JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wow!

I haven't had my allergies hit like this in a long long time.

Nose is running, eyes are burning and my body aches in my joints.

No I'm not sick with a cold as it comes and goes.

Claritin, sudaphed and benydril plus visene have only dented the symptoms....

End of complaining... for now:rolleyes:

Wow!

I haven't had my allergies hit like this in a long long time.

Nose is running, eyes are burning and my body aches in my joints.

No I'm not sick with a cold as it comes and goes.

Claritin, sudaphed and benydril plus visene have only dented the symptoms....

End of complaining... for now:rolleyes:
It seems a little early, but I do see stuff blooming so,...

Thank Ghu for BiMart's generic Zyrtec for me.
I'd miss most of every June and half of July if not for that stuff.

It's been raining and I'm still feeling like a POS so maybe I caught a bug - Idk.

It's worse then my allergies the last 10 years though.

Ears are plugged, glands are swollen, eyes are watery and burn, nose is runny but the meds dried that out some.

I had them bad as a kid and teen but then they mellowed out for awhile. Cut grass always kills me though. When I mow the lawn in the morning I strip before I get inside, go straight to the shower and then suffer on the couch the rest of the day.

My BIL has started taking care of the yard for us though for trades and a little cash here and there so that is working out way better for my wife and I.

Working around our property, the amount of pollen coming off the trees make them look like they are on fire when they go "poof" and expel a bunch, looks like it's smoking. At night when I take the dog out, the beam of my flashlight looks like it's raining, but it's the pollen coming off the trees.

So yeah, it's bad out there and I feel for those who get hit hard. Even those of us who don't normally get hit very hard, notice when it's this bad and this early.

Last Edited:
Not a medico...

Twice a day, depending on physical structure, OTC Zytrec, $$ nasal spray, Benadryl, Aleive

Night to aid in sleep, squirt of decongestant no more than 3 days

Saline spray during the day and lots of h2o.

Might watch out for sudafed as it can exacerbate afib/flutter symptoms with rapid heart rate to the point of causing an cardiac arrhythmia!

If, if you experience breathing prob whatsoever, do not hesitate to seek ER, immediately. Allergies/flu Symptoms can quickly turn into bronchitis or pneumonia!

Hope you feel better soon!

It's been raining and I'm still feeling like a POS so maybe I caught a bug - Idk.

Ears are plugged, glands are swollen, eyes are watery and burn, nose is runny but the meds dried that out some.

I had them bad as a kid and teen but then they mellowed out for awhile. Cut grass always kills me though. When I mow the lawn in the morning I strip before I get inside, go straight to the shower and then suffer on the couch the rest of the day.

My BIL has started taking care of the yard for us though for trades and a little cash here and there so that is working out way better for my wife and I.

When I'm done outside I shower off. And rinse my sinuses.
Why leave all that pollen and grass dust there to work on you?

I also take Zyrtec and use Flonase when my sinuses start to tighten up like a drum.

All this after three sinus surgeries back in my 30's. And five years of weekly shots to treat allergies.
So trust me Joe. Rinse! ;)

images.jpg

I'm starting to feel the allergies pretty bad right now, I want spring and summer to get here but I'm not looking forward to the allergies.

I have to take Allegra in addition to my Zyrtec this time of year, sometimes I get so bad that it causes a sinus infection. Nasal rinses help a ton after being outside for a long period of time.

Salt and water. They sell a special mix of salt and some kind of soda I think?

I just use a shot of non-Iodized salt from the round salt container.
Too little salt and it's uncomfortable and kind of hurts. To much and it dries out your nose membranes.

In time you learn it. And its pretty convenient.

You should.

Your gona see all kinks of little green and brown grass bits if you rinse after mowing the lawn.
That's when it will make sense. ;)

If I mow the lawn or am in the yard working I have gotten to the point where I use a painters respirator. Otherwise my nose runs so much that it may as well be a faucet.

You sound like you're coming down with "ILI." The acronym stands for "Influenza Like Illness" because they missed the guess on which strain of Flu would hit us this year.
It went through our house last month and its a MOTHERF*(KER!
At first your nose starts running and itching and sneezing just like allergies. Then it sinks into your chest and the fever shows up, and 2-3 weeks later you start to feel normal again.
This is all accompanied by lots of phlegm/mucus/snot that resembles banana custard in color and viscosity.

Towards the end, look out for sinus infection and bronchitis. I had the SI, my neighbor had the bronchitis.

This stuff is/was NASTY!
Rest. If you find yourself the least bit sleepy, take a nap. Don't be surprised if you find yourself sleeping 10-12 hours/day.
I NEVER sleep that much normally, but did last month.
Water: plenty, but don't drink so much that peeing disturbs your sleep.
Saline nasal spray or rinse. Keep that sticky s#it rinsed out of there. This is almost a full-time job.
A hot steam humidifier works wonders too. We got ours at BiMart for <$20. Look out though, they're 700Watts and your electric bill will spike.
Use a nasal decongestant and your favorite analgesic. Ours was Ibuprofen and BiMart's generic phenylephrine.
YMMV

Good luck.
A smart doctor once said: Most medications don't do much more than keep the patient occupied while the body heals itself.
That holds true, for the most part, in this case.

Last Edited:
You sound like you're coming down with "ILI." The acronym stands for "Influenza Like Illness" because they missed the guess on which strain of Flu would hit us this year.
It went through our house last month and its a MOTHERF*(KER!
At first your nose starts running and itching and sneezing just like allergies. Then it sinks into your chest and the fever shows up, and 2-3 weeks later you start to feel normal again.
This is all accompanied by lots of phlegm/mucus/snot that resembles banana custard in color and viscosity.

Towards the end, look out for sinus infection and bronchitis. I had the SI, my neighbor had the bronchitis.

This stuff is/was NASTY!
Rest. If you find yourself the least bit sleepy, take a nap. Don't be surprised if you find yourself sleeping 10-12 hours/day.
I NEVER sleep that much normally, but did last month.
Water: plenty, but don't drink so much that peeing disturbs your sleep.
Saline nasal spray or rinse. Keep that sticky s#it rinsed out of there. This is almost a full-time job.
A hot steam humidifier works wonders too. We got ours at BiMart for <$20. Look out though, they're 700Watts and your electric bill will spike.
Use a nasal decongestant and your favorite analgesic. Ours was Ibuprofen and BiMart's generic phenylephrine.
YMMV

Good luck.
A smart doctor once said: Most medications don't do much more than keep the patient occupied while the body heals itself.
That holds true, for the most part, in this case.

Gah, in hoping that's not what it is....:oops:

I'm very tired all day for the last 4. I get a little over 8 hours and when I hit the bed I can close my eyes and my wife says I'm out in about 10 seconds vs playing on my phone for an hour or so.

I'm going to get all of my weekend prep done at work on the outside chance I feel worse tomorrow and then I'm just going to sleep as much as possible. That normally gets me right in a couple days.

I have some car stuff to do this weekend but nothing major so I'll do that when I'm awake.

Or maybe tomorrow will be all roses and rainbow farts and I'll have a productive day and weekend:D

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews