JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While this new group should be lauded for their efforts, they do themselves and other Second Amendment supporters a disservice by giving so little notice. The story is not and will never be "200 show up on short notice" It will always be "only 200 show up to gun rights rally".

The weather is getting warm, and people are going to be more apt to get out there and rally for their rights. Hopefully groups start learning to put notice out way further in advance.

200, or even 5,000, showing up on a Saturday when the legislators have gone home for the weekend, doesn't really have the desired effect.

Best would be thousands showing up on a weekday when they are present, and ALL protestors visiting them in their offices. "Good morning Senator Kline: We have 5,000 people in the foyer who want to tell you their views on the legislation you propose." :cool:

While this new group should be lauded for their efforts, they do themselves and other Second Amendment supporters a disservice by giving so little notice. The story is not and will never be "200 show up on short notice" It will always be "only 200 show up to gun rights rally".

The weather is getting warm, and people are going to be more apt to get out there and rally for their rights. Hopefully groups start learning to put notice out way further in advance.

Not just short notice, but saturation. What's this now, three gun rallies in Oly?

People get tired of these, like it or not.

They find some reason not to attend. It was a nice day. Good for cutting the lawn and not spending a fortune on gas just to hear a bunch of people talk, a couple of weeks after you heard the same speeches.

Dave, you're right about the saturation.
But then: Is our purpose to merely get together and woof about our "rights" - preaching to the choir, as it were? Or should we go, en-mass, to influence these legislators who try their best to ignore us.

I agree completely Dave. There needs to be one planned a couple of months out. When the Capitol is "Working". I have college and family obligations, and can't throw out weekend plans on two days notice.

I agree completely Dave. There needs to be one planned a couple of months out. When the Capitol is "Working". I have college and family obligations, and can't throw out weekend plans on two days notice.

This. I would happily ignore the lawn and drop the gas money to hang with like minded 2A folks and check out all the great hardware, but flaking on the family on ultra-short notice, I cannot. Saturation is a good point too.

200, or even 5,000, showing up on a Saturday when the legislators have gone home for the weekend, doesn't really have the desired effect.

Best would be thousands showing up on a weekday when they are present, and ALL protestors visiting them in their offices. "Good morning Senator Kline: We have 5,000 people in the foyer who want to tell you their views on the legislation you propose." :cool:

As an activist of 27 + years I can tell you that large weekday rallies are a mere fantasy. Gunners and their families are working people

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top