JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That sounds like that's gonna be a h00t with those two! :s0155:
They always seem to have such a fun time from what I've seen posted on this board.

Well as expected, another excellent trip to my favorite lake. Was good to finally meet @HighlandLofts and his nine-year-old grandson, which we may have overworked him today because I"we made him reel in almost every fish.
We lost eight but we put 15 in the ice bath and that, my friends is a record for this year on the FV Bloody Decks!!!!:s0143:

Share some of those pictures because I was too busy on the downrigger's to take any
. It's all good, I had a good workout today and I guarantee that I will sleep so good tonight.:p

Thanks for a good time guys and hope to see y'all when you come back down in July.:D

62F5AF18-A5FC-4822-BEB8-BC7C1FC51CBB.jpeg
Not pretty but like I said I was a little busy doing other things. LOL
EC898343-4B3D-4D78-A3BF-CCD2E45C23E1.jpeg

Well today's adventure included @Slobray and @Thomas_Gunne for a reunion trip (we fished together last year or was it 2 years ago?).o_O
The launch was bare this morning at 6:45, was fearing the worst with a parking lot full of weekend warriors.:s0140::s0140::s0140:

We arrived to the killing fields only to find a few short biters and not the carnage that we were expecting.:eek::eek::eek:

Even the reverse NASCAR maneuvering lacked a constant bite of yesteryear so I trolled back to the GPS coordinates from my last trip. Marking fish at 60' but only found a few that didn't commit to finding cooler waters like in the FV. Bloody Decks ice bath. Their loss...:p:p:p

On one occasion, Ray had yet to put the top rod in the downrigger when it got slammed hard and about went overboard but Supper Caveman sprang to the rescue, grabbed the rod and fought it valiantly, I believe it was the only one I reeled in today. I was trying to put these guys on fish so too busy to try and muscle my way to the rod before those guys...They were lightning quick on a bite.:s0143::s0143::s0143:

'Twas an awesome morning of catching and a successful trip with 5 apiece by 11:30. Not too shabby with back to back 3 person limits for the Bloody Deck. Thanks guys for fishing (catching) with me again, a :s0023::s0023::s0023:

Congrats on your retirement Ray, thank you for your service!!!:s0042:

4EB7E9B6-85D8-4528-A53B-369D7224C061.jpeg 606A8E26-2CED-4189-A22E-BD921E2A0F04.jpeg
Where's Caveman????

4C0394E0-D2F2-451E-B9E1-6FDAF4D7313D.jpeg

Well today's adventure included @Slobray and @Thomas_Gunne for a reunion trip (we fished together last year or was it 2 years ago?).o_O
The launch was bare this morning at 6:45, was fearing the worst with a parking lot full of weekend warriors.:s0140::s0140::s0140:

We arrived to the killing fields only to find a few short biters and not the carnage that we were expecting.:eek::eek::eek:

Even the reverse NASCAR maneuvering lacked a constant bite of yesteryear so I trolled back to the GPS coordinates from my last trip. Marking fish at 60' but only found a few that didn't commit to finding cooler waters like in the FV. Bloody Decks ice bath. Their loss...:p:p:p

On one occasion, Ray had yet to put the top rod in the downrigger when it got slammed hard and about went overboard but Supper Caveman sprang to the rescue, grabbed the rod and fought it valiantly, I believe it was the only one I reeled in today. I was trying to put these guys on fish so too busy to try and muscle my way to the rod before those guys...They were lightning quick on a bite.:s0143::s0143::s0143:

'Twas an awesome morning of catching and a successful trip with 5 apiece by 11:30. Not too shabby with back to back 3 person limits for the Bloody Deck. Thanks guys for fishing (catching) with me again, a :s0023::s0023::s0023:

Congrats on your retirement Ray, thank you for your service!!!:s0042:

View attachment 717736View attachment 717737
Where's Caveman????

View attachment 717738

Yeah, it was a great day on the water.
It's kinda hard to believe that we still limited out, even after the dozen or so that I lost............

Thank you.

Ray

I fished with an acquaintance Friday and had a really good time, we hadn't talked in a long while and was great getting reacquainted with him. He's looking into retirement so I may have a good fishing partner because he too has a boat...:s0140::s0140::s0140:
As far as the fishing went, is sucked... We couldn't keep the lines in the water long enough to enjoy a cup o coffee,,,:s0001::s0001::s0001: It took us only 2 1/2 hours to get both our limits (a new record for the FV Bloody Deck) and we released some shakers and lost about half a dozen...:p:p:p

Was all a great time, sold some brass to another fisherman that met me at the ramp.
The drive back to the cave was uneventful until I pulled into a fuel store around Oakville and a guy filling his rig said "did you know your trailer bearing is smoking"!!!:eek::eek::eek:
Sure enough the wheel was covered with bearing grease, it was hotter than a popcorn fart in August and my bearing buddy was MIA!!!:eek::eek::eek:
I had to get home at a certain time so informed the cashier that I had to leave the crippled boat for a few hours. No problem he said, we have cameras & will keep an eye on it so my friend helped load a lot of costly gear into the back seat & off we went.
Once we returned it took an hour to replace one race and two new bearings, It was just like I was back in the motor pool some 40 years ago...:p:p:p

Last Edited:
We had a great time with Jim fishing, first time for my grandson to go fishing on a boat. That water is really deep down by the dam. Most of the fish were around 40, 45 feet down.
Jim is a great host and fun to talk to. I am looking forward to getting down there again for another fishing excursion.

At home cleaning the fish.
20200626_191644.jpg

Jim & Mason with one of the first fish of the day.
20200626_082919.jpg

The biggest fish just over 14 inches.
20200626_192331.jpg

Mason had a full day out on the water, we launched around 7:30 and returned to load the boat around 1pm.
We stopped by the Pilot Truck Stop for some lunch and as soon as i got back onto I-5 he was sound a sleep.
20200626_151954.jpg

Thank you Jim, i should have a week off in the begining of August, I will let you know when we can make it back down there.
Pat

You really got yourself a "Gotta come down from the mountain" beard trim there didn't you? Feels good after wearing all that hair on your face for so long Doesn't it? :D

Always enjoy the stories and pics Jim. :s0155:

You really got yourself a "Gotta come down from the mountain" beard trim there didn't you? Feels good after wearing all that hair on your face for so long Doesn't it? :D

Always enjoy the stories and pics Jim. :s0155:

Yeah I really did cut her down a tad eh?
I sure wish I'd kept it because I would've trained it to grow up over my face so the snowflakes wouldn't give me g when I didn't have a mask on....:D

I'm happy that I can supply knowledge, experience and a good natured story to those who seek guidance with fishing. Truthfully, it's my way of giving back for those that taught me how to fish.:D

Okay. I have seen the good members of this forum do some cool stuff for others, but this takes the top spot. Kudos to you Caveman. If I can ever coodinate my and my sin's schedule, I will be calling!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews