JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
*EDIT* I've done some checking into this rally and it's not just for gun rights. It's also a platform for a "Senate Candidate" whose affiliations and views I cannot in good conscience support. I may be down there to view the spectacle but I won't be associating nor demonstrating.

Hey all wet-siders! Getting word about an OC rally May 20 (Sunday) at Westlake Park in the heart of Seattle's beautiful Downtown Homeless District. We gotta get out and show we're peaceful, law-abiding citizens who will not cave in to ill-conceived, emotional and illogical restrictions of our Rights. Would love to meet some fellow NWFA denizens as well!

Last Edited:
I think this might be a bad idea.... People did this in CA and all ot did is get OC banned such makes CC more risky. As well as making range trips more annoying.

I think a way to do this would be to OC something so dumb, that it got news coverage, and was humerous and informative, as opposed to just being in your face "here are the laws! Suck it!"

Kind of like the dumb students that carried dildoes on campus, except it wouldn't be attacking anyone, and would have to actually be funny. Even the dildoes got news coverage, but their message was stupid.

Maybe OC a toy pink bow and arrows or something, or bubbleguns. I dunno .

Just get a bunch of people together with jeeps and drive down there with hilifts attached to the hoods. They would think they were being invaded. All these big cities would cave to a invasion and probably help the enemy. Wwwooollllvvveeerrrriiinnneesss!

I don't think this is a good idea. Other than I understand that people have the Right to do this, I personally don't like Open Carry, even if I'm out in the woods. As a former LEO I think that's who should be carrying openly.

On top of that I have a WAC Gunshow in Puyallup this weekend. So I won't be going, anyway.

I don't think this is a good idea. Other than I understand that people have the Right to do this, I personally don't like Open Carry, even if I'm out in the woods. As a former LEO I think that's who should be carrying openly.

On top of that I have a WAC Gunshow in Puyallup this weekend. So I won't be going, anyway.
Just curious, why no OC in the woods?

I usually use a HPG chest pack anyway, but "innawoods" is usually the main use case for OC.

Borrow a bunch of muskets from Andy. Make shift slings and throw them over your back.

Your favorite hunting rifle.

No evil black rifles.

Make them think about that. :)

Just curious, why no OC in the woods?

I usually use a HPG chest pack anyway, but "innawoods" is usually the main use case for OC.
Unfortunately, there's too many of the Antis in the woods these days. I've been carrying concealed for 50 years now and I just find it's simple and easy to do. I believe in "Carrying" the same way and the same thing even in the woods. Now maybe if I were going out Hunting with a Handgun but I don't do that very often.

I agree with KKG.

Down in Portland a few years ago a couple guys OC'd AR's in the downtown core. It DID NOT achieve the intended results. The news media had a field day with the "look at the goons with assault weapons" spin.

Now, we have a bunch of neurotic "Portlandians" {the majority of the voter base} implanted with that image, and a gun ban headed for the ballot. I know Seattle has the same demographics {if not worse} so ask yourself if this is a really good idea.

The "Ban Bill" is headed your way next.​

Unfortunately, there's too many of the Antis in the woods these days. I've been carrying concealed for 50 years now and I just find it's simple and easy to do. I believe in "Carrying" the same way and the same thing even in the woods. Now maybe if I were going out Hunting with a Handgun but I don't do that very often.

Hmm. I don't disagree with you, although I usually try to hike in less popular areas. I have never had anyone say anything or even seem to notice the g20 on my hip in a nice leather holster. Now, when I hike hear Seattle, I definitly conceal!

The only person that once seemed to notice was a shifty dude. I am glad he saw it and kept to his own business.

It is much more comfortable to OC the g20 than to try and wear it IWB or in the chest pack pulling down on my neck.

It is much more comfortable to OC the g20 than to try and wear it IWB or in the chest pack pulling down on my neck.
I guess since I don't use an IWB (ever) and I find a good leather OWB holster, on a good belt also leather, very comfortable, well, it's something that just works for me.

Leather isn't high speed enough for us young guys ;) /s
You might not say that if you had ever watched one of us Old F*rts pulling a pre-Model 29 out of a good old fashioned Hoyt Front Break Holster! More than once I used to "Draw & Shoot" mine before Other Shooters were even able to simply "Turn & Shoot" a Gun that was already in their Hand! Yes, it can be done! That was always some easy Beer money.:):):)

You might not say that if you had ever watched one of us Old F*rts pulling a pre-Model 29 out of a good old fashioned Hoyt Front Break Holster! More than once I used to "Draw & Shoot" mine before Other Shooters were even able to simply "Turn & Shoot" a Gun that was already in their Hand! Yes, it can be done! That was always some easy Beer money.:):):)

I had to look that up. Looks like the idea has been modernized :)

HELLWEG S&W 4" COMPETITION REVOLVER HOLSTER - LAWGEAR Security & Law Enforcement Equipment Gear.

Competition Holster

I sometimes carry a pistol to go along with my bear spray (and rifle of course) when I'm hunting. Last year this guy came by just a few hours after I set up the camera. Next picture after that is my footprint, deer footprint, cougar footprint. The area I was hunting was covered in bear tracks too. I had originally thought I'd sleep out there so the only noise I'd make getting into position would be a yawn or two, but after seeing the bear tracks, I pussed out. The cougar was just icing on the cake:

cat.png

meDeerCougar.png

bear.png

I take no pleasure in saying this, but we have to think about the consequences of living in the real world. Open carry is just so provocative to most ordinary, non-gun-owning people today. It is also a source of panic to the general public, they see a gun under any circumstance and they freak out, "Call 911!" Open carry in the woods, okay; open carry in Westlake Center is an invitation to mayhem. From a practical standpoint, concealed carry in populated areas is much safer and unprovocative. Open carry in an urban area makes the carrier a target. Politically, this is not a good idea.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews