JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In March I will have lived at my house in Spanaway for 3 years. In that time for some reason. It has gotten deadly hear in Spanaway. At 11am today a man was shot to death at a house in south Spanaway. This will make the 8th fatal shooting with in a 5 mile radius of my house.
On top of that, there are stripped stolen cars dropped off in the Albertson's parking lot and the neighborhoods around me. Burnt up motorhomes and a large homeless community. People have had the vehicle stolen while shopping inside O'Rieley's auto parts.
With all that said, I have not had one single problem with anybody messing with anything in my yard or house. But I still have a handgun very close if something may happen. It also helps tp have 2 full grown Doberman dogs that are very alert when anybody is in the front yard.

Last Edited:
If we make it that far mark my words. We'll be patrolling our own immediate neighborhoods or properties soon and I don't mean that pansy handed Neighborhood Watch stuff either. The time is near I'm afraid. As the cool kids say these days. "Stay strapped or get clapped"

I'm not familiar with Spanaway, however, it sounds like a nowadays typical American community.
Spanaway is a community south of Tacoma and Parkland. East of JBLM and west of the Puyallup south hill area. Joint Base Lewis McChord. Or known for years as Ft. Lewis and McChord Airforce Base.

We are definitely going to need to see pictures of the puppies to review their awesomeness. :)

Also, even though you haven't had problems, you may want to beef things up a bit...cameras, lighting, locks, security film on the windows, etc.,...if you don't have that stuff already.

Wife and I lived there for a few years and moved late summer. When we moved in from NW Tacoma it was FAR nicer. First thing I saw when walking the dogs was the kids toys in the yards. Bikes and such, left out. Where we had moved from that had long been something you no longer saw. The Albertsons mentioned was an old store but there was no real signs of trouble. It did not take long till I started to see scum wandering the parking lot of that store when I would stop in there at night or early morning. Soon it was during the day like that too. Sadly place was getting bad. The scum is like a cancer :mad:

Stuff like this is why I wish I could buy an abandoned townsite like Lester, rebuild it, add a full perimeter wall, set up a pro-gun pro-freedom HOA as the municipal gov and then sell the restored historic houses/reconstructions to fellow NWFA'ers.

A buddy in LE says that basically crime is surging everywhere around the base, but didn't care to speculate on what might be driving it.

Wife and I lived there for a few years and moved late summer. When we moved in from NW Tacoma it was FAR nicer. First thing I saw when walking the dogs was the kids toys in the yards. Bikes and such, left out. Where we had moved from that had long been something you no longer saw. The Albertsons mentioned was an old store but there was no real signs of trouble. It did not take long till I started to see scum wandering the parking lot of that store when I would stop in there at night or early morning. Soon it was during the day like that too. Sadly place was getting bad. The scum is like a cancer :mad:
They just placed a 24/7 4 way camera system at the Albertson's parking lot and that stopped the homeless hanging out in their cars parked on the edges of the lot.

10,000-volt electrified fences, de-extincted tyrannosaurs... moat full of *Dr Evil voice* sharks with frickin' lasers on their heads...
Funny becuase there was a news story about Store owners in Tacoma that want to do that around their stuff. At the same time, the news has expressed that electric fences around homes and private land in Tacoma is illegal.

Last Edited:
Spanaway is a community south of Tacoma and Parkland. East of JBLM and west of the Puyallup south hill area. Joint Base Lewis McChord. Or known for years as Ft. Lewis and McChord Airforce Base.
A year ago I visited my nephew who lives in Tacoma for Thanksgiving. I could not believe what a toilet that place has become. One big slum.

After reading all the negative reviews of motels and hotels in the area (drug dealing in the parking lots, car thefts and break ins, etc.) I decided to drive up and back the same day.
there are stripped stolen cars dropped off in the Albertson's parking lot and the neighborhoods around me. Burnt up motorhomes and a large homeless community. People have had the vehicle stolen while shopping inside O'Rieley's auto parts.
The other day I had occassion to drive out to the north side of our town, which I don't visit very often. I was horrified to see that the relatively unknown "nature preserve" there which is totally inside city limits has been completely taken over by people living in derelict RVs and is littered with the hulks of stripped vehicles. Several guys could be seen stripping cars in broad daylight right beside the road. Not a cop to be seen. FMTT.

I guess the environmental extremists running our state don't care much about the nature preserve right in the state capitol city. Either that or they just consider the druggies another form of wildlife that needs to be protected. :s0054: :s0054: :s0054:

Funny becuase there was a news story about Store owners in Tacoma that want to do the around their stuff. At the same time, the news has expressed that electric fences around homes and private land in Tacoma is illegal.
I saw that too. I had no idea they did that at all. Be nice if you could set up some kind of OC fogger for the scum. Or this time of year just something to spray water all over the damn people.

1641027519000.jpeg

I saw that too. I had no idea they did that at all. Be nice if you could set up some kind of OC fogger for the scum. Or this time of year just something to spray water all over the damn people.
Well, the Israelis and Japanese already use that for riot control... the former adds blue dye to mark perps and the latter uses something like skunk scent. Combine the two and... Stinking Smurfs?

In March I will have lived at my house in Spanaway for 3 years. In that time for some reason. It has gotten deadly hear in Spanaway. At 11am today a man was shot to death at a house in south Spanaway. This will make the 8th fatal shooting with in a 5 mile radius of my house.
On top of that, there are stripped stolen cars dropped off in the Albertson's parking lot and the neighborhoods around me. Burnt up motorhomes and a large homeless community. People have had the vehicle stolen while shopping inside O'Rieley's auto parts.
With all that said, I have not had one single problem with anybody messing with anything in my yard or house. But I still have a handgun very close if something may happen. It also helps tp have 2 full grown Doberman dogs that are very alert when anybody is in the front yard.

Yeah? Well that's what I have going on where I live in potland. A couple miles straight South of the airport. Just had an effed-up Subaru dumped in the lot, of a Albertson's no less, three days ago. No wheels, broken glass, left it on its side. Weird thing? They took it back two nights later. Don't know how. But it was gone. they don't even put the shooting s on the news anymore, that's okay though, I don't watch it any way. We live here with a constant fear that someone will need to call 911. They don't answer like they used to. Wifey has had to call them when a customer at the store, or some mug in the parking lot, gets crazy out of hand. 911 doesn't answer, and if/when they do it's likely to be more than an hour wait for an officer to show up.
If we make it that far mark my words. We'll be patrolling our own immediate neighborhoods or properties soon and I don't mean that pansy handed Neighborhood Watch stuff either. The time is near I'm afraid. As the cool kids say these days. "Stay strapped or get clapped"
I don't think that's ever going to happen where we are. MAYBE where you are, rural/semi rural. I've got a hunch that rbd241's hood is pretty similar to mine. Last time he was talking about this sort of thing I googled Spanaway and looked around, went right down on the street. Looks pretty much like where I am. Probably even has the sheeple walking/drive around with their masks on in the wide open outdoors. No ones going to go out and defend there possessions or neighbor's. And IF anyone did the police WOULD be on them like stink on poo.

Last Edited:
I drove through Lake Oswego (where the rich folk hangout) yesterday and saw a lot of police presence and no homeless persons.
Zero camps, no trashy plastic tarp shelters or abandoned shopping carts, just a nice quiet neighborhood and as soon as I drove into Portland, it started looking bad and only got worse the further you got towards downtown.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews