JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The CZ 75/85 in my opinion is one of the greatest handguns out there, the ones Ive owned always run. They have a nice low bore axis, and the weight (at least in the fullsize) makes follow up shots quick and easy. Also they tend to offer a model to fit any needs.

I guess my only complaint would be that since the slide rides inside the frame, there is not much to grip when manipulating the slide. But once you're used to it, its not a big deal.

Buy it, shoot it, love it.

I bought one new. got the 85 'cause I'm a southpaw. the trigger sucked out of the box. I read a lot of articles over on the CZ forum about changing to a factory comp. hammer. I fit it myself, & couldn't be happier.It totally changed the gun. I don't think I will ever sell this gun. It is such a pleasure to shoot.

Thanks for all the help. Looks like a CZ will be my next '9' and I plan to take another look at the one I mentioned. The only concern I have is the take up seems long with more creep than I care for. Is this typical for the gun and is there anything that can be done about it? One thing though this IS a 'Pawn Shop' gun and they do not clean any of their guns so maybe a good cleaning will eliminate most of it.

CZ has a very good overall rep

Have you asked the shop if you could use a can of (aerosol) gun blast type cleaner on it before you buy? You know, blast the grit out of the trigger area? Some shops will let you clean a gun first..

I'll probably ask that and more - at least if I can remove the slide. It appears to be just dry and in need of a good cleaning and lube but before that the price has to be right before I do anything. I see mid 80's Czech turn-ins for $319.00 - $325.00 on GA.

Do not use Gun Blast on plastic grips...melt.
$425 isn't a bad price depending on rounds down the tube.
The CZ 85 Combat is the one to get[new] as it does not have the firing pin block; smoother trigger SA.
There are some police turn ins on the gunbroker. com around $330 up.
You can get the FPB removed and put in a Competition hammer in these to get better results. But you should put 500-1000 down the tube first[and use permatex anti-seize with grease/light oil in that order]Good Luck

Edit: visit czforumsite.info for all about cz models and info as well as czusa and cz custom in AZ.

Turq - Thanks for the help. I have been researching the Comp hammer mod but I am a little confused about the
You can get the FPB removed and put in a Competition hammer in these to get better results. But you should put 500-1000 down the tube first[and use permatex anti-seize with grease/light oil in that order]Good Luck

Do you mean put the 500 - 1k PRIOR to changing out he hammer and removing the FPB? And where do I use the anti-seize? Is the Combat model SA only? Thanks for the help.

That's true. They copied the cz-75. EAA, Baby Eagle. Just a copy of the CZ.

There is also the Armalite AR24.

But none of them are really "copies", but variations. The witness offers the advantage (in the large frame) of caliber conversions between many different calibers on one frame, the AR24 utilizes a poly rifling barrel, and the Baby Eagle adds a little more heft to it (and poly barrels on some).

Im a huge CZ fan, but am also a fan of the EAAs and AR24s.

I really liked the Baby Eagle I used to have but did not care for the safety on the slide. I see a lot of similarities between the BE and the CZ however.

That is one of the major reasons I dont like the baby eagle (safety location), but other than that the two guns are very similar, with quite a few parts interchangeable. Major design differences are in the frame (much more bulk on the BE) and the poly rifling barrel. But IMO if you really want a poly rifled barrel, I'd go with the AR24.

But if you liked the Baby Eagle, then you're bound to like the CZ-75/85 guns

But if you liked the Baby Eagle, then you're bound to like the CZ-75/85 guns
That helps a lot.. Other than not liking the safety location I had the compact version and the only thing that saved it was the finger extension on the mag. If I had the full-sized I would probably still have it but I came out way ahead on a trade deal. I have been shopping for a new nine but the first condition is it has to be all steel. I have nothing against poly or alloy (owned both) but I prefer the feel of all steel and that narrows the market.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top