JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I drove through Lake Oswego (where the rich folk hangout) yesterday and saw a lot of police presence and no homeless persons.
Zero camps, no trashy plastic tarp shelters or abandoned shopping carts, just a nice quiet neighborhood and as soon as I drove into Portland, it started looking bad and only got worse the further you got towards downtown.
I live south in West Linn and travel thru Lake O on my way back and forth to work. Both West Linn and Lake Oswego are pretty clear of homeless trash piles or campsites. I work in SE Portland and see what people living in those neighborhoods have to endure. It's pretty sad and very frustrating that there's not really much one can do about it.

When I look out on the growing aggregations of tents occupied by the "homeless" inside of the freeway barriers I wonder how long until they are spilling en masse onto the right of way to waylay motorists - like Sawney Beane and his crew of inbred cannibals. I expect that around the same time there would be random shots fired into the bum ranches from passing motorists.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying I would like to see this, just that any more nothing is too absurd to happen.

Move to Seattle, Inslee is going to spend Point Eight BILLION dollars there to house the homeless.
He's on top of it.
Not so fast! I heard Mult County just started up it's homeless tax (as well as a pre school for all tax, lol). They were already up to 2 or 3 grand per homeless person, which is certainly enough to house the homeless. I guess if you put the useful idiots in housing, they are much less useful.

Sounds like south east Salem!
Right here next to McNary airport, we have the Lowes and Walliwirld and a few small forgotten businesses. You wouldn't believe the number of homeless that were living right behind the Walliwirld in Cascades Park, it took the city over 2 years to give them the boot, and less then 4 months later, they are slowly coming back! That park used to be one of the nicest I have ever seen, nice, expensive playgrounds, very nice fenced doggy play areas, even a stocked pond, lots of shade, and even nice BBQ pits! Summer time always had the Hispanics partying it up, but in a nice respectable manor! You should see it today the city hasn't addressed all the burn damage, or all the amenities that were destroyed, it's gated off and no one dares go in there for fear of all the needles and other nasty not nice things! Right now, I count 30+ tents pitched right across the fence from our property! I can literally sit at the dinner table carving my 16 oz Porterhouse and watch the homeless shooting up, setting propane bottles on fire, and blowing themselves up, all while burning everything in sight that can burn! The city said they can't do anything about them, they have no budget, and it's a super low priority, as in out of sight, out of mind, not even close to our concerns right now, so it will likely get much worse, and take the city another 2 years for finally do something again! This last time, they spent almost 4 million to clear them all out and sort of restore all the damage! Hell, the zombie R/Vs alone took almost half that!

Not just the big cities anymore folks. I live in a town of 2,000 people, 25 miles from the closest city with a population of 10,000 or more. A few weeks ago within two days there was a hostsge situation at the gas station, someone trying to enter peoples vehicles in broad daylight on the main street and my 11 year old got to watch the cops handle a guy in nothing but his underwear. The topper was the home invasion 3 doors down from us. Around 1:00am a random man kicked in a door and attacked the older couple inside. This little village used to be like Mayberry. Not anymore. Kids can't just ride off on their bikes. The doors are always locked. Used to sleep with just the 9mm beside the bed. Now have a shotgun beside me as well as I type this. I feel like S has HTF.

Funny becuase there was a news story about Store owners in Tacoma that want to do that around their stuff. At the same time, the news has expressed that electric fences around homes and private land in Tacoma is illegal.
You get what you or you're mail in ballot votes for! I have 3 Rottys, but sucks when you have to go into town!

"Right now, I count 30+ tents pitched right across the fence from our property! I can literally sit at the dinner table carving my 16 oz Porterhouse and watch the homeless shooting up, setting propane bottles on fire, and blowing themselves up, all while burning everything in sight that can burn!"

Just look at all the entertainment the Bums and Junkies Brigade is providing for your dining pleasure and FOR FREE!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews