JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What do you think of the ts2 version? It's $300 more. The one I saw doesn't have optics cut slide but does have SAO trigger. I don't care about the flared mag well. Those are the two differences I noticed but don't know much about it.
The TSO and TS2 are what CZ calls their large format magazine pistols. Not compatible with regular CZ75 mags that are cheap and abundant. I have shot a buddys TS2 and I own a Shadow 2 and a TSO. TS2/TSO is a bit more heavy, incredibly accurate, very fast shooting and a better trigger then the Shadow 2 with the TSO trigger being VERY light. The Shadow is a great value under 1k.

The TSO and TS2 are what CZ calls their large format magazine pistols. Not compatible with regular CZ75 mags that are cheap and abundant. I have shot a buddys TS2 and I own a Shadow 2 and a TSO. TS2/TSO is a bit more heavy, incredibly accurate, very fast shooting and a better trigger then the Shadow 2 with the TSO trigger being VERY light. The Shadow is a great value under 1k.
Great info thx! I didn't know about the mag differences. I already have a bunch of cz 75 mags for my Jericho. Not a critical factor but one to consider. Thx!

CZ is adding optic cuts to its full line next year, according to the CEO. The next stretch might be a good time to pick up a factory new CZ if optic cuts aren't important to you.

CZ is adding optic cuts to its full line next year, according to the CEO. The next stretch might be a good time to pick up a factory new CZ if optic cuts aren't important to you.
I kind of wish they would add the ability to attach a non moving red dot like the chezchmate and orange ts has. That would be sweet. It looks clumsy but in terms of function non-moving is ideal. My Glock 34 with b&t usw has a non moving red dot and I love it.
C6DD768D-8B2E-4853-AB09-FA9EA8BD5E41.jpeg
Edit: looking at the mount closer, seems like it's just three screws so perhaps a gunsmith could add the mount to any cz75 based gun? Would love to have that on my Jericho again in terms of function but it would destroy the looks.
C2FBE92B-D75F-4620-ADAB-684C5DFABE4D.png

Last Edited:
Do your research.
Which CZ 75?

The new TSOrange in 9mm or .40 cal has a Bull barrel by the way.

What are you going to use the Shadow 2 for?
Competition Gun? Plinking? Carry?

The Shadow 2 compact is awesome out of the box… you do loose the factory rear sight when you install an optic and you still need to buy a plate…. you should be able to buy a plate that has a rear sight on it for co-witness also. But it will be all you need for the most part unless your goal is competition specific.

If Co-witness is important to you could buy the CZ 75 P-01 and have the slide cut for direct mount of the Holosun EPS. Good carry gun and all around shooter. Close to the same specs as the SD2 with some different internal parts. You can set it up with a safety or a decocker… and then install the Cajon trigger and slide parts if you like to work on pistols.

Check out these links to get you further in your research. CZC is the best to deal with IMO. Yes you can save a few bucks if you shop around. However their Configurator lets you build it the way you want it for the most part. CZC will send out 10 round Mags for those of us that live in the states of ignorance.

The Shadow 2 OR you will be happier with in my opinion. CZC can bring it to the next level for about $900 more… with the barrel bushing trigger work and labor. You'll need a plate for that too… not sure about the configurator options for the Optic cut though… plate that is.

Think it through about what you really want. If you go through CZC the first time… you avoid the huge expense of additional shipping and insurance charges… and additional wait times and FFL fees.

Then there is the re-sell value. Unfortunately.. many of us who are very competent mechanically… who do our own pistol smithing… as would most competitive shooters… do not carry the same credibility as someone like CZC.

The P10F sc model Optic ready in the configurator is $488 plus usual fees. And I hear Holosun just came out with their SCS green dot that attaches directly to the slide.

Do your research.

Best

DFDC52F1-F26C-4E64-A90A-77B562090D12.jpeg 488563E8-B6A2-4449-90EC-BB5344778132.jpeg

Don't care what any y'alls say. I loooovve the P-09!! With a finessed trigger, it could be better, sure. I can hit steel at 75 yards, have not had chance to shoot pistols to 100yrds. Mine is stock!

I would get this Shadow 2 but it uses different mags than the the new CZ P-series.

If you wanted to go with a red dot…
You could have guncuts.com cut the slide for the EPS 6 for about $100… and it should cowitness with the factory sights on your P-09. Large window, lowest deck height, enclosed optic. Did that to my P-07 and am very happy with it.

I'm out of the cz shadow game. The only one I wanted was the ts2 (sao) which seems like a good buy at $1300. But ended up buying some other guns instead. With m114 appeal coming up there likely won't be anymore buying for many years I would guess.

If you wanted to go with a red dot…
You could have guncuts.com cut the slide for the EPS 6 for about $100… and it should cowitness with the factory sights on your P-09. Large window, lowest deck height, enclosed optic. Did that to my P-07 and am very happy with it.
Thanks. Was looking for an economical way to have my Fastfire 3 put on my 09 slide.

Don't care what any y'alls say. I loooovve the P-09!! With a finessed trigger, it could be better, sure. I can hit steel at 75 yards, have not had chance to shoot pistols to 100yrds. Mine is stock!

I would get this Shadow 2 but it uses different mags than the the new CZ P-series.
Check out the DWX full size or A01. Both use the P09 magazine platform though you may have to change base plates.

I don't know anything about the p-09 but $369 seems like a good price. Can't find any video talking about the trigger. Tons and tons of time spent on stuff that doesn't matter but most important thing they hardly even mention. I wonder how does cz p-09 trigger compare to ts2 2.5 lb single action trigger?

Last Edited:
I don't know anything about the p-09 but $369 seems like a good price. Can't find any video talking about the trigger. Tons and tons of time spent on stuff that doesn't matter but most important thing they hardly even mention. I wonder how does cz p-09 trigger compare to ts2 2.5 lb single action trigger?

I do not have a race gun but five P-09s. I find the SA of the 09 to be great enough for me. I am willing to say the the 2 are apples and oranges because one is designed for duty and the other is for competition. I am sure the TS2 is sweet but i leave my 09s stock but will do a McCarbo trigger job on one of 09s just to try, that and an optics cut. Nothing more.

These were $299 for over a month, fairly recently!! You can pick up the SR version here for $400 from a member.

These were $299 for over a month, fairly recently!! You can pick up the SR version here for $400 from a member.
What is sr version? Is trigger curved like on a cz 75? I mean curved from left side of gun to right side, not top to bottom. My biggest complaint about cz 75s is the lack of a flat contact surface. For me wide flat trigger is better than curved (side to side curve not the big curve from top to bottom, I don't care about that).

What is sr version? Is trigger curved like on a cz 75? I mean curved from left side of gun to right side, not top to bottom. My biggest complaint about cz 75s is the lack of a flat contact surface. For me wide flat trigger is better than curved (side to side curve not the big curve from top to bottom, I don't care about that).
Someone is selling a SR version here. Great deal!

As for your question, if i understand well, i do not believe it is curved side to side, i recall it having a flat landing. Maybe the actual DUTY models (P-07), which have a more pronounced curved trigger might have that typical 75 trigger you mentioned.

Just saw this one.