 has EFR or Extended Focus Range for this purpose. Also look at the higher mag scopes for Air rifle. I think Leupold has a screw on filter that goes on the objective side of the scope to extend the parallax range to 10 or 20 yards.

I picked up a 10/22 with a 6-18xx40mm scope on it.

Now, I doubt I'll get a lot of use out of a power that high with 22LR, but what about my 22WMR?

Put another way - how much scope is too much?

Some say 2-7 is plenty for rimfire. That makes sense to me for 22LR and plinking, but WMR (and especially .17) have more legs on them.

What do you all think? Is there a point at which you're thinking, "too much scope"?
Imo if you are shooting paper you can't have too much. If your glass gets dark or unclear though at high powers that's another matter. Also depends on scope. 18x may actually be same magnification as a higher end scope that is 12x (or even less).

I must be the last guy in the west still usin' irons on my 22!
Give it 15-20 years. Turning 60 this month and it has been an uphill battle the past five years. I'm resorting to micro red dots on my pistols not cause it's the latest fad, it's cause I can't see the front sight clear enough to make precise shots.

If you can see the sights clear enough at my age, count your blessings.

Give it 15-20 years. Turning 60 this month and it has been an uphill battle the past five years. I'm resorting to micro red dots on my pistols not cause it's the latest fad, it's cause I can't see the front sight clear enough to make precise shots.

If you can see the sights clear enough at my age, count your blessings.
At almost 64 I'm already ahead of you!

I must be the last guy in the west still usin' irons on my 22!
Nope....:D
My favorite shooting .22 rifles that I use all have iron sights.
Remington 510 from 1941...
Remington 512 from 1942 ...
And a Savage Model 19/33 NRA Match rifle with Savage peep sights circa 1946 .

As far as a scope for a .22 rifle....
I like a fixed 4x or 6x for all around use.
Andy

Nope....:D
My favorite shooting .22 rifles that I use all have iron sights.
Remington 510 from 1941...
Remington 512 from 1942 ...
And a Savage Model 19/33 NRA Match rifle with Savage peep sights circa 1946 .

As far as a scope for a .22 rifle....
I like a fixed 4x or 6x for all around use.
Andy
We're shooting about the same vintage. Mine's a Winchester Model 72 with factory peep sights from 1939. My dad bought it with his chore money when he was 10 so he could get into competitive target shooting.
My 10-22 (okay, my wife's 10-22!) wears a Holosun 403c green dot right now but she'd like to put a 2-7 Leupold on it.

Vintage .22 rifles are my favorite modern firearms to shoot.
Used to collect 'em ...
The collecting has gone down hill with the various dumbazz laws we have here...
And the selection seen at shops and gun shows ain't what it used to be.
I still shoot and hunt with 'em though.... :D

Leupold's 2-7 rimfire scope is a excellent scope for sure.
For a variable power scope the Leupold 3-9 and 2-7 series are difficult to beat.

I have no doubt that there are "better" scopes or sight options out there...but...
I tend to shoot older/ vintage rifles...so an older style scope looks "right" on them....at least to my eye.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads