JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
give it a rest.....open carry hasnt worked for us...... the media will selectively post photos of the many mall ninjas among us and interviews of anti's to drag us thru the mud AGAIN.
wake up!

the cowboy approach makes the tough guys HERE feel all BADA$$, but since the majority of the country wont feel the same .............WE LOOSE AGAIN & of all the constructive approach's you choose to scare the crap out of the sheeple again........thanks and dont forget to vote democrat= gun confiscation again this upcoming:rolleyes:

As if somehow LEO is elevated above citizens, that's adorable.

I think he was saying that it makes sense for Leos to OC, due to their job and uniform ( as well as operating in a pack, eerr team) whereas it doesn't make tactical sense for a non-Leo to OC since they don't have backup, and your entire mindset is different when the gun is just part of your EDC and not a uniform.

Not that non-leos shouldn't be allowed to.

When I first started carrying about 25 years ago I thought It'd be neat to OC, I did it for about 6 months and the novelty wore off. The last 24.5 years I've CC'd mainly to keep the element of surprise, secondly I didn't want to be a target if something happened i.e. bad guy started shooting.

As an former-LEO I wanted good people to be armed in case I needed help and most (80%) rank & file guys still feel that way today.

All this to say, I don't begrudge a person who desire's to OC, but in my opinion you're giving up the stealth or "Gray-Man" that could greatly help you in a SHTF scenario.

The fact that people are so fearful or ashamed to open carry in Seattle just helps me understand who rules the roost in this part of the country. These people are trying to pass illegal measures to strip you of your gun rights. It is also what is inspiring me to leave the Northwest. I've just had it up to here with these endless measures to restrict and eventually confiscate my guns. In Oregon they have a ballot initiative that will make it illegal to own a firearm not licensed and approved by the state government. So, I guess the National Guard will be the ones having to knock down the doors and disarm people. I think open carry is a bright idea! Let them know what they will be going up against once they pass these treasonous measures that should never be even allowed to see the light of day. Passing such measures, would have been considered treason, once upon a time.

Normally, I would say don't open carry as you may intimidate the poor, timid people with your guns. Heck, I never open carry, unless I am out in the woods hiking. However, considering the fascists in Seattle are working very hard to strip you of your 2nd Amendment rights, I say screw them all.. If they don't like us marching around the streets open carrying, then tell them to stop violating our Constitution with Jim Crow style laws.

Black people marched in the streets of Birmingham, Atlanta, Memphis, etc in the 1960s during the Civil Rights era. What happened? They were attacked by dogs, sprayed with water cannons and some were shot dead. However, it was being pro-active and vigilant that helped them win their civil rights. So, I am sad to say, that it is being pro-active and in the faces of these tyrants to protect your civil liberties. If you don't get in their face, they will make laws and rules and then send the government after you when your backs are turned.

I say that people do hold the open carry rally and screw the fascist leeches in Seattle. The people are scared of guns, but don't mind mentally deranged homeless people shooting up drugs, defalcating on themselves and threatening them while walking down the street. Seriously, if a bunch of law-abiding people having a pro-gun rally terrifies them, but these deranged lunatics roaming all over the city doesn't, then you know you are in a real cesspool of a civilization.

What an open carry rally will do is let the New Age Nazis know that the people will be vigilant and won't be silenced.

However, I would not advocate just open carrying. Instead, I would carry large signs speaking against the fascist measures that the liberals in Washington are pushing. Carry your guns proudly and do not bow down to your enemies. This is not about proving anything.. It is about standing up to injustice.

Let us remember that state governments are not our friends and the blood, sweat, tears and sacrifice that people had to make to achieve their civil rights. Had the black poeple in the South worried about offending the white Southerners who supported Jim Crow, I don't think the blacks would have been liberated from this oppression. And, remember, part of Jim Crow laws was keeping firearms away from black people, who were, according to their state law, not considered equal citizens/humans based on their false interpretation of the Constitution.

Last Edited:
Open Carry at a rally with the sole intention of open carry, at Westlake Park where most likely a dozen or more homeless will be hanging around seems like a recipe for disaster. Last time I was in town, at Kobe Terrace, there were a dozen + homeless, most of them whacked out on something. All it takes is one homeless tweaker, paranoid and indomitable, to ruin EVERYONE's day.

Still want to have it? Have a 2nd Amendment Barbecue, get a band, open and/or concealed carry, and feed everyone who comes. Shut 'em up with food.
Antifa: "hey man, why are you open carrying? Does it make you feel big? Got a small penis?"
you: "dude, I'm here for the food and to support my country and constitution. Here, have some ribs."
I open carry in the woods, and at various times when I don't want to be bothered with concealing. My observation is that people who have an irrational fear of firearms begin to act strange because their fear takes over.

Borrow a bunch of muskets from Andy. Make shift slings and throw them over your back.
A brace of pistols, and 1 or two muskets slung over your shoulder.
a3d7bc487cff66b1511868b71b3c8fa7--famous-pirates-pirate-art.jpg

I saw a picture of a man in a suit with a bolt action on his back on steps of the capital.
This image is belligerent?
Maybe not to you, but it sure will be a trigger to people who cannot comprehend why.
Think of 1968, the Black Panthers demonstrating with open carry firearms at the capital in Sacramento. Perfectly within their rights, and now we have the GCA of 1968. That turned out well.

The fact that people are so fearful or ashamed to open carry in Seattle just helps me understand who rules the roost in this part of the country. I wouldn't for a second deem it fearful or ashamed. I would characterize it as prudent and exercising common sense. If you like getting into conflict, go to downtown Seattle and parade around with the Stars and Bars, or carry a sign which states, "homosexuality is an affliction of moral turpitude." Watch the PC Citizen Posse get up in your face, violently.
Passing such measures, would have been considered treason, once upon a time. Dunno about that. Unthinkable, perhaps.

The fact that people are so fearful or ashamed to open carry in Seattle just helps me understand who rules the roost in this part of the country. These people are trying to pass illegal measures to strip you of your gun rights. It is also what is inspiring me to leave the Northwest. I've just had it up to here with these endless measures to restrict and eventually confiscate my guns. In Oregon they have a ballot initiative that will make it illegal to own a firearm not licensed and approved by the state government. So, I guess the National Guard will be the ones having to knock down the doors and disarm people. I think open carry is a bright idea! Let them know what they will be going up against once they pass these treasonous measures that should never be even allowed to see the light of day. Passing such measures, would have been considered treason, once upon a time.

Normally, I would say don't open carry as you may intimidate the poor, timid people with your guns. Heck, I never open carry, unless I am out in the woods hiking. However, considering the fascists in Seattle are working very hard to strip you of your 2nd Amendment rights, I say screw them all.. If they don't like us marching around the streets open carrying, then tell them to stop violating our Constitution with Jim Crow style laws.

Black people marched in the streets of Birmingham, Atlanta, Memphis, etc in the 1960s during the Civil Rights era. What happened? They were attacked by dogs, sprayed with water cannons and some were shot dead. However, it was being pro-active and vigilant that helped them win their civil rights. So, I am sad to say, that it is being pro-active and in the faces of these tyrants to protect your civil liberties. If you don't get in their face, they will make laws and rules and then send the government after you when your backs are turned.

I say that people do hold the open carry rally and screw the fascist leeches in Seattle. The people are scared of guns, but don't mind mentally deranged homeless people shooting up drugs, defalcating on themselves and threatening them while walking down the street. Seriously, if a bunch of law-abiding people having a pro-gun rally terrifies them, but these deranged lunatics roaming all over the city doesn't, then you know you are in a real cesspool of a civilization.

What an open carry rally will do is let the New Age Nazis know that the people will be vigilant and won't be silenced.

However, I would not advocate just open carrying. Instead, I would carry large signs speaking against the fascist measures that the liberals in Washington are pushing. Carry your guns proudly and do not bow down to your enemies. This is not about proving anything.. It is about standing up to injustice.

Let us remember that state governments are not our friends and the blood, sweat, tears and sacrifice that people had to make to achieve their civil rights. Had the black poeple in the South worried about offending the white Southerners who supported Jim Crow, I don't think the blacks would have been liberated from this oppression. And, remember, part of Jim Crow laws was keeping firearms away from black people, who were, according to their state law, not considered equal citizens/humans based on their false interpretation of the Constitution.
I agree with you, but been there done that in CA already. The elites don't care, they don't get scared, they just use the fear to whip up the useful idiots into more easily restricting gun rights.

If you want to channel your energy, join or form a local militia and preoare for when it is time to fight.

An Open Carry Rally makes about as much sense as the Hunters who drives around with an empty pickup and a carcass tied to the Hood. I'm not apposed to Open Carry, just don't see any point in doing it for no Good Reason.

An Open Carry Rally makes about as much sense as the Hunters who drives around with an empty pickup and a carcass tied to the Hood. I'm not apposed to Open Carry, just don't see any point in doing it for no Good Reason.

It's a right which means no reason needed. Exercise them or loose them.

Some people don't see the point in you owning any guns.

I sure like debating neutering 2nd amendment on the internet, which is protected under the 1st ammendment, talk about ironic.

Open carry is just so provocative to most ordinary, non-gun-owning people today. It is also a source of panic to the general public, they see a gun under any circumstance and they freak out, "Call 911!" Open carry in the woods, okay; open carry in Westlake Center is an invitation to mayhem. From a practical standpoint, concealed carry in populated areas is much safer and unprovocative. Open carry in an urban area makes the carrier a target. Politically, this is not a good idea.
Open carry is provocative to gun owners, more so than the general public. After almost a decade of open carry in Tacoma (downtown, University District, Theater District, Stadium District, Old Town, and Proctor mostly) I found that peaceably carrying a holstered pistol NEVER caused a "freak out" and seldom caused anyone to call 911*. Even if someone does call 911..... so what? The police cannot detain you for lawful behavior, so they cannot demand ID and you may simply walk away even if they show up. I know because I've done it.

You see, that's the difference. People (who have never done it) can speculate and fantasize what might happen (tactical "surprise", first one shot, makes you a target, etc.), but the people that have actually carried openly for years just laugh and roll their eyes. :rolleyes:

*Someone once called the police on me, the dispatcher told them they wouldn't be sending an officer because no laws were being broken. Another time I heard a call on the scanner of a man with a gun at some shopping plaza. First cop rolls up and cancelled his back-up; "It's just an open carry" he reported. He never even stopped his car.

Last Edited:
... Think of 1968, the Black Panthers demonstrating with open carry firearms at the capital in Sacramento. Perfectly within their rights, and now we have the GCA of 1968. That turned out well. ...

That is probably the best example of the effect open carry protests have. Undoubtedly, the '68 law had deep roots in prejudice -- but if you don't think there is rampant prejudice against gun owners amongst the political elites and their largely metropolitan/suburban supporters, you aren't paying attention.

I open carried (>50 days of the year) for ~8 years before finally getting my CHL. I wanted to carry more, and in other states too.
Open carry is provocative to gun owners, more so than the general public. Sure is. When they see my pistol, I will often get into conversations with other gun owners.
After almost a decade of open carry in Tacoma (downtown, University District, Theater District, Stadium District, Old Town, and Proctor mostly) I found that peaceably carrying a holstered pistol NEVER caused a "freak out" and seldom caused anyone to call 911*.
Never had a 911 call, but did see people act surprised and some became uncomfortable and took measures to avoid me.
Even if someone does call 911..... so what? The police cannot detain you for lawful behavior, so they cannot demand ID and you may simply walk away even if they show up. I know because I've done it.
Try it here in Portland.

You see, that's the difference. People (who have never done it) can speculate and fantasize what might happen (tactical "surprise", first one shot, makes you a target, etc.), but the people that have actually carried openly for years just laugh and roll their eyes. :rolleyes:
Maybe you roll your eyes at the naysayers. YMMV. I make a point to thank people for carrying when prudent.

*Someone once called the police on me, the dispatcher told them they wouldn't be sending an officer because no laws were being broken. Another time I heard a call on the scanner of a man with a gun at some shopping plaza. First cop rolls up and cancelled his back-up; "It's just an open carry" he reported. He never even stopped his car.

Just carry your 1911 cocked and locked .
And watch them all cry .
His gun is cocked lol so many people get scared when they see that hammer back LOL

As a matter of fact, I have carried open. Many years ago when I was a young buck. And when I think back on it now, it occurs to me that it was mostly about showing off.

What's the idea of carrying a handgun in the city in the first place, self defense, right? That being the purpose, concealed carry is more effective than flaunting a firearm. Nobody knows you have it until you need it; no sense in giving away an advantage of surprise.

As to making a point, asserting your rights, etc. Since the many school yard shootings, the Las Vegas episode, and so on, making your point by grinding people's noses in it is the wrong way to advance your cause. You're not gonna get any converts, only repel people who might possibly otherwise be sympathetic. When I, as a gun owner for decades, see open carry in the city, I think, "drugstore cowboy."

As a matter of fact, I have carried open....when I think back on it now, it occurs to me that it was mostly about showing off.
And you believe this is typical?
...concealed carry is more effective than flaunting a firearm.
Do you have any objective evidence to support this belief? You say it like it's an established fact, but at best it's merely your opinion; so far completely unsupported by any empirical data.
...no sense in giving away an advantage of surprise.
Concealed carry is not a secret, and resistance to a crime by a victim will not surprise a criminal. This seems to say that it's better to appear unarmed, to invite a crime instead of deterring it.
...it is the wrong way to advance your cause.
More assumption. You assume everyone carries openly to promote a "cause". What about those of us that just flat-out don't really care; who just carry for defense, aren't trying to make a statement?
When I, as a gun owner for decades, see open carry in the city, I think, "drugstore cowboy."
Well, at least you're on the pro-gun side. :rolleyes: It sounds like you've decided that you are the standard against which everyone else should be judged. In other words, gun carry, use, and likely even choice is to be compared to the standard you've established, based on....?

Deriding other gun enthusiasts, and the pejorative tone of 'drugstore cowboy' is certainly derision, because you don't share their opinion is the beginning of "the slippery slope" and how the term Fudd originated.

Well, some people may get to exercise their rights without getting arrested:

Birdmove, ive known quite a few white people who have had guns drawn on them by police as well while open carrying. One guy i met had a plain clothes officer draw on him and didnt even announce he was law enforcement or show a badge. How's that for a sh*tty situation. Basically, it comes down to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Being a minority probably doesnt help. In a perfect world, a police officer who draws a weapon on a person without probable cause would be arrested and serve time in prison, just like me and you. However, i do feel we live in a police state, so that is unlikely.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top