JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Problem solved, make it so #1. :D
Engage!

Picard_Engage.jpg

We're just lying in the shadows, under trees and rocks, waitin' for you to chum the waters, Jim... :D

;)We'll where do I begin with this trip???
A month or so ago I got a bite from a member here, funny thing is, it was a suggestion for a trade for some powder I mentioned previously on another thread of which I can't really remember… What did I have for breakfast??? :s0153:

Anyways the trip was set up a while ago and a week till the day I scoured the weather sources and the 15th was going to be an absolute disaster so we changed the date to the 16th. Thank Gawd we did cuz the boat would have filled up from the downpours that happened…
:eek::eek::eek:

At 5 am the duck starts a quackin (it's about the only ringtone that wakes me from a dead sleep, that and Mrs Caveman's elbow when I don't stir)
I'm on the road in 45 mins (a record for me). Sunshine snuffed out by fog that I'm almost positive will burn off very soon and blind me as I drive East into it. No traffic, not even one slow poke or slowdowns.o_O I'm really thinking that this is some kind of a fluke but hoped for the best.
I WAS RIGHT but so glad that I didn't forget the prescription Oakleys…. I was gonna need em and my sun hat!!!!

I met Mr and Mrs. @2ndtimer at the ramp about 15 minutes early. Was looking at 1.5-2' wind waves and thought "we're gonna need a bigger boat" but knew the 18' Jetcraft Yukon would handle it nicely (unlike the rodeo trip with @Thomas_Gunne a few months earlier). :eek:

We motored to the killing fields slowly to get acquainted, had a brief safety briefing and what to expect once we arrive and git to fishin…
First and foremost, there should ALWAYS be a butt in the Captains chair if not his own. Things get dicey when navigation is taken for granted.

Once we located the first school, the action was pretty much constant with a 20-30 minute lull to give ole Caveman's back a break (because the two stacked lines were tangled up and couldn't catch squat). :oops::oops::oops:
Another reason to check them lines occasionally that aren't getting bit…

Mrs. 2ndtimer did a stellar job, listening, following my directions and reeling in the first half dozen 14-18" fish… THEY WERE HUGGEEEEE!!! These fish are growing very fast and man alive they are a great fight using my Lamiglas Classic Glass Kokanee rods!!!!
Next up Mr. @2ndtimer takes a break from the helm to get in on the action and seemed to enjoy it greatly. We had more bites than Carter had liver pills, we let the 3 little guys live for another day and lost a half dozen or more right at the boat… It's heart breaking to see the big fish give you the fin and swim away….
The wind did finally lay down probably about 11-12 and it got warm but we were still in the fish and limited out with 15 fish by 1pm. There was a mix of LL Coho, rainbows and Triploid rainbows.
All in all it was a great birthday present for
Mrs. 2ndtimer, I'm pleased that she enjoyed a day of fishing catching and learning how to troll for the tastiest fish in the lake.
That's to be expected it was such a fantastic and action packed day I didn't take very many pictures at all but here's a crappy one that tells the tale.;)

73CE6B5C-748B-48C1-987B-7831962D38C8.jpeg

Last Edited:
;)We'll where do I begin with this trip???
A month or so ago I got a bite from a member here, funny thing is, it was a suggestion for a trade for some powder I mentioned previously on another thread of which I can't really remember… What did I have for breakfast??? :s0153:

Anyways the trip was set up a while ago and a week till the day I scoured the weather sources and the 15th was going to be an absolute disaster so we changed the date to the 16th. Thank Gawd we did cuz the boat would have filled up from the downpours that happened…
:eek::eek::eek:

At 5 am the duck starts a quackin (it's about the only ringtone that wakes me from a dead sleep, that and Mrs Caveman's elbow when I don't stir)
I'm on the road in 45 mins (a record for me). Sunshine snuffed out by fog that I'm almost positive will burn off very soon and blind me as I drive East into it. No traffic, not even one slow poke or slowdowns.o_O I'm really thinking that this is some kind of a fluke but hoped for the best.
I WAS RIGHT but so glad that I didn't forget the prescription Oakleys…. I was gonna need em and my sun hat!!!!

I met Mr and Mrs. @2ndtimer at the ramp about 15 minutes early. Was looking at 1.5-2' wind waves and thought "we're gonna need a bigger boat" but knew the 18' Jetcraft Yukon would handle it nicely (unlike the rodeo trip with @Thomas_Gunne a few months earlier). :eek:

We motored to the killing fields slowly to get acquainted, had a brief safety briefing and what to expect once we arrive and git to fishin…
First and foremost, there should ALWAYS be a butt in the Captains chair if not his own. Things get dicey when navigation is taken for granted.

Once we located the first school, the action was pretty much constant with a 20-30 minute lull to give ole Caveman's back a break (because the two stacked lines were tangled up and couldn't catch squat). :oops::oops::oops:
Another reason to check them lines occasionally that aren't getting bit…

Mrs. 2ndtimer did a stellar job, listening, following my directions and reeling in the first half dozen 14-18" fish… THEY WERE HUGGEEEEE!!! These fish are growing very fast and man alive they are a great fight using my Lamiglas Classic Glass Kokanee rods!!!!
Next up Mr. @2ndtimer takes a break from the helm to get in on the action and seemed to enjoy it greatly. We had more bites than Carter had liver pills, we let the 3 little guys live for another day and lost a half dozen or more right at the boat… It's heart breaking to see the big fish give you the fin and swim away….
The wind did finally lay down probably about 11-12 and it got warm but we were still in the fish and limited out with 15 fish by 1pm. There was a mix of LL Coho, rainbows and Triploid rainbows.
All in all it was a great birthday present for
Mrs. 2ndtimer, I'm pleased that she enjoyed a day of fishing catching and learning how to troll for the tastiest fish in the lake.
That's to be expected it was such a fantastic and action packed day I didn't take very many pictures at all but here's a crappy one that tells the tale.;)

View attachment 975610
Can't thank Caveman Jim enough for what was one of my wife's best birthdays ever! If anyone else wants to catch some awesome fish and have a great time visiting, don't pass up an opportunity with Jim.
Thanks again for an amazing day that we won't ever forget.

77A478B7-0186-4EF9-B0B1-E7D358EF10E3.jpeg

Can't thank Caveman Jim enough for what was one of my wife's best birthdays ever! If anyone else wants to catch some awesome fish and have a great time visiting, don't pass up an opportunity with Jim.
Thanks again for an amazing day that we won't ever forget.

View attachment 975615
My Wifey and I are next I believe! We're pretty stoked to get out of hell for a couple of days. We're getting a small cabin near the lake and coming up the day before so's I don't have to drive the 21/2 hours late in the day after being up butt ugly to get at the ramp early. THOSE kind of fishin' days are over for us!

New thread, "Share your exploits on the water."
There was this time at Prineville Reservoir that my ex and I found a very secluded cove, dropped anchor, and looked to see if anybody else was around................................................................................................................................... Uh, the rest is TMI.

My Wifey and I are next I believe! We're pretty stoked to get out of hell for a couple of days. We're getting a small cabin near the lake and coming up the day before so's I don't have to drive the 21/2 hours late in the day after being up butt ugly to get at the ramp early. THOSE kind of fishin' days are over for us!
Well sad to say Mike you guys are not the next in line for a trip. My son-in-law and his good friend talked me into braving the Father's Day weekend crowd for a fishing trip. I told him we're going to have to leave my place at 3:30 to get down there and get in line at the gate that opens at 5:30 which is going to be an adventure in itself… :eek:

That being said I am looking forward to our adventure on the water. We're going to be having some days with 100+degree weather and caveman's going to find a cave to hide in.

Well sad to say Mike you guys are not the next in line for a trip. My son-in-law and his good friend talked me into braving the Father's Day weekend crowd for a fishing trip. I told him we're going to have to leave my place at 3:30 to get down there and get in line at the gate that opens at 5:30 which is going to be an adventure in itself… :eek:

That being said I am looking forward to our adventure on the water. We're going to be having some days with 100+degree weather and caveman's going to find a cave to hide in.
Just don't you catch all the fish! Hey, if you believe the weather reports that far out, there's supposed to be some clouds and cooler weather when we come up. :s0155:

Oh boy, I didn't mention the big C130 water dipper that flew within a couple hundred feet of the boat did I?
It came from my deaf ear side and it was such a loud roar that I turned around and was saying WTF is that then I saw it!!! :eek: :eek::eek:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top