JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
News alert- there is NO inflation!

I was talking to an old acquaintance today, an intelligent guy, and he breathlessly told me that what's going on right now is NOT inflation. Yes, prices on many things are going crazy, but it's actually "corporate greed" and "out of control capitalism" that's to blame, not inflation.

Just thought you all might like to know.
That means he voted for the people in office right now and is blindly going to keep voting for them. :s0092:
For many politics becomes like people who join some cult. They swallow anything the cult tells them and there is just no reaching them with facts :(

Janet Yellen said just two weeks ago that we are all better off financially than before the Covid Scheme.
"Wages are up more than prices"

da fuk
Could be a couple things. 1 she may really be just a complete moron who really is that dumb, possible. More likely is she knows full well she is lying but she is VERY wealthy. She knows she can say things like that and the "faithful" will never call her out on it. So why not just lie like that. :s0092:

Gotta love it.

March 14, 2024 (Bloomberg) -- Prices paid to US producers rose in February by the most in six months, driven by higher fuel and food costs that add to evidence inflation remains elevated.

The producer price index for final demand increased 0.6% from January, Labor Department data showed Thursday. The gauge rose 1.6% from a year earlier, the largest annual advance since September.

Boneless Skinless Chicken Prices are up 25% over last week. $1.49 a lb last week and $2.02 a lb this week.

1000002847.jpg

And don't get me started on the primer prices. $50 per 1000 shipped. You're killing me.

I was talking to an old acquaintance today, an intelligent guy, and he breathlessly told me that what's going on right now is NOT inflation. Yes, prices on many things are going crazy, but it's actually "corporate greed" and "out of control capitalism" that's to blame, not inflation.

COUGH--biden voter--COUGH.

Mental illness many do have

Inflation is based on the "market basket" of goods, which can change with the political winds of wanton. Be it 'corporate greed', personal greed (stock market gamblers) or inflation (government faux stats) only your wallet knows and tells! How did Adam Smith get it so wrong! Oh yeah, humans!

UPS pays drivers around $150k/yr.
UPS took a HUGE hit when Amazon started to build their own shipping. The one big thing they (UPS) had going for them was FedEx was still so bad. Then when the union made it clear they were going to strike a LOT of people bailed on UPS. Now they are going to price themselves out of the market. . Just a couple weeks ago I bought some more metal. Place I use has always used UPS. This time the stuff came FedEx. So looks like UPS has lost them as a customer and they are a big one. The old line of be careful what you ask for.

Some CNN propaganda from today.
Yeah right.

US consumers are seeing some relief from price increases. Inflation rates have cooled considerably over the last year. But because grocery bills and rent prices are unlikely to return to where they were just a few short years ago, the psychological scars from the war on inflation will linger even though victory is nearing.

Your old acquaintance is actually not intelligent at all.

In economics, inflation is a general increase in the prices of goods and services in an economy.

Just thought you might like to know.

Your old acquaintance is actually not intelligent at all.

In economics, inflation is a general increase in the prices of goods and services in an economy.

Just thought you might like to know.
I get what you're saying, and I agree: inflation is inflation.

As far as intelligence though, this is something that is disconcerting about human nature. I've met some incredibly intelligent people in my life, who have believed some really DUMB things.

It's easy to think that your ideological foe is stupid, or evil, or just plain ignorant, but unfortunately it's not that easy. It seems that the human mind has this amazing adaptability that allows us to rationalize, justify, and believe anything we want to believe. Intelligence doesn't seem to have a lot to do with it. In fact, more highly intelligent people are often the worst of all, in that they know they are more intelligent than most and therefore MUST be right.

This is the guy who once told me, "You know, everyone thinks they're right, everyone in the world, but I've given it a lot of study and thought, and I think I really am right."

I chuckled because I thought that was a pretty funny joke, in an ironic sense, but the look on his face told me he was quite serious.

Acquaintance is/was/will be, a biden voter.
That's for sure, by default if nothing else. He HATES Trump with a vitriolic passion. Ironically, he does have some libertarian/conservative views on a few issues.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top