JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Saltwater yes, but the ocean is just teaming with microbial life. The salt water may kill a virus/etc. that is on your skin, only to reinfect it with something else.

That reminds me....

Years back I went snorkeling in waters in the Gulf of Mexico just north of Cabo... My wife wouldn't go in because she had seen poop in the water. Low and behold, when I tried to use the outhouse way back away from the water, it was closed but there was poop galore around back. YIKES!!

I was fortunate not to get seriously ill from swimming in crap infested water... silly me. :oops::oops:

When I lived on a bay in Bremerton, WA, we would disinfect wounds by soaking in the salt water as kids. Got road rash on your knee or elbow, dunk it in the bay. It seemed to help speed up the healing. Yes, it stung a bit, but a little pain never stopped us.

When I was massively a burn victim at age 7, my burn doc recommended swims in the ocean.

Of course, that was in 1959... ;)

That reminds me....

Years back I went snorkeling in waters in the Gulf of Mexico just north of Cabo... My wife wouldn't go in because she had seen poop in the water. Low and behold, when I tried to use the outhouse way back away from the water, it was closed but there was poop galore around back. YIKES!!

I was fortunate not to get seriously ill from swimming in crap infested water... silly me. :oops::oops:

That reminds me of the last time I visited Sedona & thought we'd go down Slide Rock--turns out so many illegals are pooping in the water nobody is allowed in

It was pretty cool the last two times I went down it in the long ago

Better to walk crap covered streets than it is the beach.

While in Sweden they are putting chicken poop in the park

San Francisco has already shown us that strewing a city with human poop has no effect

Sunshine, fresh air and salt water swimming are good for you! Swimming is good for you (Ocean, lake, river, and pool.) and always has been. I am very biased there!

Now, if your ocean is FILLED with sewage, oil spills, huge amounts of trash and E coli - that is NOT a good thing obviously.

I would not want a beach, the sand or beach/dune grass to be filled with human or animal dung or TRASH. No sane person wants that!

I find it amazing that some mayors and governors think that it is OKAY that the drunks, dope fiends and transient BUMS = some so called homeless can poop, urinate, vomit, bleed and TRASH PUBLIC SIDEWALKS and in local areas --- yet --- they want to shut down beaches and parks all across this nation!

Oh yes, they want to shut the beaches down, close trails, close/lock the GATES on federal, state, county and local lands including children/teen parks/playgrounds due to the VIRUS because they want you cooped up in your home! God forbid that you should want to USE a public boat dock or use a pier to fish off of too.

WE are the government and we are here to help you. NOT!

I do NOT believe that local, county, state and the U.S. Government leaders on ALL levels have handled this 'virus' mess properly. The so called CURE (LOL) is worse than the disease from a to z. I do not believe that the statistics that DIFFER so much from various sources are correct too.

And after talking to D. in my former state (Great Lakes region - boonies.) who has a LARGE family via his wife's side in New York - I know and BELIEVE that the figures and so called expert stats that differ so widely do NOT add up. D.'s family in NY = one relative died, one VERY elderly MIL supposedly has IT and one other relative supposedly has IT. ALL of them had other physical issues and the OLD MIL is in her 80's (?) if not in her early 90's for crying out loud!

His wife talks to her NY friends and NY family on a regular basis and even SHE does not believe the stats and MOST New Yorkers do not either! He gets around the country as a truck driver too. Retired Army and Army NG and a part time farmer.

I believe that most of this so called 'virus' has been around us for some time and most of us have already been exposed to it too.

I have been reading more about this. I believed the FIRST reports but I did not/do not believe that ANY OF THIS was handled properly from the gitgo.

MANY businesses could have stayed open with proper precautions and letting governors and mayors DICTATE to their peons on what they could and could not do was the FIRST MISTAKE. And it went down the toilet from there!

Heck, our MT governor (D!) did not handle this right and even though he made some changes, some mayors including my D. morbidly obese and former drunk mayor who went to rehab (I don't know if he is sober now or not!), county health leader and other cra cra officials are NOT going along with what the governor said about LIFTING restrictions and so forth. One or more county LEADERS (?! LOL) want to exercise their control freak orders and are on a power control TRIP!

I am sure that most people did not want to vote for petty TIN gods even if their elected officials turned into those petty tin gods and tyrants on a POWER/CONTROL TRIP! And if they really wanted a tin god - maybe they need to move to a communist country.

Cate

Last Edited:
A few weeks ago it was Bike Week in my town, of course the event was cancelled but it's hard to stop hundreds of bikers from converging on the town-- What really frustrated bar owners was having to be closed, while watching hundreds of bikers sitting in the parking lot across the street drinking at Circle K :eek::eek:

A few weeks ago it was Bike Week in my town, of course the event was cancelled but it's hard to stop hundreds of bikers from converging on the town-- What really frustrated bar owners was having to be closed, while watching hundreds of bikers sitting in the parking lot across the street drinking at Circle K :eek::eek:

That is really sad to hear!

MOST small businesses will NOT open up here again. Some of them have already stated this in our local and state news.

Too much to type but you get my drift.

Old Lady Cate

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews