JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It always amazes me with all the gun owners that don't know that Wa currently registers all handgun transfers that that go through an FFL.
The law is here, part 9 a,b.
http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.110
Thank you for posting this.
Do you know if the ATF shares their 4473's with the state DOL (and visa-versa) or would that be illegal of them to do it?

It always amazes me with all the gun owners that don't know that Wa currently registers all handgun transfers that that go through an FFL.
The law is here, part 9 a,b.
http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.110

......and fill out a form in triplicate that has a lot of private information, sign their name, and hand it back without ever asking what happens or why they are filling it out.

They were clever in making the form an "Application" and not a "Registration" form...

On a side note.
That woman is hard to look at.

isnt it always some angry old bat pissed at the world trying to stop the fun or tell everyone whats good for them?

Sh
......and fill out a form in triplicate that has a lot of private information, sign their name, and hand it back without ever asking what happens or why they are filling it out.

They were clever in making the form an "Application" and not a "Registration" form...
Dealer keeps a copy, one goes to Sherriff's Dept, one goes to DoL.

I believe that it is a whole trick to get one of the measures passed. 594/591 is a charade, you have to chose one or the other.

Either way you end up with more regulation, cannot believe most of the people do not see through this. Giving government more money in processes, legal beagle wit and banter, go hire an attorney, see if I am right.

Get both of those crappy laws a no vote!

I believe that it is a whole trick to get one of the measures passed. 594/591 is a charade, you have to chose one or the other.

Either way you end up with more regulation, cannot believe most of the people do not see through this. Giving government more money in processes, legal beagle wit and banter, go hire an attorney, see if I am right.

Care to elaborate why your against 591??

Actually there would be less regulation with I-591. Specifically the allowed wait period would be reduced from 5 days to 3 days. Anyone that seriously believes we will not at a minimum follow a national standard hasn't been paying attention as we already exceed it. Also if you read I-591 carefully it does not require that we follow a national standard. On the contrary it requires that we "not" follow any that is not. That may sound like the same thing but legally it is not. Let's go a step further though. If there is a national standard then either it is constitutional and we will be required to follow it regardless of I-591 or it is not and I-591 has no effect.

Oh, those that think I-591 would violate tenth amendment rights need to read and carefully consider the tenth amendment. It gives states and the people power over rights not specifically reserved. Go back to the second amendment and read it. That is a specifically reserved right and therefore the tenth amendment doesn't apply. The idea that the states should be able to regulate our inherent right is to say that it is not actually inherent but rather is a privilege reserved to the states rather than a right of the people.

Care to elaborate why your against 591??

Read the constitution. Its really pretty simple, what our rights are.

I may not be that politically correct but more or revised state laws always lead to confusion among the general public. I like the simplicity of our constitution.

Then again I am in Oregon. I do not believe I need a state law to cover what is already in our constitution.

The media is hyping this to push a vote in an Liberal way.

And, as I understand it, with every transfer in Washington State there wil be a use tax collected by the Dept of Revenue.
If you look on the current WA. State Pistol Application, the FFL has to put their State UBI number on it. The only reason they need that is to monitor whether or not taxes have been collected by the FFL Holder doing the transfer.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top