JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never thought 99% of the open carry attenders we're good ambassadors for the media to portray as supporters of the 2nd amendment. Inevitably it's a bunch of camo and tactical clothing wearing chubby white guys.

If we want to make it seem normal to carry a gun, first we need to look respectable while doing it in our clothing choices, our demeanor and our personal appearance.

Secondly, not going out of our way to instigate problems in the biggest liberal crap hole in the state.

I think OC is fine, saw a guy eating his Chic fa le the other day, he didn't have a badge, but could have been a cop, most people didn't even notice, but he was dressed nicely and well groomed and apart from wearing a Glock 19 on his hip visibly looked like most people would expect any self respecting productive member of society to look.

I think probably the best way to make it more be perceived as "normal" to carry is together a video montage that highlights productive members of society from many respected professions, educational backgrounds, financial tiers, family styles and cultures, etc and showing how widespread gun ownership is and how common it is to carry and how the common thread that connects them all is the desire to protect their family and selves and acknowledging that they are the first ones responsible to make sure that happens.

Those are not really New. I think it was a Company called Davis(Competition ONLY) that produced them but they weren't secure enough to wear on the Street. The Hoyt Front Break Holster WAS. "Two Men and a small Boy" could NOT pull the Revolver from the Holster. It had to be pushed forward and Very few BGs knew how the Hoyt worked.:):):)

A more direct answer to your question. I have been know to be Carrying Open(a .45ACP in a Leather Holster on a Web Belt) while still Carrying Concealed(also a .45ACP, tucked into my waist band and held in place with a Clip Grip). I did so while I was a Guarding a Prisoner who was facing a General Court Martial. I was directed by the JAG Officer to remove the Open Carry but since He had no knowledge of the Concealed, it remained in place. :):):)

I don't think this is a good idea. Other than I understand that people have the Right to do this, I personally don't like Open Carry, even if I'm out in the woods. As a former LEO I think that's who should be carrying openly.

On top of that I have a WAC Gunshow in Puyallup this weekend. So I won't be going, anyway.

Very strange interpretation of the 2nd amendment.

"Only LEO should do be doing X" Next up in a few years "Only LEO should have guns."

I take no pleasure in saying this, but we have to think about the consequences of living in the real world. Open carry is just so provocative to most ordinary, non-gun-owning people today. It is also a source of panic to the general public, they see a gun under any circumstance and they freak out, "Call 911!" Open carry in the woods, okay; open carry in Westlake Center is an invitation to mayhem. From a practical standpoint, concealed carry in populated areas is much safer and unprovocative. Open carry in an urban area makes the carrier a target. Politically, this is not a good idea.

Or we could try to condition the populace back the other way by making open carry the norm again.

Very strange interpretation of the 2nd amendment.

"Only LEO should do be doing X" Next up in a few years "Only LEO should have guns."
I don't care for people putting words in my mouth!!!:mad::mad::mad: I have never said that and I NEVER would!!!:mad::mad::mad:

You sound like the Fake News Media.

As has been said above, open carrying is just asking for trouble. Especially if the confederate flag crowd shows up. The firearms community has an image issue that will only be exacerbated by this rally. Step one is changing that image by showing the rest of the public that gun owners are good people.

Our communities energy would be better spent elsewhere. Such as a concealed carry rally with well dressed and calm mannered representatives. Send the message that there are millions that responsibly carry everyday, you just don't know they are carrying.

Those are not really New. I think it was a Company called Davis(Competition ONLY) that produced them but they weren't secure enough to wear on the Street. The Hoyt Front Break Holster WAS. "Two Men and a small Boy" could NOT pull the Revolver from the Holster. It had to be pushed forward and Very few BGs knew how the Hoyt worked.:):):)

TIL. That is pretty neat.

They know regardless they will slowly erode the 2nd amendment. I'm not worried about offending them.

Remember that there are three groups, not two. One is the pro-gun people, the other is the anti-gun people, and third are those on the fence. The pros and the antis aren't changing their minds, but the fence sitters are a different matter. Projecting an ominous and belligerent image will not help fence sitters line up on our side and if we want to win, we absolutely need their support.

I saw a picture of a man in a suit with a bolt action on his back on steps of the capital.

This image is belligerent?

We can represent it how we see fit. It is possible to leave the fatigues at home you know.

I saw a picture of a man in a suit with a bolt action on his back on steps of the capital.

This image is belligerent?

We can represent it how we see fit. It is possible to leave the fatigues at home you know.

To a large number of fence sitters -- absolutely. In the news we can see places around the world where armed people ride around in the backs of pickups, see bombed out buildings, blood on the streets -- those images go together and people who don't want to live in a world like that will make that connection. I get that the 2A is one of the things that prevents the US from going that route (*), but you aren't going to make much headway with those on the fence who don't understand that. All they'll see Mogadishu in Seattle or whatever.

(*) Historically, the greatest threat to any person's safety, has been their own government -- both left wing and right wing authoritarians have stacked up bodies in the millions just in the last century.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top