JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It shares much of the ergonomics of a CZ75, but is notably heavier. A little longer barrel/slide on the Shadow 2. So if the 75 fits your hand well (it does mine) you will like the Shadow 2 for range use.

Out of the box, my Shadow 2 was among, if not, the smoothest shooting 9mm I have. It is one of my favorites, for sure. I have a CZ 75 SAO that I did the Cajun Gun Works (CGW) pro package on, and upgraded the sights, which is another great shooter. This is the only other 9mm that I have that is close to as accurate/consistent for me as the Shadow 2.

On my Shadow 2, I did swap a couple of the stock parts for CGW upgrades (hammer, sear, and springs) which made it that much better. But honestly, it was a great shooter as delivered.

At sub $900, these are a real bargain IMO when you compare how little $500-$600 buys you today for a new handgun.

I've got the Shadow 2 SAO and like it very much, smooth, fast recovery with short reset, very accurate. My only complaint is more bragging and that's how hungery it is. I need more magazines and someone to keep filling them up for me.

I sold mine on here a couple of months ago, with a view to getting either a Prodigy or DWX with the funds…now having shot the former (nice enough) and caressed the latter, I'm thinking of picking up either the OR shadow for $1100 or the compact version for a bit more instead.
The CZ stock trigger isn't as good in SA as either the Prodigy or DWX, but it's still really good and, for me, the Shadow just feels better and points better than those. It was super smooth, more than quick enough on follow ups and shallow as this might sound, better looking.
They were excellent value at $1200. For $899 it'd be rude not to.

Last Edited:
Huge fan of the DWX compact but the cost vs features just isn't there (for me) since it doesn't come optics ready. I do like the 2011 style pistols and it's nice the SA prodigy has mag comparability with staccato. Which is nice if one ever decides to get a staccato later they would have mags for it already.

It is just really hard to beat the CZ shadow 2 at the price. Super accurate and easy to shoot fast. They are popular for a reason and the new CZ shadow 2 compact would be the one I would want. If it had been out when I purchased my p226 legion I might of went a different direction.

Last Edited:
I paid 16 for mine (optic ready) and I'd buy one again. My only real complaint is no rear slide serrations, but that's been remedied by CZ. I've owned a lot of pistols and this one is just right.......

Own a DWX, Shadow 2, A01 and SP01. The SP01 has a full cajun kit in it. The SP01 and Shadow 2 are my favorites and would be the last ones to go. Hard to beat the performance at the price point the Shadow 2 comes in at.

Own a DWX, Shadow 2, A01 and SP01. The SP01 has a full cajun kit in it. The SP01 and Shadow 2 are my favorites and would be the last ones to go. Hard to beat the performance at the price point the Shadow 2 comes in at.
What do you think of the ts2 version? It's $300 more. The one I saw doesn't have optics cut slide but does have SAO trigger. I don't care about the flared mag well. Those are the two differences I noticed but don't know much about it.

I take it you like CZ???

I only own a shadow 2 SA and a 75

What do you think of the ts2 version? It's $300 more. The one I saw doesn't have optics cut slide but does have SAO trigger. I don't care about the flared mag well. Those are the two differences I noticed but don't know much about it.
Owned a TS2 only as long as it took a buddy to talk me out of it. Didn't even own it long enough to get to the range. He wanted it bad and I already had the others so I let him purchase it for the price I paid. I was able to stack a coupon with a great price to begin with and picked up the TS2 for $1,100. I did end up shooting it at the range when my buddy offered and it shot exceptional. I might pick up another TS2 if the timing and pricing is right. Not sure it is worth the extra money over the Shadow 2 and would likely spend a little more and pick up another DWX and have it optics cut. That or use the saved money and add some Cajun Gunworks goodies to a Shadow 2.

Anyone looking for a CZ, Oak Hill Guns out of PA has consistently offered excellent pricing as standard. They may not always have better pricing than a sale going on but they usually have some of the cheapest standard pricing.

Anyone looking for a CZ, Oak Hill Guns out of PA has consistently offered excellent pricing as standard. They may not always have better pricing than a sale going on but they usually have some of the cheapest standard pricing.
I would advise avoiding Oak Hill Guns at all costs. Yes I have done business with them. Never again. Google Oak Hill Ventures and read the reviews.

I haven't seen the Shadow 2 under $900 like others have said, but if it is I have more of a dilemma than I thought. I was pretty sold on the K-12 Sport. But if the price is almost the same which one would you choose?

I haven't seen the Shadow 2 under $900 like others have said, but if it is I have more of a dilemma than I thought. I was pretty sold on the K-12 Sport. But if the price is almost the same which one would you choose?
No question for me between those 2. And I love the looks of k-12 sport. My understanding is k-12 sport reset is very long based on video reviews only. Blue shadow 2 was $872 for Black Friday. now the cheapest I see at a legit online place (not locked-loaded Fe) is $925 (blue). Optics ready is $1099 and ts2 is $1299. Don't know price on orange I think maybe $1629?

Last Edited:
About a year ago I could only find them around the $1300 mark, so that should tell you they're clearing them out for one reason or another...

About a year ago I could only find them around the $1300 mark, so that should tell you they're clearing them out for one reason or another...
Maybe they are going to come out with a shadow 3? Who knows...

FF31F0F5-C3B0-4A11-B11E-F6B6C8796BB5.jpeg

Lots of really good guns for under $1k, threaded barrels and tall sights so I think having an optics cut is now a standard feature, rather than a pricey extra.
Maybe CZ will phase out the non OR shadow 2 and have the OR as the entry model at about $1100...