JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Northwest activists debate Oregon open carry incident

Open Carry activists in Washington and Oregon are currently debating a five-minute video of a police encounter in Klamath Falls involving a man carrying what appears to be an automatic weapon down the street, and a very cool-headed cop.

<broken link removed>

This guy is a tool and it would be better to ignore him instead of giving him more internet time

I for one do not want him representing anything for me,especially my gun rights
People are more likely to see us all as tools with this guy running around.

That the guy making the video is not our best Representative (I've OC for over 40 years and have never had a confrontation) he was in his rights and the officer was wrong...even though the officer did handle himself well. If it can be legal, it must be assumed to be legal unless there are some other extenuating circumstances.

My view of the whole thing is: This guy was obviously teasing for a confrontation...why accommodate him?

Makes me think about the 2nd circuit arguments in NY (Kachalsky v Cacace) where the Westchester County attorney argues that if a person cannot obtain a concealed carry permit they can alway open carry a long gun. Even tho this was argued by the states attorney in the 2nd circuit court of appeals, I'll bet this guy's reception in NY would not be as graceful. The officer handled himself well, but he souldn't have stopped to question teh guy anyway. (BTW: Full auto is legal in Oregon for those that do not know)

This guy is a tool and it would be better to ignore him instead of giving him more internet time

I for one do not want him representing anything for me,especially my gun rights
People are more likely to see us all as tools with this guy running around.

Same could be said about your reply. Please don't post such derogatory messages because you are giving a very poor representation for all of us here. I for one do not want you representing anything for me, especially my gun rights...and they can find this forum and your posts just as easily as his videos...

Same could be said about your reply. Please don't post such derogatory messages because you are giving a very poor representation for all of us here. I for one do not want you representing anything for me, especially my gun rights...and they can find this forum and your posts just as easily as his videos...

Because I said the kid in the video is a tool?
You didn't think I was talking about Workman did you?
Oy vey

Yes precisely, I don't want someone who can't argue like an adult and reverts back to name calling to represent gun owners. As I said, they can find this forum just as easy as finding that video. And no we aren't talking about Workman's article..how did you get that mixed up?

Yes precisely, I don't want someone who can't argue like an adult and reverts back to name calling to represent gun owners. As I said, they can find this forum just as easy as finding that video. And no we aren't talking about Workman's article..how did you get that mixed up?

Gee,I wish I could care what you thought of me,but without knowing you,and you being as fat and ugly as me,or as svelte and handsome, it doesn't really change my life much.

Gee,I wish I could care what you thought of me,but without knowing you,and you being as fat and ugly as me,or as svelte and handsome, it doesn't really change my life much.

That's ok, you fit right in with the typical uncaring gun owner right? That's what you want...see I have given my life into the profession of caring for other people. Maybe that is what differentiates the two of us.

Wow...wish I could frame an argument as measured and mature as yours, firefighter...alas, I am just another southern Oregon redneck, who happens to think that clown in the video is, as someone else here so eloquently said, "a tool". Guess I will just take my ignorant self back to the reloading bench and leave the heavy pondering of gun issues to obviously wiser heads such as yourself.

Wow...wish I could frame an argument as measured and mature as yours, firefighter...alas, I am just another southern Oregon redneck, who happens to think that clown in the video is, as someone else here so eloquently said, "a tool". Guess I will just take my ignorant self back to the reloading bench and leave the heavy pondering of gun issues to obviously wiser heads such as yourself.

You guys have your opinion I have mine. I'm just a western Washington redneck with my own guns and ammo to reload. i just use the constitution as my ruler to "measure" my arguments, you guys can use whatever you want. I don't find you guys ignorant at all, just apathetic. That's how I see 98% of the people though.

You know, you guys here moved me a few days ago. Over the last two days I have asked just over a hundred people if they could recite the constitution, or just the bill of rights...Just the first 5...Just the first 2 amendments...one person I asked could do it. It's a sad nation we live in when immigrants know our constitution better than we do.

Stalker much? :s0112:

... and the guy in the video is a sanctimonious douche bag. You're defending him quite ardently however, is he a friend of yours?

:) I recognized the name from where I spend most of my online time at USA carry, I linked to one of my posts. I notice a lot of members here share accounts there as well, but a lot don't hold their values from one site to the next.

And no I have not met Warren yet, maybe if he ever drives the 10 hours up to Tri Cities Washington we could be friends. I adamantly defend the constitution though so at least we share that value.

Sweet. I'll go find an Uzi and a Mac11 (or something evil looking) and go OC it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top