JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a real sore spot with me. Last time I was in school I watched as a HUGE percentage of the students worked on stuff that was worthless in the real world and used that loan money to have all kinds of fun. Now after I paid mine back here they are screaming for me to pay theirs off too. 🤬
Meanwhile many well paying jobs in trade's go begging for people to fill them. I work in healthcare and we will pay the lions share of anyone who wants to go to school to learn needed skills in the trade. VERY few will take advantage of this but boy can they complain about not making enough money. During the great hoax they were paying HUGE money to get people to cover shifts when we came out of that joke. One I work with was griping about "needing" a new video game system since her ex took theirs. I said sign up for one of the extra shifts, You will make $500 for one shift. She "could not do that" as she had a toddler at home to watch. Said pay someone $100 to watch the kid and you will still end up with enough to buy the damn game after one shift. Complaining was too easy so she of course did not. I also tried to show her how the place would pay for her to get more training. That too was a no go so I gave up. :s0092:
A big thing these days is a lot of these "games" are essentially just gambling, involving real money to get to the next level easier, faster, at all, with a new magic robe, spell, talisman, yada. It's crazy and it's huge money.

There is or was a site called "the people of Walmart" Full of pictures that many were funny as hell. A lot of them should have come with a warning before opening as you wanted to bleach your eyes after seeing them. I have not seen a "people of Winco" at least not yet. :s0140:
Mmm, backtits.

Meanwhile many well paying jobs in trade's go begging for people to fill them.
We have an opening right now, good paying industrial job. Experience preferred but not required, on-the-job training, and a good worker could easily make 70k right off the bat. I'm surprised at how few applications have come in.

One guy didn't want to move closer (gotta be on call once in a while), and another lost interest after he learned that there's a drug test involved.

I don't care much for the Walmart here because it's so crowded, but I have no problem rubbing shoulders with all the "poor people and Mexicans" in Winco.
A visit to our Winco on NE San Rafael and 122nd on any given day you might hear four/five different languages! The few times we go into Fred's it always seem the clientele are bunch of rich wokey's . Running their carts around totally opposite of the way they drive, crazy, not slow, over-careful and not give a damn about anyone around them.
Our inflation could be worse.

And you could be sure it would be worse, if biden got in again.

Wife and I are kind of budget nazis as we near retirement age, saving or investing 33% of take home pay and maxing out her 401k on top of that.

We spend $200 weekly in cash for all things grocery store... food, tp, toothpaste, laundry detergent and etc...

I stock the pantry weekly by replacing what went missing in the last seven days. Less than a year ago there was room to "over stuff" it, meaning more than went missing, splurge on some steaks and seafood here and there and always had cash left over, this year on multiple occasions, I did not fill my shopping list and had to put off items until the next week, no splurging whatsoever and no chance of having carry over cash for the next week. There is just the two of us.

A family of four making $90,000 with a mortgage and maybe a car payment must be hard to pencil by now.

No?

This stuff is down to nearly zero too.

A $16 bacon cheeseburger may not be enough to save your neighborhood bar and grill.

Independent restaurants are on financial life support, owners say, squeezed between escalating payroll costs and diners' dwindling tolerance for ever-higher checks.

By the way, the eggs we buy are up 42% since last week and the plain yogurt up 6%.
It adds up.
I believed you the first time. :s0112:

We just don't eat eggs very often. But I know how it feels watching EVERYTHING ELSE we do eat/consume, just keeps going up. Sure glad old sleepy, creepy, sniffy joe tackled that pesky inflation! :s0170:

Last Edited:
Not counting the electric bill (20+%) , auto ins. (23%) and house ins. (30%) amongst other increases . But rest assured President Bystander says all things have gotten better , it's just that people are not giving him / adm. any credit ........ :(:confused::mad:
Well, the treasury secretary did say, just last week that the middle class are financially better off than pre-covid.

The problem is the middle class has all but disappeared.

Not counting the electric bill (20+%) , auto ins. (23%) and house ins. (30%) amongst other increases . But rest assured President Bystander says all things have gotten better , it's just that people are not giving him / adm. any credit ........ :(:confused::mad:
Our homeowners went up 23% in January and the car policy 8%.
I sure would like to get in line with the folks experiencing the 3% inflation they keep talking about.
:(

Our homeowners went up 23% in January and the car policy 8%.
I sure would like to get in line with the folks experiencing the 3% inflation they keep talking about.
:(
Don't' buy a new car! I never cost our insurance company any money other than three windshield claims and a $1,200.00 deer strike repair since I was 18 years, 68 now, old and they have raised my rate from about $350.00 to OVER $700.00! that ain't no effing 23%!

Don't' buy a new car! I never cost our insurance company any money other than three windshield claims and a $1,200.00 deer strike repair since I was 18 years, 68 now, old and they have raised my rate from about $350.00 to OVER $700.00! that ain't no effing 23%!
Dang what time period does that cover?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top