JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well now that I replaced all the bearings on the boat trailer I'm good for at least another year of hauling the Bloody Decks to the lake...:D

Next up I've set up a trip on August 1st with a brother from another forum that helped me out with some powder locally and hand delivered it...:s0115::s0115::s0115:

I asked him if there is anyone that he would like to bring along and he said his wife loves to fish but he really hadn't gotten the bug.... Yet. :s0112::s0112::s0112:

The Saga continues...;)

Well today's excursion is with my son-in-law and his friend Larry, we hit the water about 9 o'clock and it's about 11:40 right now, we have 10 fish in the ice bath and hoping we can get another limit of five before 12:30 so we can get off the water, it's hot out today...:)

Last Edited:
Well today's excursion is with my son-in-law and his friend Larry, we hit the water about 9 o'clock and it's about 11:40 right now, we have 10 fish in the ice bath and hoping we can get another limit of five before 12:30 so we can get off the water, it's hot out today...:)
Well we gave it a great shot but ended the day with one shy of 3 limits (15), 14 fish.

I told the SIL that if he wanted to be a great fisherman (like me) he's gonna have to get up a lot earlier. :s0112::s0112::s0112:

Last Edited:
Another great day on the water with plenty of fish in the lake but they made me work for the three limits.They definitely weren't where I left them last Saturday!!!:D:D:D

I had to do a lot of figgerin to track them down but they could not hide from the FV Bloody Decks.:cool:
It was fast an furious at times and time to rest up from the Downrigger workouts. :p:p:p

Fishing on the weekends is definitely not what I like to do but for good friends and family I'll bite my lip at the boat ramps... Although I do enjoy cleaned the days catch there it is an absolute ZOO on the weekends, sorry but no pics of cordwood fish on the cleaning table.:oops:

3F433527-3AAC-4C54-A26C-EE10FA353A18.jpeg
Yes, his hands are HUGEEEEEE...:p:p:p
5CA7DF50-1AE2-41FD-BD0A-FD9E48F13B28.jpeg

'Twas another stellar day on the lake with @Thomas_Gunne, he is getting proficient on the downriggers.;)
@Slobray couldn't make it due to unforeseen circumstances but was kept informed with texts this morning. At least you were here in spirit brother!!!;)
We started off at 7:30, it was slow and I was fish less for the first 45 minutes as it was steady on the starboard side but not the Port (mine) and I was not getting any fishy action...o_Oo_Oo_O
That changed quickly after the first 3 slimerockets hit the ice bath as I had a couple of doubles and the action stayed steady till we limited at 9:57.:)

I really enjoyed sleeping in til 6:15 this morning versus waking at 4:30 to make this trip.:D:D:D

Who wants to join me in the morning or in the afternoon?
You know you want to so so call yer boss and cough into the phone then get on the road.:p:p:p

Todays adventure was a cookie cutter day with @Thomas_Gunne joining me at 7:30ish to again put limits in the boat, this time by 9:25.:p
Did I mention that he is hooked???:D

The quarry we found today were 5 fat Kokanee, 4 rainbow triploids and the big fish of the day was a 14" landlocked silver. The Kokes and silver were below the trout at 80-100' deep OTW (on the wire) on the north side by the dam.

I may get to do a solo trip in the morning if Mrs. Caveman doesn't want to get up at 6 am to join me...:D:D:D

Todays adventure was a cookie cutter day with @Thomas_Gunne joining me at 7:30ish to again put limits in the boat, this time by 9:25.:p
Did I mention that he is hooked???:D

The quarry we found today were 5 fat Kokanee, 4 rainbow triploids and the big fish of the day was a 14" landlocked silver. The Kokes and silver were below the trout at 80-100' deep OTW (on the wire) on the north side by the dam.

I may get to do a solo trip in the morning if Mrs. Caveman doesn't want to get up at 6 am to join me...:D:D:D

Oh boy, shout out to Caveman Jim. He has that lake scoped out and down to a science. If you can make the time I highly recommend going out on the lake with Caveman.

I pan fried a humoungus silver we caught today over a fir campfire. It really doesn't get any better for a grouchy old man. Thanks again, Caveman, EPIC fishing this week!! :s0071:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top