JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My guess is that 56% doesn't shop at Grocery Outlet.
I don't, either. I'm also not whining about not being able to afford things because I make very specific choices on what I'm willing to spend money on and where I'm willing to be poor. Hint: no name brand foods, 30 year old cars, no subscriptions, coffee at home, haircuts at home, cook at home etc etc.

My guess is that 56% doesn't shop at Grocery Outlet.
We shop primarily at Winco, but we have three teenagers to feed.

With all of my wife's health issues, we'd gotten into the bad habit of too much fast food. Cutting that out will save us a bunch.

I was out with two of my kids yesterday, and bought them dinner at Subway. It came to $31 for two sandwiches, and when I paid it asked for a tip!

I don't, either. I'm also not whining about not being able to afford things because I make very specific choices on what I'm willing to spend money on and where I'm willing to be poor. Hint: no name brand foods, 30 year old cars, no subscriptions, coffee at home, haircuts at home, cook at home etc etc.
Wife has gone to one here a few times. I think I set foot in it one time. Seemed "ok". I just never bother. I do often find myself paying for "cheaping out". We bought some new furniture last week. Place wanted $150 to deliver it. We said no we would just rent a truck. That was $35. I have been in pain for 2 days since from moving the old and new. As I take more Aleive I think, probably should have just paid :s0140:

We shop primarily at Winco, but we have three teenagers to feed.

With all of my wife's health issues, we'd gotten into the bad habit of too much fast food. Cutting that out will save us a bunch.

I was out with two of my kids yesterday, and bought them dinner at Subway. It came to $31 for two sandwiches, and when I paid it asked for a tip!
Eating out has gotten ridiculous. Last week we went to Mcdonalds and picked up a Big Mac, filet-o-fish, two quarter pounders with cheese and two 10pc nuggets. It was over $18 and that was with a buy one get one free deal from app and buy one get one for a dollar deals from the menu board.

I went to grocery outlet on Thursday and walked out with four large grocery bags full of food for just under $78. That was the most I have spent in a single trip at grocery outlet but I normally go there a few times a week. Even Safeway and Freddys offer deals occasionally but you have to stick with the digital deals to get good prices there. Winco has decent prices but I find most things I can get for a better deal, on sale elsewhere. I did spend $55 at Winco on Thursday and walked out with a couple of bags of groceries and a 6 pack of paper towels.

People with discriminating taste and or Orothorexia are screwed, prices on high quality food and highfalutin grocery establishments are through the roof.

Eating out has gotten ridiculous. Last week we went to Mcdonalds and picked up a Big Mac, filet-o-fish, two quarter pounders with cheese and two 10pc nuggets. It was over $18 and that was with a buy one get one free deal from app and buy one get one for a dollar deals from the menu board.

I went to grocery outlet on Thursday and walked out with four large grocery bags full of food for just under $78. That was the most I have spent in a single trip at grocery outlet but I normally go there a few times a week. Even Safeway and Freddys offer deals occasionally but you have to stick with the digital deals to get good prices there. Winco has decent prices but I find most things I can get for a better deal, on sale elsewhere. I did spend $55 at Winco on Thursday and walked out with a couple of bags of groceries and a 6 pack of paper towels.

People with discriminating taste and or Orothorexia are screwed, prices on high quality food and highfalutin grocery establishments are through the roof.
Wife and I will still go out about weekly. We only have 1 day a week we are both off at the same time normally. So often will go out on that day. Any more its min $40. She was squawking about it a little last time. I told her you have to remember its not just the cost of the food now. The damn places have to pay at least $20 an hour to get help. So every one of those employee's you see out front and the few in the back you don't see? Each one is getting paid that on top of the taxes the place has to pay.

The thing about grocery outlet is it carries essentially nothing but prepared food. It's really not that great of a place.

The thing about grocery outlet is it carries essentially nothing but prepared food. It's really not that great of a place.
Are you sure we are talking about the same store? :confused:
The ones here are like any other supermarket. They just have a rotating selection of stuff they could grab up a good deal on. So you will not be able to find the same things week to week but, its normal grocery items.

Are you sure we are talking about the same store? :confused:
The ones here are like any other supermarket. They just have a rotating selection of stuff they could grab up a good deal on. So you will not be able to find the same things week to week but, its normal grocery items.
I think some people have higher standards for their Grocer.

A 20lb sack of potatoes is like $5 at winco. I think the only pork grocery outlet carries is bologna.
From what Wife has said its not the kind of place you go to get the stuff on your list. As its real hit and miss what's going to be there that day. More of a place to go and grab up any deals they happen to have at that time kind of thing. I tend to not have the patience for that kind of thing is the only reason I don't go. She has often come home with stuff from one of them here though that she was happy with. We are very lucky where we live though. We have Wally, Fred's, Winco, Safeway/ Albertsons, all in a matter of a few miles from the house though. So when I shop I tend to pick one I am going to be going by anyway and expect to just find everything I want in one stop. During the great hoax I HATED going to the damn stores as it was hit and miss on all of them finding the damn stuff you wanted from one day to the next :mad:

A 20lb sack of potatoes is like $5 at winco. I think the only pork grocery outlet carries is bologna.
If Winco has 20lbs for $5 you will save a buck over GO's current sale price. GO is a place for common folk who want to avoid some inflation, the elites have plenty of other options.

Screenshot (251).png

From what Wife has said its not the kind of place you go to get the stuff on your list. As its real hit and miss what's going to be there that day. More of a place to go and grab up any deals they happen to have at that time kind of thing. I tend to not have the patience for that kind of thing is the only reason I don't go. She has often come home with stuff from one of them here though that she was happy with. We are very lucky where we live though. We have Wally, Fred's, Winco, Safeway/ Albertsons, all in a matter of a few miles from the house though. So when I shop I tend to pick one I am going to be going by anyway and expect to just find everything I want in one stop. During the great hoax I HATED going to the damn stores as it was hit and miss on all of them finding the damn stuff you wanted from one day to the next :mad:
I was thinking the other day I should go to like even just Albertsons or something for perhaps some apples, just for the shock value I know I'd experience as I pretend shopped the whole store while rolling my eyeballs.
I've always eaten like a king while spending very little, cooking from scratch, being creative, knowing what I like and being a quite good cook. Heck, you can get some sushi rice and a pork belly for probably $20 that'd make 15-20 meals.

The Grocery Outlets near me almost always have processed/prepackaged food, very little fresh fruits/produce (and often just days before they expire/go off).. and also almost always have whole aisles of just seasonal outdoors things in addition to wines of all types. They never have baby foods & supplies, never have the variety I like. Mega Foods was a lot better but theyre gone now. There's Waremart/Winco whose prices are always better than Roth's, Safeway, Albertson's and Fred Meyer. Wal-Mart Supercenter or Neighborhood Grocery sometimes have better prices than Winco/Waremart but usually equal or more expensive.

I should try the Cash & Carry grocery shop in Salem if I'm going to be using mostly cash for food...

Sticking to a shopping list is another way to save money, and not shopping when you're hungry.

We've been talking lately about how to save money, getting very serious about it. She grew up living on a shoestring and is comfortable with that, but I'm not. Our old worn-out vehicles won't last forever, and the house needs a new roof this year.

I do think that eliminating non-essentials from our shopping, and cooking a lot more at home is our last, best opportunity to live within our means. As frugal as we are, every time we put groceries away I see a lot of room for improvement. It's healthier too, cooking fresh food and avoiding the processed junk.

Wife and I will still go out about weekly. We only have 1 day a week we are both off at the same time normally. So often will go out on that day. Any more its min $40. She was squawking about it a little last time. I told her you have to remember its not just the cost of the food now. The damn places have to pay at least $20 an hour to get help. So every one of those employee's you see out front and the few in the back you don't see? Each one is getting paid that on top of the taxes the place has to pay.
When you eat there, you are voting for more of it :D :s0123:

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top