JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been collecting my spent shells forever. No intention of ever reloading them but they always find their way into a bucket. I don't really have enough of any caliber to mess with selling them and was wondering if there were any creative ways to use them.

Anybody do anything interesting with empties?

If it's predominantly one thing or another, most any handloader would jump on buying all of it for, at the very least, scrap prices.. and reload that and perhaps then offer what he doesn't reload for at the same scrap price.. for reloading.
Then at least the brass will be used as intended.. for shooting, not be melted down for beanie baby monocles or something were it "scrapped".

Some gal in Seattlehas a booth at the Feemont farmers' market? I've never been but heard about it.
Freemont of all places. Oh yeah,she makes earrings and such out of them.
I would think the locals would ban her from the market
I made one of those Boreal coats out of a wool blanket. It's a larger hoodie the 'bushcrafters' make. I didn't want a hoodie,so I just made a big collar for it with laces to tie it closed in front.
Then I took some 45acp brass and made the loops to run the laces thru.
Drilled the primer pocket out a little and tried to use them like a rivet but ended up gluing them in place.
They can be used for many things as accents also

Freedom Munitions over in ID also buys back brass. Good folks there. You might want to check them out too.
I second this. I've sent brass back to them when I placed an order and it saved me $75 after the price of shipping it there.
There is a LGS in Hillsboro that buys brass, currently $1.80 a pound. Don't remember the name of it though.....
As far as keeping it to something creative with, I've seen quite a bit of jewelry made out of it.

The biker bell sounds interesting. Not sure how much I have total. Maybe 20#. I don't shoot enough to have a huge pile of it. Just figured there was a better use than the dumpster.

Last Edited:
I have been collecting my spent shells forever. No intention of ever reloading them but they always find their way into a bucket. I don't really have enough of any caliber to mess with selling them and was wondering if there were any creative ways to use them.

Anybody do anything interesting with empties?
Washougal River Cartridge will credit you if you recycle it with them.
Open 10 to 2pm on Sat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads