JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I get what you're saying, and I agree: inflation is inflation.

As far as intelligence though, this is something that is disconcerting about human nature. I've met some incredibly intelligent people in my life, who have believed some really DUMB things.

It's easy to think that your ideological foe is stupid, or evil, or just plain ignorant, but unfortunately it's not that easy. It seems that the human mind has this amazing adaptability that allows us to rationalize, justify, and believe anything we want to believe. Intelligence doesn't seem to have a lot to do with it. In fact, more highly intelligent people are often the worst of all, in that they know they are more intelligent than most and therefore MUST be right.

This is the guy who once told me, "You know, everyone thinks they're right, everyone in the world, but I've given it a lot of study and thought, and I think I really am right."

I chuckled because I thought that was a pretty funny joke, in an ironic sense, but the look on his face told me he was quite serious.
Easily summed into one sentence.

The human mind is amazingly adept at self-delusion.

Some CNN propaganda from today.
Yeah right.

US consumers are seeing some relief from price increases. Inflation rates have cooled considerably over the last year. But because grocery bills and rent prices are unlikely to return to where they were just a few short years ago, the psychological scars from the war on inflation will linger even though victory is nearing.
The most fun will be after the election. If Trump wins we will get a daily dose of how things went to crap the second he won with NO mention of how long it was getting bad. He why not. Media is aimed at people who want to read what they want to be true. :s0092:

Some CNN propaganda from today.
Yeah right.

US consumers are seeing some relief from price increases. Inflation rates have cooled considerably over the last year. But because grocery bills and rent prices are unlikely to return to where they were just a few short years ago, the psychological scars from the war on inflation will linger even though victory is nearing.
This will grow back in no time.

spromaha-thumb-320x178-37112.jpg

Government constantly selectively lies to us.
Example...there are 6 measures of unemployment: U1 through U6.

They "report" U3.

U3 reports only a portion of total unemployment.
U6 reports total unemployment.

You can find the U1 through U6 numbers.....but you have to know they exist.
If you don't know... you accept the U3 number they report as accurate.

Example....

Oregon 2023 unemployment summary (state wide).
What they "Report".....U3 unemployment 3.7%
What they don't "Report".....U6 total unemployment 8.0%

The asshats do the same thing with inflation.
I know they do it and have recently found the various summaries.
Lost where I found them and forgot the particulars.
I do remember the current actual number was closer to 6 or 7% rather than the 3.9% they reported.

...and this is after they have been raising interest rates for 1.5 (?) years trying to kill inflation.
It's not happening like the paid liars in the cheap suits are telling us.

But its a good day.
Sunny/Warm

Could be worse.

Last Edited:
The most fun will be after the election. If Trump wins we will get a daily dose of how things went to crap the second he won with NO mention of how long it was getting bad. He why not. Media is aimed at people who want to read what they want to be true. :s0092:
I had to laugh because "they" are already doing that by pissing and complaining about "those" Republican's allowing everything to go to hell at the boarder by not voting for the dimocrats bill!! That senile old fart saying he'd "Close the border tomorrow", if they would pass his bill!

Inflation stats should reflect the basics of the real cost of sustaining life, not the fakey stuff used to make the politicians look "good" like they are really doing something of worth. The "basket of goods" has been changed many times by whomever is in the Whitehouse. That trick is not just used by anyone party! How anyone can 'pronounce' lower inflation when a can of beans is jacked up from $1 to $ 1.50 is laughable!

It's all good. People are going to get upset when they don't have it their way. You wanted bidenomics and now you got it. You don't see the dog complaining. It's only for a short time. Then ww 3 starts and all you have is 9mm. Should have learned how to microbrew or fish. Good luck with that. If you don't know maybe your sister can guide you. Ruul #1 be nice. That's what the mods always tell me.

I had to laugh because "they" are already doing that by pissing and complaining about "those" Republican's allowing everything to go to hell at the boarder by not voting for the dimocrats bill!! That senile old fart saying he'd "Close the border tomorrow", if they would pass his bill!
The border situation is simply a result of racist whippings from horseback and it should be condemned by all.

is what they say

Haven't been to a Fred Meyer store in many years and stopped at the one off I5 near Tualatin-Sherwood exit yesterday.
Fond memory: In 1995 at 1am cops surrounded me there in the parking lot corner. Apparently FW strikers were out to vandalize the building. One cop on a loudspeaker "You are just taking a piss, right??" My Beavis and Butthead moment. 5-6 cars with lights a blazing I was pondering just how serious are these cops about stopping a guy from peeing in the dark?

Anyway 8oz albeit FANCY ribeye steaks at $18.99. Geez. 8ozs! Hamburger for this dude. Grocery section is massive though, not as I remember it. Didn't have time for Cabelas. Next time.

I just heard that in portland water bills are going to increase 8% per year for the next seven years just for a new process they are adding. This will be in addition the already exisant/ "normal" annual rate increases.

Government constantly selectively lies to us.

The inflation stat I always remember was 1980 to 2000. Always heard the news saying 'things' were TWICE as expensive in 2000. Hmm.

In 1980 I could buy decent running cars for $100-$300, not insure them, ride my $50 Honda 350 motorcycle, and had a nice apt for $250/month. Bag of groceries $25. Nasty burger at McDonalds $.29, .39 if cheeseburger. No luxury lifestyle, but could live on $600 a month. Less when living the van life.

My latest inflation wake-up call?

Actually saw some IMR 4350 in Sportsman's this week...at $75 per pound. Oh my. I expected the IMR branded powders to be more expensive but was not prepared for that.

Actually saw some IMR 4350 in Sportsman's this week...at $75 per pound. Oh my. I expected the IMR branded powders to be more expensive but was not prepared for that.
I have about 4#s, I think, of IMR 4064. Powder Valley, if it was in stock, 4064 is $62.00. I use that in M1 Garand. I'll have to find something else if/when I use that up. I got maybe 6#s of IMR 3031 for .30-30. That is in stock, for $62.00. :(

The issue of primer and powder pricing....

There are currently 2 big time shooting wars in progress.

The US is supporting one side in each of the conflicts and supporting our own military and domestic needs.

A good portion of the support money we "send" remains in this country and supports our weapons manufacturers in this county.

So, OK, prices go up. Sucks but its understandable.

But wait...There's more.

At the same time we are funding the "other" side in each conflict with unnecessarily high crude oil prices that form the basis of the Russian and Iranian economies.

Fact is we are supporting both sides in each of these shooting wars......!

Think about this....this is really something special.....how often does a guy have this sort of opportunity?Quit your complaining, put your big boy pants on and dig deep.

You're protecting our Democracy!

Last Edited:

I saw that too, a few days ago. I even took a photo that I was going to post here but forgot.

Crazy times. My favorite 30-06 load would cost 63 cents per round for just the powder.

I have a couple pounds of 4350 left but don't know if I want to even use it now, but on the other hand there's no way in good conscience that I could try to sell it for anywhere near that price.

IMG_6694.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads