JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What is sr version? Is trigger curved like on a cz 75? I mean curved from left side of gun to right side, not top to bottom. My biggest complaint about cz 75s is the lack of a flat contact surface. For me wide flat trigger is better than curved (side to side curve not the big curve from top to bottom, I don't care about that).

SR version is suppressor ready.

Just saw this one.

That's a good one. Roseburg too far though with gas prices.
Someone is selling a SR version here. Great deal!

As for your question, if i understand well, i do not believe it is curved side to side, i recall it having a flat landing. Maybe the actual DUTY models (P-07), which have a more pronounced curved trigger might have that typical 75 trigger you mentioned.
That would be good with flat landing. Cz 75 has a curved trigger from side to side drives me nuts. I don't know why all triggers aren't made flat (side to side I mean) and wide. Its simple physics. The wider and flatter the landing part is the less susceptible the gun is to be influenced by trigger finger motion/pressure that is not 100% backwards.

Here is a wonderful trigger despite it being plastic! Totally flat from side to side and wide. Easy to get a perfect trigger pull every time cuz really hard to get any movement side to side.

614D9856-A0E4-40F2-B27B-D8EBE67EB339.jpeg
My p938 stock trigger is curved similar to cz75. Although it's a decent SA trigger I put a trigger shoe on it and it makes all the difference. Even in demanding situations it's hard to not get a really good trigger pull when it's so wide and flat.
156211DF-4D0E-4B9A-B3FE-0C314A92CD66.jpeg

That $300 price you mentioned would be worth it. That's less than I just paid for ppks .22. I looked at grab-a-gun shipping and it's $10 so $379 shipped. $300 for a new one I would most likely buy one. May not go on sale again though in time cuz m114 appeal is coming up soon.

Last Edited:
That's a good one. Roseburg too far though with gas prices.

That would be good with flat landing. Cz 75 has a curved trigger from side to side drives me nuts. I don't know why all triggers aren't made flat (side to side I mean) and wide. Its simple physics. The wider and flatter the landing part is the less susceptible the gun is to be influenced by trigger finger motion/pressure that is not 100% backwards.

Here is a wonderful trigger despite it being plastic! Totally flat from side to side and wide. Easy to get a perfect trigger pull every time cuz really hard to get any movement side to side.

View attachment 1814032
My p938 stock trigger is curved similar to cz75. Although it's a decent SA trigger I put a trigger shoe on it and it makes all the difference. Even in demanding situations it's hard to not get a really good trigger pull when it's so wide and flat.
View attachment 1814041

That $300 price you mentioned would be worth it. That's less than I just paid for ppks .22. I looked at grab-a-gun shipping and it's $10 so $379 shipped. $300 for a new one I would most likely buy one. May not go on sale again though in time cuz m114 appeal is coming up soon.
Unfortunately semi auto pistols do not typically have flat ridged triggers. Ask if the seller will ship and the cost to do so or to meet halfway. DM them! Most pistol do not really get shot too much to ake a difference. I have been buying complete slides and extras off GB just to have around.

Unfortunately semi auto pistols do not typically have flat ridged triggers. Ask if the seller will ship and the cost to do so or to meet halfway. DM them! Most pistol do not really get shot too much to ake a difference. I have been buying complete slides and extras off GB just to have around.
I noticed palmetto has Walther ccp m2 on clearance for $329. That's tempting cuz it's fixed barrel gas delay blowback like the HK P7. Only 8 round mag though. It would be cool if they made that gas delay and fixed barrel in a full size. They might I don't know.

I noticed palmetto has Walther ccp m2 on clearance for $329. That's tempting cuz it's fixed barrel gas delay blowback like the HK P7. Only 8 round mag though. It would be cool if they made that gas delay and fixed barrel in a full size. They might I don't know.
Gonna look into that one. Similar to the PPK and SIG P232, which i have.

Gonna look into that one. Similar to the PPK and SIG P232, which i have.
M2 is easier to field strip than original which required a special tool. Softer recoil sue to gas delay but smaller gun so there's that. Sootch00 on YouTube has a review of it. Seems to me it had a longer reset on the trigger but also seemed more accurate than it should be for that size. As I recall anyway.

Anybody ever shoot a CZ p-10? Reviews are very positive about its striker fired trigger. Not sure how interested I am in these but kinda thinking of getting p-10 or p-09 before the M114 door slams shut. Also price is low.

Anybody ever shoot a CZ p-10? Reviews are very positive about its striker fired trigger. Not sure how interested I am in these but kinda thinking of getting p-10 or p-09 before the M114 door slams shut. Also price is low.
The P-10 is like most striker fired pistols. It feels more like a glock trigger than a walther striker fired trigger. I would rate factory striker fired triggers as follows, best to worst: Walther, HK, Sig, CZ, Glock. The CZ P-09 on the other hand I think is an excellent value for the sale prices I have been seeing the last couple months on them. Seen them as cheap as $299 shipped. Out of the box the P-09 has a very respectable factory trigger in both single and double action. You also have the option with the P-09 of dropping in Cajun parts if you ever want to dabble with upgrades.

The P-10 is like most striker fired pistols. It feels more like a glock trigger than a walther striker fired trigger. I would rate factory striker fired triggers as follows, best to worst: Walther, HK, Sig, CZ, Glock. The CZ P-09 on the other hand I think is an excellent value for the sale prices I have been seeing the last couple months on them. Seen them as cheap as $299 shipped. Out of the box the P-09 has a very respectable factory trigger in both single and double action. You also have the option with the P-09 of dropping in Cajun parts if you ever want to dabble with upgrades.
Great info thx! This got me going down the hk vp9 rabbit hole. So much more $ though that it once again approaches shadow 2 $ territory which is a no go due to other purchases.

I suppose I should just go to safe fire in camas where they have an open rental you can shoot any rental gun you want within the hour. It's hard to get trigger info. It seems like. So your post is very helpful.

I recently got a Walther sp22 which is a striker fired 22 target pistol. That trigger is incredibly good. By far the best I've ever felt on any .22. Around 2.5 lbs and a dream.

Great info thx! This got me going down the hk vp9 rabbit hole. So much more $ though that it once again approaches shadow 2 $ territory which is a no go due to other purchases.

I suppose I should just go to safe fire in camas where they have an open rental you can shoot any rental gun you want within the hour. It's hard to get trigger info. It seems like. So your post is very helpful.

I recently got a Walther sp22 which is a striker fired 22 target pistol. That trigger is incredibly good. By far the best I've ever felt on any .22. Around 2.5 lbs and a dream.
Walther in my opinion has the striker fired trigger dialed in and combines it with excellent ergonomics. The only reason I can think that they haven't taken over more market share is that they are lacking in the looks department but then again, a Glock isn't exactly stylish. I have the Walther PPQ 22lr and it also has an excellent striker fired trigger, especially when you consider it is in a 22lr. Gun is very accurate and has run great suppressed.

I sold mine on here a couple of months ago, with a view to getting either a Prodigy or DWX with the funds…now having shot the former (nice enough) and caressed the latter, I'm thinking of picking up either the OR shadow for $1100 or the compact version for a bit more instead.
The CZ stock trigger isn't as good in SA as either the Prodigy or DWX, but it's still really good and, for me, the Shadow just feels better and points better than those. It was super smooth, more than quick enough on follow ups and shallow as this might sound, better looking.
They were excellent value at $1200. For $899 it'd be rude not to.
I saw a shadow at Tick Licker in Salem for $700, I felt very rude as I asked to handle it and then did not buy it. I am having major non-buying ragrets and nightly nightmares about my non-purchase. it is surely gone by now.

Last Edited:
Walther in my opinion has the striker fired trigger dialed in and combines it with excellent ergonomics. The only reason I can think that they haven't taken over more market share is that they are lacking in the looks department but then again, a Glock isn't exactly stylish. I have the Walther PPQ 22lr and it also has an excellent striker fired trigger, especially when you consider it is in a 22lr. Gun is very accurate and has run great suppressed.
I've been going down the rabbit hole for striker fired. Here are some striker fired ones I've found. Not a bad option in the bunch really imo as they are all great triggers based on research. But does p-10 have a better trigger than p-09? I have many hammer fired guns but only Glocks really for striker fired. But g34 with b&t USW chassis is absolute heaven in terms of accuracy due to stability not trigger (g34 has 4.5 lb Glock trigger, a bit lighter than other Glocks). Edit: forgot about p365x which is striker fired.

P-10 with threaded barrel.
ED7357F8-9311-43FC-A239-F27EE8E238CF.jpeg
Standard p-10
3DA1E03E-6EB4-411F-8F66-BF757AB9211B.png
6649C51B-9B92-4F5A-AB36-64E4FB206637.jpeg
6E6348B0-3AB5-4C07-81A1-E2E02E8D61C0.jpeg
Canik rival With red dot
0B6D26D5-A4A1-40B1-A1FD-C6362D8E8DAB.jpeg
Acubushing on barrel, 4 20 rd mags
0BF7049B-CA8C-4100-8F05-7F24BCD88241.jpeg
D518B994-F305-45E5-AC99-D690AB8B6CCF.jpeg

Last Edited:
I've been going down the rabbit hole for striker fired. Here are some striker fired ones I've found. Not a bad option in the bunch really imo as they are all great triggers based on research. But does p-10 have a better trigger than p-09? I have many hammer fired guns but only Glocks really for striker fired. But g34 with b&t is absolute heaven in terms of accuracy due to stability not trigger (g34 has 4.5 lb Glock trigger, a bit lighter than other Glocks).

P-10 with threaded barrel.
View attachment 1819291
Standard p-10
View attachment 1819292
View attachment 1819293
View attachment 1819294
Canik rival With red dot
View attachment 1819295
Acubushing on barrel, 4 20 rd mags
View attachment 1819296
View attachment 1819297
My opinion: CZ P-09 single action trigger is definitely better than the P10, double action due to the heavier trigger pull loses out to the P10 but that shouldn't be a knock to the double action on the P-09 which is very respectable in comparison to double action on other top tier examples like Sig P226.

I forgot all about the Canik as I have not owned one and only handled them a couple times. One example I did get to try the trigger and it was excellent. I probably wouldn't put it above the Walther but would place it at or above the HK VP9 and definitely above the SIg P320. I think the model I tried the trigger on was one of their lower tier competition oriented guns, price tag was in the $450-$550 range at Sportsmans a couple years ago. I would choose a Canik over the CZ P10 if we are talking play gun, truck gun, nightstand gun. I would probably go with the P10 if I was going to be carrying it as I feel it has a longer pedigree of performance and realiability. I don't make the reliability comment as a knock against Canik only that I am not familiar with their track record. Heck, even Taran Tactical is coming out with a Canik collaboration.

I have a P10C suppressor ready, a P09 suppressor ready, and a number of other CZ steel framed 9mms including a Shadow2. Had a Glock 34 prior.

I'm more a hammer fired fan. Liked the Glock 34, though. Also like my CZp10c, but I do get some irritation on my trigger finger if I'm firing a decent number of rounds in one session. The factory trigger shoe itself had some serrations or such that I didn't care for; swapped it out for an aftermarket (Cajun Gun Works, I think) and like it better. But still get some trigger slap with the reset (or something when firing). Don't remember this with my Glock 34.

Of the two CZ polymers I have, I prefer the trigger on my P09 to the P10C, but the 09 has the Cajun trigger upgrade parts in it. But neither are close to the Shadow2 or a couple other 75 series steel frame CZs I have upgraded with Cajun Gun Works and CZ Custom parts.

Do it! Have multiples of both and trust them completely. The trigger on the P10 is very crisp whereas the P09/07, some complain it needs finessing, well, it is a duty gun with race gun capabilities.

Do it! Have multiples of both and trust them completely. The trigger on the P10 is very crisp whereas the P09/07, some complain it needs finessing, well, it is a duty gun with race gun capabilities.
To add, it is worth noting that with the P10 series, you can buy the 10c and still run a 10f slide. The dust cover in the 10c frame is long enough to cease any gaps. If in reverse, the 10f frame will supercede the 10c slide but still functon. Unfortunately, the P-07 /P-09 do not have this known ability.

To add, it is worth noting that with the P10 series, you can buy the 10c and still run a 10f slide. The dust cover in the 10c frame is long enough to cease any gaps. If in reverse, the 10f frame will supercede the 10c slide but still functon. Unfortunately, the P-07 /P-09 do not have this known ability.
Do they make an extended barrel length version? I'm guessing no for this line but I don't know. I want the longest barrel I can get in any given gun like this.

Do they make an extended barrel length version? I'm guessing no for this line but I don't know. I want the longest barrel I can get in any given gun like this.
The longest i know of is a P10F SR. Put that on a 10c frame and it will look like a HK USP Mark 23. Lol.

Any longer will be custom.